Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #16
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Glad I'm not alone.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
. Over the next 3 weeks, I will pack anything that I won't need/wear before we cruise. Anything that is for "cruise only" will go in immediately. The reason that I do this is because it's a lot less stressful, and I get little bursts of excitement every few days. Also, if i realize that my suitcase is too full or too big, I can change/buy bags before the last minute. Now, my wife is different. I LOVE her to death, BUT she will wait until she is forced to pack. We leave on a Friday, she will be finished packing on .......Friday. I will make sure that I, and our son are ready to go no later than Wednesday. I will also try to encourage her to not wait, but I'm not to optimistic. So, are you more like me or my DW? When do you start packing?

I have everything ready to pack weeks ahead. I use space saver bags, so I just throw them in...about a week out. Sadly, my DH is like your DW. It drives me crazy, which is probably, why he does it. He actually forgot to pack his pants...any pants for a business trip.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
I would like to know the average time that people start packing. We're at T-minus 22 days and I started packing weeks ago. Let me clarify. When we got our cruise documents, they went in my carry on along with other important paperwork (DCL online form, hotel reservation, passports, dog immunization records for boarding, etc...). Basically, I pack something when I think about it, so that I won't be trying to remember everything that I need the morning that we leave. Over the next 3 weeks, I will pack anything that I won't need/wear before we cruise. Anything that is for "cruise only" will go in immediately. The reason that I do this is because it's a lot less stressful, and I get little bursts of excitement every few days. Also, if i realize that my suitcase is too full or too big, I can change/buy bags before the last minute. Now, my wife is different. I LOVE her to death, BUT she will wait until she is forced to pack. We leave on a Friday, she will be finished packing on .......Friday. I will make sure that I, and our son are ready to go no later than Wednesday. I will also try to encourage her to not wait, but I'm not to optimistic. So, are you more like me or my DW? When do you start packing?

LOL!!!! I thought for sure you were the wife when I was reading this... My HDTV wouldn't know to pack if his life depended on it. I am the same as you. I love to pack those initial things to save time and get excited about the trip. It makes it more real for me. I also am a great lover of lists!!!!! It depends on what season, etc. we are sailing in Nov, so summer clothes won't be worn here daily. That allows me to pack them early. I may not actually put them in a bag, but I will make piles in the corner of the room. Wat can I say, packing makes me happy. PS: I also have to unpack as soon as we are on board or in a hotel....
Old 04-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #19
robyn654
Mouseketeer

I am crazy but....

I start packing about 6 months ahead. I put my suite case out in my room and add things as I think of them and mark them off the list I made the day I book just to be sure I bring everything !

[/url]
robyn654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #20
Sarahlawrence
Earning My Ears

We are 22 days out and I started today! My kids want to wear all their brand new outfits since it is mildly warm. Nope. I'm packing it up! It will get trashed I am sure on vacation, but it will start out nice
Sarahlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #21
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post

LOL!!!! I thought for sure you were the wife when I was reading this... My HDTV wouldn't know to pack if his life depended on it. I am the same as you. I love to pack those initial things to save time and get excited about the trip. It makes it more real for me. I also am a great lover of lists!!!!! It depends on what season, etc. we are sailing in Nov, so summer clothes won't be worn here daily. That allows me to pack them early. I may not actually put them in a bag, but I will make piles in the corner of the room. Wat can I say, packing makes me happy. PS: I also have to unpack as soon as we are on board or in a hotel....
Of course by HDTV, I meant DH.... Darn that autocorrect...LOL
Old 04-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #22
EPCOTatNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post

Of course by HDTV, I meant DH.... Darn that autocorrect...LOL
Some people are married to their HDTV.

(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

I dream of packing early. I put my open suitcase on a spare bed and throw a few things in. Usually it ends up being last minute. The latest I have been was staying up all night to pack and leave at 4 am for a 6 am flight. My DH waited in the warm car with the motor running as I scurried around trying to finish! Going to try and Not repeat that scenario again...a little too stressful!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #24
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

When do you start packing?

The day after we return from our previous Disney cruise.

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #25
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post
If I am lucky I start packing 2 or 3 days before the cruise. Most of the time I am up the night before our flight packing and trying to figure out what we have forgotten. Of course it might be easier because there are just two of us and we are both boys.
This is me. I pack the night before. And if u forget something--so what? It's a Disney cruise-who cares!?!?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
Pages
Earning My Ears

3 months out and I am making my list and travel binder! Packing and planning is half the fun!
Pages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #27
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

I am a night before to day of packer, I don't have the time or desire to pack weeks or even days before a trip. I have bins filled with toiletries and other incidentals and I relplace them when I return from a trips so I always have what I need. The only thing I did last year when i put my summer clothes away for the winter is I put the clothes that I knew I would want to take on this summers med cruise in a separate bin. If I need anything cleaned or pressed well the dry cleaning service on the ship is cheaper than here at home and will take care of it on the ship
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #28
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

I'll start putting things aside up to two weeks ahead of our departure date. Any article of clothing that I know I want packed and will not need for any other occasion. Documents, toiletries, medications, sun screen, etc. My wife is a last minute packer, hurrying to get laundry done sometimes the day before.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #29
EPCOTatNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I am a night before to day of packer, I don't have the time or desire to pack weeks or even days before a trip. I have bins filled with toiletries and other incidentals and I relplace them when I return from a trips so I always have what I need. The only thing I did last year when i put my summer clothes away for the winter is I put the clothes that I knew I would want to take on this summers med cruise in a separate bin. If I need anything cleaned or pressed well the dry cleaning service on the ship is cheaper than here at home and will take care of it on the ship
That's what I don't care to do. Maybe, it's because I'm a man, but I can't imagine putting one seasons clothes away. All my clothes stay together. I also live in New Orleans where I can and do wear shorts during the Winter months, so I guess there is no such thing as Summer and Winter clothes.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #30
ratt1345
Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

Since we live only 2.5 hours away from Port Canaveral, we pack 2 days or the day before the cruise. For the Alaska cruise 2 years ago, we packed around 3 days before we had to fly out.
ratt1345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: