Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #136
Funkygreta
Earning My Ears

Okay so I just gave this a shot. Booked AKL for 200 cheaper with 2 adults and 2 kids. Booked only with 2 adults online with orbitz. Called orbitz 2 hours after booking and the lovely rep contacted disney (while i was on hold) for my 12 digit ressie number and added my kids. It was very easy. I was on the phone for 30 minutes...26 on hold. I also emailed before calling but decided to call. However they pulled my 12 digit ressie and added kids as well via email and within 3 hours. The kids have not shown on my profile for Disney yet but I know they have to fax that in so I expect it to take some.
Funkygreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #137
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Try Spring15. That one should still be valid.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #138
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
Did they tell you when to call back to add the celebrations? I am assuming that it would be around the same time you could call to add kids. Must have something to do with the computer and status of the ressie.
Hi, they did tell me to call back later. But I haven't done it yet...

I was able to do online check-in no problem and change my address from the Orbitz address to my own address and change the names of my party. I also ended up calling Magical Express and setting that up with the 12 digit Disney reservaiton number and that was easy too. I booked 2 adults, 3 kids via Orbitz. Since I'm staying at a suite, they don't charge extra for the kids. Suites allow up to 6 adults. However, it should be pretty easy to add on the kids later on. I think that once you can mess with it on My Disney Experience, you should be able to add the kids.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #139
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

I just called Disney directly....after changing my address/phone # thru the online check in screens....and added the 3 kids to my ressie. He said for future issues to please contact orbitz but had no problem adding the kids for me. I didn't mention orbitz, so it shows in their system. I just went back into my ressie on MDE and it has all 5 of us now.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #140
momw/2princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I just called Disney directly....after changing my address/phone # thru the online check in screens....and added the 3 kids to my ressie. He said for future issues to please contact orbitz but had no problem adding the kids for me. I didn't mention orbitz, so it shows in their system. I just went back into my ressie on MDE and it has all 5 of us now.
Were you able to see the kids later the same day? I called Disney this morning, but the guy said I had to call Orbitz - wouldn't change a thing. I chatted with Orbitz online this afternoon and the guy called to add my kids, then said he also had to send over a fax. He said in our chat that the updated reservation could only be seen or viewed manually in the hotel's system upon check in. Thought that was odd. I'll wait until the morning and check MDE again. If it's not there, I may just call Disney to double check. I'm sure this will all work out, but I need reassurance!!

Thanks!

13 10
momw/2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #141
disneymagicgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by momw/2princesses View Post
Were you able to see the kids later the same day? I called Disney this morning, but the guy said I had to call Orbitz - wouldn't change a thing. I chatted with Orbitz online this afternoon and the guy called to add my kids, then said he also had to send over a fax. He said in our chat that the updated reservation could only be seen or viewed manually in the hotel's system upon check in. Thought that was odd. I'll wait until the morning and check MDE again. If it's not there, I may just call Disney to double check. I'm sure this will all work out, but I need reassurance!!

Thanks!
I logged out of MDE right after I got off the phone with WDW and logged right back in and it had updated to include the kids. Just call back until you get a nice cM who can verify your kids are on there. Don't mention it is an orbits ressie.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #142
scratchboat
Earning My Ears

Orbitz SPRING15 code does save money!

Like others, I was actually able to save close to 15% using Orbitz on top of Disney's "Spring Room Only Offer" discount. Since I'm staying in an All-Star Resort the savings aren't the hundreds of dollars others have mentioned, but it's still a enough to pay for a nice dinner on our vacation

Although Orbitz asks the ages of all hotel guests when you initiate your search for hotel rooms, they seem to pass the count over to Disney as all "adults" - so if you have more than 2 people in your room, and some of them are children you need to work around this quirk.

In my case I chose to only list the actual count of adults on my reservation, and then CALL Orbitz customer service to learn my 12-digit Disney Reservation Number and add my children (with names & ages) to my reservation. It all worked and I can now see my children on the reservation when I linked it with Disney's "My Disney Experience" vacation planning site.

Orbitz DOES have to FAX the changes over to Disney, and Orbitz asks that you stay on the phone during the process - so pick a time when you have 20 - 30 minutes to make the call.
scratchboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #143
czmom
DIS Veteran

I just returned from my wonderful trip to POR booked through orbitz. I did not have one problem. Everything from ME to checkin to room assignment went perfectly. Loved saving money!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #144
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
I just returned from my wonderful trip to POR booked through orbitz. I did not have one problem. Everything from ME to checkin to room assignment went perfectly. Loved saving money!!
I had a split stay 4/3-5 and 4/5-8 and I too had no problems and loved saving money
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #145
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Here right now and had no issues either. Yay for saving money. I would do it again if given the chance. Great experience. Great room too.
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #146
disneymagicgirl

Did anyone try making changes thru orbitz? I am considering adding an extra night. Not sure if that's possible. Also, DD's school district just changed their schedule and now they get out 2 days earlier. That caused exams to be pushed up 2 days which is during our trip. I am considering changing the dates to leave the last day of school but I don't want to lose the discount.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #147
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'm considering adding a friend to my room on the Orbitz reservation but won't know until the last minute. I could always add her at check-in but if she gets there before me it might not work for her.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #148
sls404
Mouseketeer

Has anyone tried to call and make a room request? I just did and gave the CM the "confirmation number" that shows on my reservation on the Disney site. He wasn't able to find it with that and tried searching for my address and then asked if I booked through a travel agent. After I told him it was through Orbitz he said he was not able to edit reservations booked through agents/sites.

I wonder if I called back with the actual 12 digit reservation number they would be able to add my request? I completely forgot I had gotten it from Orbitz right after I booked.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: