Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
alisha123
Mouseketeer

Photo pass+

Can anyone tell me if this is really worth me spending $150 for this? Still debating it for our June trip
alisha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

I think it depends on whether you family will take advantage of the photopass photographers stationed throughout the parks.

Is it your families' first trip? If so then it will be extra memorable, and the photopass is a great idea, b/c you will want to take advantage of every photo op. Let your kids know (if applicable) that they will need to cooperate with the requests to pose on command lest they face the wrath of mama! You want to get your money's worth

Having the attraction pix will be great too. I have pictures of me and my brother and sister on Splash Mountain from about 16 years ago and it is one of my treasured possessions ~ also something you would not likely spend the money on if you were purchasing prints, they are like, $20 a pop!
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
alisha123
Mouseketeer

It is my kids fort time so I leaning toward getting it. I have the luau dinner reserved and the cast members will be there taking photos. So I think I will go ahead and plan on it!! Thanks for the info 👍
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
zabache
DIS Veteran

I'm also debating the Photo Pass. So every pic taken by a CM will be on the CD or online? Last time I went to Disney they gave me the photo pass I think but it was to see the pics online. With the phot pass plus is where you get the cd? The ride pics are also included?
Thanks
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-19 ASSp-December 19-24th AKL Kidani
zabache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabache View Post
I'm also debating the Photo Pass. So every pic taken by a CM will be on the CD or online? Last time I went to Disney they gave me the photo pass I think but it was to see the pics online. With the phot pass plus is where you get the cd? The ride pics are also included?
Thanks
With Photopass+ you get all your ride pictures. They will be on your CD rom or download, whichever you choose. You would also get any prints of photos that were taken at character meals that offer print packages, such as Hoop Dee Doo, Tusker House character breakfast & lunch, etc. The cost for the PP+ pays for the CD rom, or download, of all the pictures.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

You can pre-purchase either the Photopass CD or the Photopass + (also a CD). By pre-paying you save money. It's the same as last time you went and got the Photopass, after your trip you saw all your pictures and had the option of buying the CD for $150 with all your photos. If you pre-buy the Photopass it's $120. Photopass+ gives you all those photos PLUS all your ride photos (I think they are regularly $15 each) PLUS all your Dining photos (where applicable, generally $30 for the package) for a pre-paid price of $150.

As for if it's worth it, I'm still debating it. I WANT it, but do I want to pay $150? Still not sure. Last trip I WANTED to buy the CD but didn't due to price, I bought 2 pictures only at $15 each. Although it's nice to get all of them do you NEED them? Up to you. I'm going to wait and see if I'm able to save a bit more for the trip, and if so I'll probably get it. We'll see.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

If you are on a MYW package that you or your TA made with Disney you can add this to your package for $149 plus tax too. The advance purchase is a $50 discount off the regular price. If in your package, you will get a voucher in your Mickey Mail similar to the mini golf vouchers. You redeem that voucher at the camera centers in the parks (and I think at some resorts too) for your Photo Pass + card as soon as you get to the World to give to all their photographers, at the the ride picture desks, and to the CM photographer at your meals where pictures are taken before you are seated (Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, etc.)

All those pictures are included and will be added to your CD. I think the actual meal photos are also given to you. Someone please correct me on that or verify it. Also included is a CD of stock photos for your use. The amount of pictures on your CD is unlimited! You register at the Photo Pass site in the normal way and edit your pictures there too before ordering your CD. Pay attention to the time limits for registering, editing, and ordering since the clock starts ticking when the photo pass is first used to take a picture.

Often a family group will share one PP+ card as other normal photo pass cards can also be added to the account if people split up in the parks. But the PP+ card has to be present to get the ride and meal photos so if the actual holder is sitting out a park day have another family member take the PP+ card with them.

If you might purchase a ride photo or two or a couple of meal pictures it definitely saves some money!
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
zabache
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-19 ASSp-December 19-24th AKL Kidani
zabache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #9
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
alisha123
Mouseketeer

So do you get the prints at the dinners or on the rides right then? Or do you have to pay more money to print those out yourself at a later time? I'm confused on that. If I am paying $150 I want to look at the finished product right then? How does that work? Anyone know?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisha123 View Post
So do you get the prints at the dinners or on the rides right then? Or do you have to pay more money to print those out yourself at a later time? I'm confused on that. If I am paying $150 I want to look at the finished product right then? How does that work? Anyone know?
With photopass plus, you get digital copies of ride photos, and for meal photos you get digital and the prints.

All of the pictures taken by photopass photographers will be included on your disk. Also included are all your edits, such as borders and signatures. On the disk is included a limited release, allowing you to print at home, or Walgreens, CVS, etc.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinka-belle View Post
If you are on a MYW package that you or your TA made with Disney you can add this to your package for $149 plus tax too. The advance purchase is a $50 discount off the regular price. If in your package, you will get a voucher in your Mickey Mail similar to the mini golf vouchers. You redeem that voucher at the camera centers in the parks (and I think at some resorts too) for your Photo Pass + card as soon as you get to the World to give to all their photographers, at the the ride picture desks, and to the CM photographer at your meals where pictures are taken before you are seated (Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, etc.)

All those pictures are included and will be added to your CD. I think the actual meal photos are also given to you. Someone please correct me on that or verify it. Also included is a CD of stock photos for your use. The amount of pictures on your CD is unlimited! You register at the Photo Pass site in the normal way and edit your pictures there too before ordering your CD. Pay attention to the time limits for registering, editing, and ordering since the clock starts ticking when the photo pass is first used to take a picture.

Often a family group will share one PP+ card as other normal photo pass cards can also be added to the account if people split up in the parks. But the PP+ card has to be present to get the ride and meal photos so if the actual holder is sitting out a park day have another family member take the PP+ card with them.

If you might purchase a ride photo or two or a couple of meal pictures it definitely saves some money!
If you add the Photopass to your resort package, you will have to pay tax. It is cheaper to order it on its own because they do not charge tax.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Just the thought of not having to figure out how to pack all the ride photos DH insists on buying will make it worth it! He gives me flack about going up to the PhotoPass Photographers ("Oh, look - one of Mommy's friends!) but he wants to buy the photos for every time on Buzz (he will do that ride 5x), Twilight (3x), Dinosaur (4x), etc.

Huge savings right there - in time, because he will only buy one of each ride, but then wonders if he messed up with the one he bought....
Old 06-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #14
Smrtcooky
Earning My Ears

Trying to find others to share the costs in a photopass. 3 families signed up for one...looking for more! Trip dates late June-early July. Pm me

I'm cooky for MICKEY!
Smrtcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smrtcooky View Post
Trying to find others to share the costs in a photopass. 3 families signed up for one...looking for more! Trip dates late June-early July. Pm me

I'm cooky for MICKEY!
They no longer allow shares to be set up on this site. You should try a Facebook search. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote