Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #136
lucyem
DIS Veteran

I just had to let you know that I just love your photos! I feel like I am looking at a brochure for the cruise!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #137
SrisonS
... and that's 'ess-ryzun-ess' (play on my name) ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyem View Post
I just had to let you know that I just love your photos! I feel like I am looking at a brochure for the cruise!
Thanks a lot!!!
SrisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #138
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I just found this report but it's amazing. You have a beautiful family...your daughter is a doll!...and your photos are incredible. You are making me miss my Fantasy cruise that I took last October.

Jill in CO
Old 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #139
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I just found this report but it's amazing. You have a beautiful family...your daughter is a doll!...and your photos are incredible. You are making me miss my Fantasy cruise that I took last October.

Jill in CO

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #140
SrisonS

Day 7: The Cherry On Top

IMG_1701 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

So our Royal Voyage is just about done. But no trip would be complete without a stop at Disney’s Castaway Cay. It’s the perfect way to “sort of” wind down from all of the hustle and bustle of the trip’s previous days. Located in the Bahamas, Disney’s island completely caters to EVERYONE!!! There are a couple of family beaches located next to each other. But there is also an adult beach (Serenity Bay) that is totally separate from those. Again, another reason why your Disney Cruise can be very much adult oriented.

IMG_1695 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1708 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

(clickable)
Pelican Plunge by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

We, of course, would make our way to one of the family beaches. Although we haven’t spent a whole lot of time with my in-laws this trip, we did make it a plan to spend our Castaway Cay day with them. One of our only concerns about Castaway Cay, was how our DD would react to being in the sand. During the couple of months leading up to the cruise, we had visited both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. And she didn’t want to have anything to do with the sand at either of those water parks. You would’ve thought we were trying to put her down on broken glass. Heck, it was difficult to even place her down on the foam surfaces that just LOOK like sand. But luckily for us, and everyone in the vicinity, she had no problems whatsoever. She played in the sand quite nicely; and didn’t hesitate walking into the VERY cold water that day. I’ll even admit that I’m pretty much a wimp when it comes to cold water. So when she was literally waste deep, I was still standing back and psyching myself up. If mommy wasn’t there, we’d still be standing in the sand.

IMG_1724 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

We didn’t stay on the beach a long time, because it was a little hotter than we expected. But I kind of wished we had ventured around a little more; because we (or maybe just I) didn’t realize there was a little splash zone area (“Spring-A-Leak”) for little kids. Oddly enough, while we were on the beach, my mother-in-law had bought our DD a shirt that depicted that splash area. And of course, I didn’t totally take note of what was on the shirt, until it was too late. But at least we’ll know for next time…. October 2014!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1736 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

So we attend the BBQ (really good food, btw), then head back to the ship. But feeling the need to grab a few pics; I opt out of the tram ride, and decide to just walk back on my own. I didn’t go too crazy though…. like “quickly” heading over to Serenity Bay (although I wanted to). I just stuck to one of the beaches, and the sidewalk that trailed back to the boat.

IMG_1763 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

(clickable)

Disney's Human Element - Chase the Oasis by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Docking at Castaway Cay makes for the best views of the back of the ship…..
IMG_1703 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1784 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr
Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #141
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Great update and more beautiful pics.

Weather wise, what a perfect day you had. That water looks so inviting

WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #142
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

What kind of camera are you using?

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #143
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Question was asked earlier in the thread

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=63
Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #144
SrisonS

Aquaduck (Know The Ledge) by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Now that we were back on the ship, it was time to do something that was a total must…. tackle the Aquaduck!!!!!!! My wife was more thrilled than I was about this; but I couldn’t NOT go on there. And I gotta admit, it was GREAT!!!! Sure, the water was a little too cold for my wussy self; but I still had fun. So we ended up going down twice together; then my wife went down once by herself. And as chance would have it, our tablemates happened to see us during the first ride, and were able to get some nice candid shots of us. I of course got some shots of them as well. So it was a nice final “adventure” for our trip; as the rest of the day would be pretty easy going.

IMG_1799 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1809 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Afterwards, I also had my final solo photo outing, while my wife and daughter went to rest-up. I was able to get a few shots of Castaway Cay from aboard the ship. And I also noticed that you could get some cool views from the steps that lead up to the Aquaduck loading area. You could really only see the pools and the Funnel Vision screen. But it was nice to get a different look at things. Just adjusting your vantage point can make a world of difference sometimes. (Quick photo tip: When taking pictures of people, keep the camera at their eye level. Try not to shoot up or down at them. Test on a little kid or with someone sitting. You’ll instantly see the improvement).

IMG_1806 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1835 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1862 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1884 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

A little while, we venture out to the “Sea Ya’ Real Soon” character meet and greet, in the Lobby Atrium. All of the main characters were there (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy….) as well as some of the princesses. So it was a great way to get those last minutes autographs and pictures. Even better that it wasn’t crowded at all. And at the end of the session, the characters do a little dance number on the stairs there. Can’t say this is a MUST SEE. But if you’re on the ship, and you have time, it’s nice to check out.

IMG_1893 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1905 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Something that we MUST do though, is to make our final selections for our Shutters photos. I put in my 2 cents for a couple of minutes, before my wife just took over. Not because I wasn’t a help or anything (because I thought I was); but because we had already made the decision on most of them during other days of the trip. We ended up getting the disk with a lot of pictures, but where we can select 10(?) to officially download. We still haven’t made our selection of pics (procrastination). So hopefully there isn’t some type of expiration date involved. And one thing that helped to keep our picture count low, was the fact that I was able to get some pretty decent shots with my camera. For the professional setups on the ship (with the pretty backdrops), you weren’t allowed to just hand your own personal camera to the photographers. So there was no “I think I got a good enough shot there”. But for some of the other situations, it was nice to have a few different photos to choice from; especially when 2 of you (you and the PhotoPass person) are shooting from different angles, or the little ones aren’t consistently stable from shot to shot.

IMG_1920 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

IMG_1915 by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

My Disney Pics on Flickr!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #145
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great shots, Scott.

I was surprised to read that you were also having Shutters photos done. And then I realised that you probably got into the Shutters pictures more than in front of your own camera.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #146
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great shots, Scott.

I was surprised to read that you were also having Shutters photos done. And then I realised that you probably got into the Shutters pictures more than in front of your own camera.
Actually, I could usually just hand my camera to the character's handler, so I could be in some shots. And not to knock them or anything, but I think I can handle my camera better than some of them. The main issue being that they usually don't zoom in or out (so I'd have to crop the picture more than i like). And they might not snap away and get the candid moments, which are really special in my book.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #147
lovefromkatie
Earning My Ears

I absolutely loved reading your trip report and your pictures are fantastic! Headed for the Fantasy in August, can't wait!
lovefromkatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #148
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefromkatie View Post
I absolutely loved reading your trip report and your pictures are fantastic! Headed for the Fantasy in August, can't wait!
Thanks a lot!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #149
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

i randomly clicked on your TR as we are going on an Eastern this summer and am amazed (as everyone already said, but i can't help myself) at your photos!! wow! and your family is adorable

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #150
SrisonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
i randomly clicked on your TR as we are going on an Eastern this summer and am amazed (as everyone already said, but i can't help myself) at your photos!! wow! and your family is adorable
Thanks!!! I really appreciate it!!!!

Tags
2012, disney fantasy cruise, eastern caribbean, pictures, san juan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: