Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Oh, good for you. I wish I could have done something like that when I was younger.

Disney property is pretty safe; I wouldn't worry about coming home to the resort.

Photos won't be a problem either. I'm sure plenty of people will be happy to help take a pick.

With the photopass pics, I'd say just have fun with it and get a little goofy to loosen up a bit; point to the background, or put your arms out, or hold a prop or put on a hat or something. You're not going to overcome shyness in 1 trip, but just remember-- you're at Disney. Most people who love Disney or work at Disney like to see people getting silly or getting into it. It's not like doing it in like the middle of some midwestern city.

As for the bag, force yourself to pack light for the parks. You have a hotel room-- what can wait till you get back? I would say just limit your load to stuff that's going to really help you be comfortable in the parks (room stuff, phone, sunscreen & shades, etc.).

The credit card may be an issue- I have not been in your situation but I've worked credit card customer service and no note or promises or shared name is enough to legally allow you to use someone else's card. I really doubt Disney is going to do that for you.

You really should consider getting your own card just for the trip. You can always cut it up when you come home. Or get a debit card with a visa/mastercard logo.
MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #17
katt789
DIS Veteran

Safety wise, you're totally fine! Request a room close to transport and just keep the room locked when you're in there! I stayed at Sports for a solo trip over July and it was great. I understand the safety concerns, I've done 4 (coming up on 5th) solo trips and I'm a 23 year old female, it can be a concern, just keep your smarts up and you'll be great!

I would call and ask about the credit card, Im not sure what the policy would be!

For the bag, there are lockers, you pay something like $12 for the whole day and get a $5 deposit back when you bring the key back. Problem here is if you do need anythig you have to trek back to the front of the park! I use a small bag and keep my wallet, camera, cell phone, autograph book and some sunscreen in there and that should be really all you need!

Character meals can be difficult, I did a princess one in DLR and had to use the front camera on my phone. I would suggest asking the table beside you if they'd be okay with taking pictures, or taking "selfies" of yourself and the character with a camera could work too! There is usually one or two handlers at meals with fur characters, so they could also help. Talk to your server when you sit down and they should be able to help.

I'm pretty sure we'll also be there at the same time!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Hey I am going in October solo and I am nervous as well. But I am 25 and going to run TOT race. I have been to Pop and even when my husband and I returned very late I was never scared everything was well lit and felt secure. About the credit card your mom can write you on as an authortized user and they will send you a card with your name but its under her account and will have the same number. I would recommend you getting a sling over backpack or a crossover bag. Dont try a nd bring evrrything just incase you lose it or it ends up being a hassle. I am bring my id and charging everything to my room then you can play in cash before you leave or use a credit card that why you don't have to bring a lot of cash on you. I also would bring my camera, pins for trading, cell phone, lip gloss, pen and autograph book for signing.
About the character meals I am sure you will find someone to help take a pic.

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: