Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #31
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Blessedby3! I just noticed your TR from 2010. How awesome to be family of the day! I didn't even know there was such a thing! I just read the first page of your TR and can't wait to read more!

We were at BLT in May 2010 too.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #32
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
Thanks, Blessedby3! I just noticed your TR from 2010. How awesome to be family of the day! I didn't even know there was such a thing! I just read the first page of your TR and can't wait to read more!

We were at BLT in May 2010 too.
Thanks, it was pretty awesome! First time anything like that has ever happened We loved BLT!!! I wish we could afford to stay there again...maybe someday. We got an awesome 45% room discount.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #33
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Alright, sorry I've been MIA so long! Just not much going on re: trip planning. But yesterday, something VERY exciting happened!

After watching airline prices for this trip for the past couple of months, we decided it doesn't look like the prices will drop as we had hoped. We decided to just book the flights.

I discovered that if we fly to Orlando 3 days earlier than we had planned, it is actually $50 per ticket cheaper. Multiply that by 6 and we're talking $300...yikes! Well, since I'll still be on maternity leave, DH doesn't work outside the home, and the kids are homeschooled, we have a lot of flexiblity. I wondered how much it would cost to stay at a value resort for 3 nights before the rest of our planned trip. (We can't just end it 3 days earlier since we end with a cruise...so adding on was the only option.)
We found that if we applied our $300 "savings" from airfare, for an additional $300 we could stay at the Art of Animation resort for those 3 nights and we decided to do it!!! (We booked 2 standard rooms instead of a family suite because we'd rather have "real" beds than fold outs/downs.) So yes, overall we are spending $300 more (plus more food expense--no ticket expense since we have APs) but what a deal for more Disney vacation time!

Now we have 10 Disney days before our week long cruise! What a way to end maternity leave! I will never want to go back to reality!

I'll edit the first couple of posts to indicate our change in plans. Of course this also meant that we needed to figure out which park we would spend this extra time at and it changed some of our later plans then too. I've spent a few more hours rearranging dining reservations accordingly.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 04-13-2013 at 04:22 PM.
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #34
blessedby3

Quote:
Alright, sorry I've been MIA so long! Just not much going on re: trip planning. But yesterday, something VERY exciting happened!

After watching airline prices for this trip for the past couple of months, we decided it doesn't look like the prices will drop as we had hoped. We decided to just book the flights.

I discovered that if we fly to Orlando 3 days earlier than we had planned, it is actually $50 per ticket cheaper. Multiply that by 6 and we're talking $300...yikes! Well, since I'll still be on maternity leave, DH doesn't work outside the home, and the kids are homeschooled, we have a lot of flexiblity. I wondered how much it would cost to stay at a value resort for 3 nights before the rest of our planned trip. (We can't just end it 3 days earlier since we end with a cruise...so adding on was the only option.)
We found that if we applied our $300 "savings" from airfare, for an additional $300 we could stay at the Art of Animation resort for those 3 nights and we decided to do it!!! (We booked 2 standard rooms instead of a family suite because we'd rather have "real" beds than fold outs/downs.) So yes, overall we are spending $300 more (plus more food expense--no ticket expense since we have APs) but what a deal for more Disney vacation time!

Now we have 10 Disney days before our week long cruise! What a way to end maternity leave! I will never want to go back to reality!

I'll edit the first couple of posts to indicate our change in plans. Of course this also meant that we needed to figure out which park we would spend this extra time at and it changed some of our later plans then too. I've spent a few more hours rearranging dining reservations accordingly.
More time at WDW=AWESOME! Thats my kind of addition
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA

Old 04-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #35
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Thanks for joining in!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #37
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Hello!!! Looks like a great start to your plans! Love your shirts!!!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #38
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
Hello!!! Looks like a great start to your plans! Love your shirts!!!
Thank you!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #39
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

I have only just found this and have at least one of your trippys to go back and read!

Congrats on baby number 5, to you, I get stressed just having 2!

Great plans and 10 days followed by a cruise sounds perfect. I love all your t-shirts, I want to make some for my little ones and nieces but I'm not sure what to put on them yet. I need to spend a bit of time on the Creative board I think.

Can't wait to read more.

P.S. I think I have commented before on another of your TR's, but your kids look so much alike, Zoe is a mini all 3 of the older ones! And the boys look so grown up in the most recent pics.

Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I have only just found this and have at least one of your trippys to go back and read!

Congrats on baby number 5, to you, I get stressed just having 2!

Great plans and 10 days followed by a cruise sounds perfect. I love all your t-shirts, I want to make some for my little ones and nieces but I'm not sure what to put on them yet. I need to spend a bit of time on the Creative board I think.

Can't wait to read more.

P.S. I think I have commented before on another of your TR's, but your kids look so much alike, Zoe is a mini all 3 of the older ones! And the boys look so grown up in the most recent pics.
Thanks for joining in again!

Oh, thank you! I love making t-shirts. I have pulled a couple of designs but haven't spent enough time on the Creative board yet either. Hopefully when I'm sitting around with a new baby I will do it! One month to go!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 05-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #41
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I haven't been back here to continue with plans for this trip. The only Disney planning I have done lately is for an extended family trip at Thanksgiving time.
We have booked a Grand Villa at Animal Kingdom's Jambo House. The villas look awesome! Besides the 7 of us (that just doesn't sound right yet!), my MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, and their 2 kids will be coming too! So a total of 13! This will be our 3rd Disney trip together (except we keep adding an infant or two along the way.)
Anyway, we got our room all set and recently MIL and SIL bought their Disney tickets. We already have APs so we're set. We do plan to add the dining plan to this trip simply because it is easier for our group to pay that way. It will actually cost us a bit more since we usually get our best deal with out TIW card, but that's okay. It will also probably "force" me to eat more food (drinks, desserts, snacks) than I normally would just so I get my money's worth!
I have to make dining reservations for this trip soon and that will be the hard part. I have already roughed out a plan for which park to visit on which days so the first step is done. I better look at the deadline again to see when I have to make ADRs. I know it is sometime this month!
I still can't decide where to eat Thanksgiving dinner. MIL even talked about cooking it in our villa. I'd hate to do that, since we'll be leaving the next day and I am sure we would waste a lot of food that way.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #42
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

No sooner do I announce that our trip for November has shaped up that we decide to change it! We're adding on extra days of course...a common occurance for us. It doesn't take much to convince us to do it. This time it was because we went to book our airfare for November and found out that it was almost $100 per ticket cheaper to fly out 2 days earlier. Thats almost $600 for our immediate family. That means we have to book a value resort for 2 nights before we move into the Grand Villa at AK! That will be quite a difference in accomodations! We're happy with both though! As you can see from previous trip reports we have quite a range of places we have stayed! Last time we camped in our motorhome at Fort Wilderness.
Anyway... I'm very excited we have extended another vacation! 7 nights at Thanksgiving time would have seemed quite rushed. This will be great!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #43
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

DH booked Art of Animation resort for the nights we added on to our November trip (because that's where his sister wanted to stay.)

Since we also have AoA booked for this trip, I think we are going to change it. We don't often stay anywhere besides DVC so it's a chance for the kids to see another resort (maybe a new one for us too.) We're deciding between AS Movies and Pop Century. We did stay at ASM once when our oldest was 5 mos. old and I know the kids would love it. But I also think they would like Pop and it would be new to us too. Any recommendations for me?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #44
blessedby3

Quote:
DH booked Art of Animation resort for the nights we added on to our November trip (because that's where his sister wanted to stay.)

Since we also have AoA booked for this trip, I think we are going to change it. We don't often stay anywhere besides DVC so it's a chance for the kids to see another resort (maybe a new one for us too.) We're deciding between AS Movies and Pop Century. We did stay at ASM once when our oldest was 5 mos. old and I know the kids would love it. But I also think they would like Pop and it would be new to us too. Any recommendations for me?
We havent stayed at the All Stars, but have stayed at POP 3 times. We love the atmosphere there. We have stayed in the 50's and the 70's buildings. I think we like the 70's best

Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #45
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
We havent stayed at the All Stars, but have stayed at POP 3 times. We love the atmosphere there. We have stayed in the 50's and the 70's buildings. I think we like the 70's best
How was the food court? (I've heard good!) How about the buses?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: