|04-13-2013, 07:10 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2007
CR MK view v. Poly GV CL
For my graduation from law school, my parents are letting my sister and I (both mid-20's) go to WDW. It's been 12 years since the last time we went (parents aren't huge Disney fans + lived on West Coast) and probably the last time each of us will go until we are married and have kids (should that blessed day ever come lol) so we want to make it special. The two previous times we went to WDW we stayed at YC CL, despite this, my sister and I have always been big monorail fans (demanding we ride it even though it served no functional purpose) so we narrowed it down to the Poly or the CR (GF was our least favorite looking of the three), specifically GV CL at the Poly or a regular MK view room at the CR. CR is slightly cheaper by about $400 total. Right now we are kind of leaning towards the CR, but its kind of up in the air. Below is our pro-con list.
CR MK View
1. We like the looks of the room better
2. We are going in summer so the fact that everything is in one building and we don't have to trudge through whatever nasty weather may occur to get back to our room is a plus. Plus the monorail goes right through the building
3. The view is great (the parking lot doesn't bother us)
4. We both like the whole FUTURE IS NOW! theme
5. In general, food at resort is better or more our taste.
1. No CL, trying to decide if we need that. We did it before, and usually don't eat much more than a continental breakfast, but we probably wouldn't use much of the CL services beyond the food and drink, which probably isn't worth the cost for us.
2. We risk getting a lower floor room and being barraged with noise from Chef Mickeys.
3. Pool seems less fun (although we aren't huge pool people when at WDW)
4. More difficult access to EPCOT, although how hard is that transfer to make?
Poly GV CL
1. CL perks (although see above, would probably mostly be used for food and drink). But CL is also nostalgic since we have good memories of prepping for the day or recapping our adventures in the lounge as a family.
2. Easier access to EPCOT
3. The theme seems a little bit more fun than CR (although I fear it becoming oppressive).
4. Recently rehabbed rooms
1. View less exciting, although we figure we can go look at stuff in the lounge when we need to.
2. Not a huge fan of the separate longhouses, esp. in the unpredictable but always hot and muggy FL summer weather.
3. Like room slightly less than CR (even the rehabbed ones).
4. No ability to walk to the MK if we want to.
5. Slightly more expensive. Although, the food in the CL will bridge the gap a little.
I know this question has been asked many times on here, but I figured I'd do it again and see what people think given our personal preferences.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|