Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

can someone clarify please

I am confused when it comes to booking room only and then switching to a package. I have read on here that you cancel one ressie to get the other. A CM told me on this last trip that i could add tix and ddp without cancelling anything?!?

If I book room only now for next February and then change it to a package when they are released I was told my room is guaranteed still. is this right?? would I then need to do another deposit at that time?!

thanks in advance. I wish you could just switch it over easily.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am confused when it comes to booking room only and then switching to a package. I have read on here that you cancel one ressie to get the other. A CM told me on this last trip that i could add tix and ddp without cancelling anything?!?

If I book room only now for next February and then change it to a package when they are released I was told my room is guaranteed still. is this right?? would I then need to do another deposit at that time?!

thanks in advance. I wish you could just switch it over easily.
You would need to cancel the room and rebook it as a package. Preferably, the CM would book the package with the same room type and THEN cancel the room only. Deposits/payments cannot be transferred between room only reservations and packages, so you would have to pay a new deposit and get a refund of the old deposit.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks. So how come they never mentioned cancelling it this year?? they just said they could add the tix and ddp for me??

I am wanting to book CR TPV for next february but am wondering if i should wait for discounts or book now with just room only?!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. So how come they never mentioned cancelling it this year?? they just said they could add the tix and ddp for me??

I am wanting to book CR TPV for next february but am wondering if i should wait for discounts or book now with just room only?!
The pp is correct that the room only reservation would have to cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new deposit of $200. Also as the pp said, since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money can't be transferred between them. With that said, unless something has changed this year with the reservation system, you will need to cancel and wait for a refund on the room only and rebook under a package. If you know you want a package, I would wait until the 2014 rates are released to book. Good luck .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
princessap
DIS Veteran

can i do the rebooking to package in one phone call andd do the new deposit while waiting for the refund?!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
The pp is correct that the room only reservation would have to cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new deposit of $200. Also as the pp said, since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money can't be transferred between them. With that said, unless something has changed this year with the reservation system, you will need to cancel and wait for a refund on the room only and rebook under a package. If you know you want a package, I would wait until the 2014 rates are released to book. Good luck .
We did room only this year and will probably do that again but my dh is considering ddp to have that all paid for upfront so we would add only one day tickets to the package and get other tickets from air miles.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
can i do the rebooking to package in one phone call andd do the new deposit while waiting for the refund?!
Absolutely, but ask them to book the package first then cancel the room just in case rooms are limited. You wouldn't want to lose out on your desired room type if you cancel the room first.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Absolutely, but ask them to book the package first then cancel the room just in case rooms are limited. You wouldn't want to lose out on your desired room type if you cancel the room first.
Thanks! I love your pic by the way!! ariel is our middle dd's fave!!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I love your pic by the way!! ariel is our middle dd's fave!!
You're welcome, and thanks!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome, and thanks!
I love that your husband dresses up for disney!!

I think you offer great knowledgeable advice on here so thanks. Have you ever stayed at the CR?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #11
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love that your husband dresses up for disney!!

I think you offer great knowledgeable advice on here so thanks. Have you ever stayed at the CR?
Thanks so much for the kind words. DH is a real trooper when it comes to MNSSHP. The only time I have ever stayed at CR was when I was 5, so I don't really remember it much.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #12
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the kind words. DH is a real trooper when it comes to MNSSHP. The only time I have ever stayed at CR was when I was 5, so I don't really remember it much.
Thanks! I assume you stay onsite but maybe I shouldnt have assumed that. lol.

It is because of these boards that I have found out tons of stuff and its bc of people like you. Do you have any trips planned? I cant wait to go back!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I assume you stay onsite but maybe I shouldnt have assumed that. lol.

It is because of these boards that I have found out tons of stuff and its bc of people like you. Do you have any trips planned? I cant wait to go back!
We always stay at POP, and we will be there Oct. 18-26. Brainstorming for our MNSSHP costumes at the moment. We are thinking we'll do Wreck-It Ralph characters, but not 100% committed to that yet.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #14
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We always stay at POP, and we will be there Oct. 18-26. Brainstorming for our MNSSHP costumes at the moment. We are thinking we'll do Wreck-It Ralph characters, but not 100% committed to that yet.
Thats awesome! I want to try mnsshp one year but not sure I could convince dh to dress up
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did room only this year and will probably do that again but my dh is considering ddp to have that all paid for upfront so we would add only one day tickets to the package and get other tickets from air miles.
We love the DDP (both the regular and deluxe plans). I'm trying to make the decision of room only or package with DDP for our December trip. I love how everything is paid for ahead of time with a package and how easy it is to have meal credits come off your KTTW card rather than having to pay cash, use a cc, or charge to the room and have a bill to pay at check out. One suggestion for having everything prepaid without doing the DDP is to buy gift cards for your meals. Everything is still paid for ahead of time, but with no cc bills to come home to .

Quote:
I agree . Make sure one reservation isn't cancelled before the other one is booked as a room can be lost pretty quickly.

Quote:
I want to try mnsshp one year but not sure I could convince dh to dress up
I would definitely recommend MNSSHP if you take a fall trip . We have gone 3 times and it's a lot of fun. DH and I have never dressed up, but it was still fun being in MK trick or treating.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: