Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #3451
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigandergirl View Post
How is the sound-proofing in the suites? We always seem to have crazy noisy kids either next to us or above us when staying in hotels. Don't get me wrong, my kids aren't angels, but the last hotel we were at I thought the ceiling was going to come crashing down from the heard of elephants above us! Maybe I should request the top floor?
Other than the jet engine toilets, soundproofing is pretty good. We rarely heard anyone on either side of us. I could hear when things were dropped on the tile floor above us, but DD didn't notice.

It seemed whenever a door was shut (and most people let them slam) anywhere in the building, the building shakes. Same goes for toilets ~ anytime one was flushed in the building, you could hear it.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #3452
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer

I was in Nemo 3rd floor and I didnt much noise at all. Not even the toilet flushing thing. Mornings sometimes youd hear some excited kids going down the hall same in evening but its disney I think that should be expected. Overall Id say one of the quietest rooms weve had.

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #3453
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigandergirl View Post
How is the sound-proofing in the suites? We always seem to have crazy noisy kids either next to us or above us when staying in hotels. Don't get me wrong, my kids aren't angels, but the last hotel we were at I thought the ceiling was going to come crashing down from the heard of elephants above us! Maybe I should request the top floor?
Request top floor, it will be very quiet. We had no issues.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #3454
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Have any adults slept on the table bed? Is it as bad as a pull out couch? Trying to decide where to stay if I go up with a friend and our kids. One adult would get the regular bed and I figured the other would get the table bed because it looked more like a murphy/real bed from the few pictures I've seen.

Thanks!

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #3455
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

I really enjoyed staying here on my recent visit..except for mousekeeping.
Every single morning at 8 am she would knock once and then open the door. She didn't wait for a response. She would just open it. One morning she didn't even knock! She just opened the door!
When I ran to the door, as we were half asleep in bed, all she was doing was asking how everything was and if we needed anything.
This was great to be asked and everything..just not this early in the morning and not without waiting for a full response.
I could have been undressing at the time.

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #3456
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
Every single morning at 8 am she would knock once and then open the door. She didn't wait for a response. She would just open it. One morning she didn't even knock! She just opened the door!
When I ran to the door, as we were half asleep in bed, all she was doing was asking how everything was and if we needed anything.
This was great to be asked and everything..just not this early in the morning and not without waiting for a full response.
Are there no deadbolt locks on the doors? Or do not disturb signs?

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
Old 04-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #3457
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

We had a ground floor corner unit and we didn't notice noise much at all.

There is Do Not Disturb and privacy locks. We were fortunate in not having the mousekeeping problem with early entrance that the PP had!

Overall, we loved this resort and are planning on staying there again in March 2014.

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
Old 04-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #3458
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
we have had this experience numerous times at Disney resorts. . even if we have the do not disturb sign out, they knock .. just to make sure you dont' want to be disturbed! actualy, they want you to sign something saying you don't want service. I just don't want to be woken. (yes you can call ahead of time, but you aren't always sure what your plans are).
Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #3459
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

We were on the first floor and the only thing I heard was the toilets. Occasionally we would hear the pool music when we were back in the room for nap time for our youngest, but he slept just fine.

Our Mousekeeping was fabulous! They never disturbed the room when we had the sign up. We did get back one afternoon and they were cleaning our room so we waited in the hall. That was a little weird because we've never been in that situation before! But when they came out one evening and changed the sheets on the master because a certain 2 year old dumped his cup of sprite all over the bed they were definitely heroes in our eyes!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #3460
cmsb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeudj View Post
Booked a cars suite.. Which building should I request? Any suggestions
We stayed in the Lightning McQueen building and had a nice view of the Lake and Pop. While it is technically the farthest building, it is a matter of an extra minute walk, so not a big deal. My boys loved it because they got to walk past all of the cars each time we went somewhere instead of having to go out of our way to do so.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #3461
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

It's official.
Just booked our Finding Nemo suite. Nov 4-12.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #3462
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Lol tell me about it
It's April and its still cold
Where in Ontario are you?
We are in windsor
We are in London, so not far away.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #3463
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Here now and was one who was worried about the thermostat issue. We got here and the lowest it went was 67 - def. Was too warm for me, especially for sleeping. Called maintenace to come lower it and now it goes down to 64 which is MUCH better.

Ftr - 67 felt like 77 to me!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #3464
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbd03 View Post
Newbie here...first post actually.

We stayed at AoA in June, we were the first ones in the Cars suites..I will be happy to answer some questions.
Well, if you do not mind I would appreciate any help!

We have stayed at Pop century (2 rooms) and enjoyed our stay very much and we are wondering if we would like AOA for grandchildren, especially a grandson who loves the cars movies.How far is the walk from the cars section to lobby and bus & which building would you suggest? Would the suite be comfortable for 4 adults & 2 small children?

I'm also a little worried about the food court at AOA . We like fruit, salad and vegetables the typical cheeseburgers, nuggets, pizza & moms night out specials, & ice cream section at Pop Century. We are not to adventurous in our eating.

We stayed in a preferred room at Pop close to the food court & lobby and we liked the convenience of running to the food court for breakfast, lunch, dinner when we were there and needed to eat. So... I worry I may stay in the cars section of AOA and be driving to POP to eat .LOL! We also enjoyed the close walk to and from the bus.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #3465
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
Well, if you do not mind I would appreciate any help!

We have stayed at Pop century (2 rooms) and enjoyed our stay very much and we are wondering if we would like AOA for grandchildren, especially a grandson who loves the cars movies.How far is the walk from the cars section to lobby and bus & which building would you suggest? Would the suite be comfortable for 4 adults & 2 small children?

I'm also a little worried about the food court at AOA . We like fruit, salad and vegetables the typical cheeseburgers, nuggets, pizza & moms night out specials, & ice cream section at Pop Century. We are not to adventurous in our eating.

We stayed in a preferred room at Pop close to the food court & lobby and we liked the convenience of running to the food court for breakfast, lunch, dinner when we were there and needed to eat. So... I worry I may stay in the cars section of AOA and be driving to POP to eat .LOL! We also enjoyed the close walk to and from the bus.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
I am not an adventurous eater, either and I did not much care for the food at AoA. We walked over to Pop a few times to eat.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: