Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #241
KashasMom
DIS Veteran

Ohhh no.
1972 Home Lines Homeric (Bahamas), 1977 Cunard Princess (Bermuda), 1986 Carnival Holiday (Eastern Caribbean), 1987 Carnival Jubilee (Eastern Caribbean), 1988 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Oceanic (Bahamas), 1991 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Atlantic (Bahamas), 1991 Costa Riviera (Western Caribbean), 1993 Carnival Fantasy (Southern Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Western Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Grandeur of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Disney Magic Inaugural Celebration (Bahamas), 2000 Carnival Destiny (Canada), 2001 Celebrity Infinity (Alaska - Inside Passage), 2003 Royal Princess (South America), 2008 RCI Serenade of the Seas (repo -SF to Vancouver via Alaska - Inside Passage), 2010 Caribbean Princess (Southern Caribbean), 2010 Caribbean Princess (b-b Southern Caribbean), 2012 Disney Magic (NY-Bahamas), 2012 Brand-New Carnival Breeze (Eastern Carib), 2012 NCL Epic (Eastern Carib), 2013 Brand-Spanking-New NCL Breakaway *Family Reunion Cruise* (Bermuda), 2013 Disney Fantasy (Western Caribbean)

------

Upcoming Cruise: Disney Fantasy - February 2015
Upcoming Cruise: Disney Magic - Norwegian Fjords and Iceland - June 2015
KashasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #242
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
I just got 4 packs of Avery injet magnet paper from Amazon today! Now to decide which designs to fill them with!! Millie did some for me already, but I may need more. We will see!
I used Avery printable magnet sheets from Amazon (looks like model# is 3270) on my package, and these did not stick well at all on my door on the Magic. It was so disappointing to have made 9 sheets worth of magnets and find that they wouldn't stay on the door.

I'd specifically read reports on these boards that they did work on the Magic, but my door appeared to have been painted on the outside and was textured and had several paint layers and the magnets didn't stick well at all. They did stick OK on the inside of the door which was smoother. They also stick just fine to my frig.

This doesn't help labdogs42, but based on what I saw that worked well on doors, and also on reports I read that the Wonder had re-painted doors and these didn't stick there, I'll be printing on photo paper and cutting out & applying stronger magnet strips that peel and stick for my future cruises on the Wonder.

Oddly enough, after having the magnets on the inside of the door for a few days, I was eventually able to move some of them to the outside where they stayed for a while before started to peel back and slide off. Can't explain why that was - perhaps there's some scientific explanation! I had them up on my frig for a few weeks, and then stored them flat stacked flat for about 2 weeks before the cruise before finding that they didn't stick on cabin 7620 door on the Magic in early March.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #243
Davetut019
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mad mum View Post
I have this in black, does Millie have it in her photo bucket account,
I found it in Millie's photo bucket... Don't know how I missed it the first time.

Thanks.

Davetut019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #244
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
I used Avery printable magnet sheets from Amazon (looks like model# is 3270) on my package, and these did not stick well at all on my door on the Magic. It was so disappointing to have made 9 sheets worth of magnets and find that they wouldn't stay on the door.

I'd specifically read reports on these boards that they did work on the Magic, but my door appeared to have been painted on the outside and was textured and had several paint layers and the magnets didn't stick well at all. They did stick OK on the inside of the door which was smoother. They also stick just fine to my frig.

This doesn't help labdogs42, but based on what I saw that worked well on doors, and also on reports I read that the Wonder had re-painted doors and these didn't stick there, I'll be printing on photo paper and cutting out & applying stronger magnet strips that peel and stick for my future cruises on the Wonder.

Oddly enough, after having the magnets on the inside of the door for a few days, I was eventually able to move some of them to the outside where they stayed for a while before started to peel back and slide off. Can't explain why that was - perhaps there's some scientific explanation! I had them up on my frig for a few weeks, and then stored them flat stacked flat for about 2 weeks before the cruise before finding that they didn't stick on cabin 7620 door on the Magic in early March.
We are on the Dream. I wonder if the doors have a thinner coat of paint? Maybe I will bring a roll of extra magnets in case my magnet sheets don't work. Thanks for the head's up!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #245
Lady Boadicea
The Princess Of Quite Alot

I had terrible luck with the Avery Magnets on the Wonder. Fortunately I had only bought one package and used them only for the ear magnets that went over the stateroom number. They stuck fine for about 2 days but then started falling off. I finally had to remove them as every time we would return to the room they would be on the ground. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I will take a magnet roll for repairs
Lady Boadicea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #246
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.

Hi everyone, can someone please tell me the password for Millie's photo bucket page? My iPad app for DIS does not let me view signatures as part of the display! That's!
Cruises: 2006 - 4 nt. Wonder...2007 Eastern Caribbean Magic...2008/9 New Years Western Caribbean ... April 2010 14 nt. Eastbound TransAtlantic Magic... August 2011...B2B Disney Dream.... June 2012 Fantastic Fantasy Voyage...and then hopping back to NY for a New England MAGICal adventure.... June 2013 The Wonders of Alaska!

Park Hopping: June 2014 TOKYO DISNEY HERE WE COME!... 2014 4 Days WDW and MY FIRST PRINCESS 5K!!... 2013 10 days WDW ....2011 Pre-cruise WDW...2011 Disneyland... 2010 WDW All Star Music ..:2009 WDW Pop Century...2006 WDW Pop Century ...2005-Disney Land(w/out DS)...1997-WDW
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #247
munchkin322
Earning My Ears

DISfriends is the password
June 2013 ~ DISNEY FANTASY ~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean

~ DISNEY DREAM ~ 3-night Bahamas Cruise
munchkin322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #248
munchkin322
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post

I used Avery printable magnet sheets from Amazon (looks like model# is 3270) on my package, and these did not stick well at all on my door on the Magic. It was so disappointing to have made 9 sheets worth of magnets and find that they wouldn't stay on the door. .
Hmmmm....I went in 2011 and my magnets were fine and i also used Avery magnet sheets (matte and came in a pack of 3). Did you put something over it?? When I printed mine out, I put laminate sheet on top before I cut them out. I am going to use the same magnets (well most of them) and also printing new ones for my June Fantasy cruise and hope it stays on the door! But I'll also have magnetic strips handy just in case....does anyone know if we can bring a pair of scissor on board???
June 2013 ~ DISNEY FANTASY ~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean

~ DISNEY DREAM ~ 3-night Bahamas Cruise
munchkin322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #249
Lady Boadicea
The Princess Of Quite Alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin322 View Post
Hmmmm....I went in 2011 and my magnets were fine and i also used Avery magnet sheets (matte and came in a pack of 3). Did you put something over it?? When I printed mine out, I put laminate sheet on top before I cut them out. I am going to use the same magnets (well most of them) and also printing new ones for my June Fantasy cruise and hope it stays on the door! But I'll also have magnetic strips handy just in case....does anyone know if we can bring a pair of scissor on board???
I took scissors on the Wonder. It was a small pair of child type scissors and they did not take them away. I am trying to remember but I think they were in my carry on with my magnets.
Lady Boadicea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #250
Florida Mel
Ready to sail on Disney Magic with Mickey

Talking Magnet request

Can we have a sign with:

Donovan and Whiteley family road trip from Disney's Vero Beach to Walt Disney World

any images or design good with us

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Florida Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #251
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Mel View Post
Can we have a sign with:

Donovan and Whiteley family road trip from Disney's Vero Beach to Walt Disney World

any images or design good with us
You will probably get a faster response for this request if you post it over on the Creative Disigns board.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #252
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Boadicea View Post
I had terrible luck with the Avery Magnets on the Wonder. Fortunately I had only bought one package and used them only for the ear magnets that went over the stateroom number. They stuck fine for about 2 days but then started falling off. I finally had to remove them as every time we would return to the room they would be on the ground. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I will take a magnet roll for repairs
On Feb on the wonder, we had some magnets back from our first cruise (Dream) plus a couple of new ones. Most of the original ones I got at a craft store (can't find the brand now), and then picked up Avery Matte at WalMart. It was last minute and didn't notice they were Matte. And then last minute before the last trip I thought I was out of paper and bought another set (which of course later found).

Anyway, on the Dream they worked great. But on the Wonder, I did notice they barely held. You touched them a bit and they easily moved. Basically too many coats of paint.

We'll have to see what happens when they do the dry dock on the Magic. But I doubt they'll remove the old paint, so looking forward not sure what we'll have to do for this.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #253
NickAndAnt
Earning My Ears

We don't sail on our first cruise ever till May 19th and I've already made about 6 magnets. Here's my favorite so far. I scanned the port hole graphic from the front of the DCL brochure and then inset a photo of a stateroom, and inserted the Disney characters. My goal was for when its stuck to the cabin door it looks like a window in the door revealing the Disney characters inside the room. The actual magnet printed out is 8 by 8 inches.

When I finish the others, I'll post them here too. So excited!
NickAndAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #254
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAndAnt View Post
We don't sail on our first cruise ever till May 19th and I've already made about 6 magnets. Here's my favorite so far. I scanned the port hole graphic from the front of the DCL brochure and then inset a photo of a stateroom, and inserted the Disney characters. My goal was for when its stuck to the cabin door it looks like a window in the door revealing the Disney characters inside the room. The actual magnet printed out is 8 by 8 inches.

When I finish the others, I'll post them here too. So excited!
Luv it!!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #255
NickAndAnt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
Luv it!!
Thanks!
NickAndAnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: