Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #31
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
"Now if you've never been to a Waffle House, just imagine a gas station restroom that serves waffles." Jim Gaffigan

I actually like Waffle House and so do my ILs. I am from CA and my BFF from CA was dying to go to one when she visited us in GA. I took her to the "original" one in Decatur (the original one is a museum but this one is down the street from the original) the first time she visited. Th next time I took her to one closer to our new house in the 'burbs. She was actually disappointed how clean everything was...not ghetto enough

I really like their raisin toast with apple butter though.

Thanks for the reviews! I am following along!
OMG !!! That Jim Gaffigan saying is sooo funny and so true !! Hahahaha. That just made my day !!

I am sure the only reason why they have stayed open is the fact that their food is good.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #32
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickeys

I made this dinner reservation early because I knew we would be tired after our travel day. Our ADR was for 5:30 PM and we arrived a bit early

We were given a pager and were buzzed right away. We got our picture taken and then we were seated. Later on in the trip I remember seeing a long line for the family photo, so I am going to say that it pays to get an early ADR for this one.

The kids were really excited to finally be eating at the monorail restaurant

and DD loves her some characters. It was DHs birthday a week or so prior to this trip, so they gave him a birthday button which he wore on this night.

It was Easter Sunday so there were several Easter Eggs around. I think they were made of chocolate, but I am not sure.

Anyhoodle, we were seated and we got an allergy warning on our ticket

DD is allergic to nuts, so the chef came out and he took DD and DH up to the buffet. She showed the chef what she wanted to eat and he said all of those things would be fine for her.

Pluto came out right away

And then Minnie

It looked like we were clear on characters for a while so we went up to get some food. Here is my first plate.

Starting at the broccoli going clock-wise  Broccoli (good), potatoes (yum), a roll and some butter (these rolls were sooo good), salmon (very good), and a salad (good).

DDs plate

Chicken fingers, pizza and macaroni. Yeah, I know. Some healthy stuff there. She liked the chicken and macaroni, but said the pizza was yucky.

Then the main mouse came by

DH was brought out a birthday cupcake

This is DHs plate

He said he liked it all. You can see chicken and cornbread on DSs plate in the background.

Then Donald Duck came out.

This was my second plate

Prime rib (good), Ham (this had some kind of cranberry glaze that made it really yummy), another yummy roll and some more yummy potatoes. I thought I had more of the salmon, but I guess not.

DD got some ice cream for dessert.

It was a weird color and consistency. I assume it was more ice milk than ice cream and DD said it was just OK.

Heres my dessert plate

Cheescake, rice krispie treat, key lime tart and a oreo bon-bon. I loved all of these and here is a close-up of the cheesecake

they had a little Easter theme going on that I thought was cute.

And then Goofy came out to round out the Fab Five

I am usually not a buffet fan, but I really liked this restaurant. No one else complained and DD says she wants to go back. The food was good, not great but good. We left stuffed and satisfied. A good experience !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Enjoying your dining reviews. Wolfgang Puck Express is the best!
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
Leslieann1024
Mouseketeer

I'm in ! Enjoying the ride so far, I love your trippies !

There are lots of Waffle Houses here in Texas, and the one closest to my home is actually very clean (it's only 3 years old or so, maybe it takes time to get that "polish" on them) !

Is it a bad thing when the staff knows what I order lol ? "Triple scrambled light, waaay light, hold the grits, wheat toast and waffle light, waaay light !"

If I can't sleep (which is often) I end up there in the middle of the night, and boy is that prime time to see some characters !
Leslieann1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #36
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieann1024 View Post
I'm in ! Enjoying the ride so far, I love your trippies !

There are lots of Waffle Houses here in Texas, and the one closest to my home is actually very clean (it's only 3 years old or so, maybe it takes time to get that "polish" on them) !

Is it a bad thing when the staff knows what I order lol ? "Triple scrambled light, waaay light, hold the grits, wheat toast and waffle light, waaay light !"

If I can't sleep (which is often) I end up there in the middle of the night, and boy is that prime time to see some characters !
Hey !! So glad you stopped by !!

That is funny that they know what you order. I went there plenty during college so I know what you mean about characters. And not the Mickey Mouse kind of characters !!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #37
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

SOOOO happy y'all like Chef Mickey!! We love it too. We'll have to make a point of going together.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #38
thejman
Mouseketeer

Loved your review of Chef Mickey's. We will be going there very soon. My 3 kids are also allergic to nuts. We're there any other desserts your daughter could have besides the ice cream?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #39
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reviews! We were there the week before you. Leaving on the 31st. Sometimes the crowds were so bad especially MK we couldnt keep swimming. It was all we could do to tread water. Lol. Looking forward to the rest of your report!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
SOOOO happy y'all like Chef Mickey!! We love it too. We'll have to make a point of going together.
Sounds like a great plan. We can try breakfast. YAY !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejman View Post
Loved your review of Chef Mickey's. We will be going there very soon. My 3 kids are also allergic to nuts. We're there any other desserts your daughter could have besides the ice cream?
All of the things on my plate didn't have nuts, but I m not sure about cross contamination. The rice krispie treats were safe. I would have to say ask the chef when you go. This is always a concern for us as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Thanks for your reviews! We were there the week before you. Leaving on the 31st. Sometimes the crowds were so bad especially MK we couldnt keep swimming. It was all we could do to tread water. Lol. Looking forward to the rest of your report!!
Yeah, I heard that about the week before. I don't think our week was as bad. There were a few times we had to stop and wait for an opening, but I think you guys had it worse for sure.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #41
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to let all my fellow Waffle House lovers know that I thought of you while eating my hashbrowns for dinner tonight. As usual, the restaurant was grungy and the other customers one step above homeless, but it was delicious!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #42
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I just wanted to let all my fellow Waffle House lovers know that I thought of you while eating my hashbrowns for dinner tonight. As usual, the restaurant was grungy and the other customers one step above homeless, but it was delicious!
LOL .... they do have good food. But dang .... someone get some bleach out every now and again ......
Old 04-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

So glad to see a good Chef Mickey review. Love the cute Easter cupcake!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside

Up next: Wilderness Lodge

Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #44
maslex
DIS Veteran

I'm on board, can't wait to hear more.
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #45
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your reviews, looking forward to more!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: