Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #241
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl29 View Post
We're taking the Med cruise in August 2013. We were going to just swallow hard and pay for the DCL excursions, but your excellent report has given me the courage to go DIY. I'm combing through all the trip reports and info I can. Thanks!
JoAnn
I'm glad I could help, JoAnn! We are mostly going it on our own again in June this year!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #242
nifferearly
Mouseketeer

texasgirl29 - It's a lot more work but I encourage you to either do private shore excursions or plan things on your own. We went in Aug 2011 and did 1 day on our own, 2 days with Romeinlimo and 1 excursion through Disney. Disney's was fine but it was by far the least favorite day for us. I highly recommend romeinlimo. For our family of 4, it was about $100 more in total than doing a Disney excursion and both days were amazing! Cruisecritic.com also has a lot of good planning info on their message boards under "Ports of Call".
nifferearly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #243
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

I've just been reading this a second time as we head off to the Med again this summer. I hope your going to another report on this years trip, so I can get lots more tips for my next adventure in July.
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #244
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbelle View Post
I've just been reading this a second time as we head off to the Med again this summer. I hope your going to another report on this years trip, so I can get lots more tips for my next adventure in July.
Thank you for reading heatherbelle! I will definitely write one. Most of my trip reports are on another board but someone from this cruise had asked me to cut and paste it over here to, so I did. I'm not a big fan of people who cut and paste the exact same trip report on multiple forums, but if it will help people with planning I will try to remember to do it this time too!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #245
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

I know I am crazy late to this party, but wow what a great report. I am SO sold on a Med cruise now!! Thanks so much.
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #246
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
I know I am crazy late to this party, but wow what a great report. I am SO sold on a Med cruise now!! Thanks so much.
Thanks Jiminy'sGirl! You're just fashionably late!

I'm glad it still helps!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #247
jennorthernireland
Mouseketeer

Hi, just wanted to add my voice to the many and say thank you for such a great trip report. We are going on our first cruise ever in August on the Magic and it was just so great to read what you had to say about everything! I have really been in two minds about what to do about excursions and you have made me feel a whole lot better. The Disney excursions seem very expensive and I know, as a family, we would like some time on our own too. I think we may do the Rome excursion and do everything else ourselves...it will be an adventure! Looking forward to reading your trip report from June as we do not leave until August - it will be great to get some more helpful tips! Thanks again!
Old 05-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #248
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennorthernireland View Post
Hi, just wanted to add my voice to the many and say thank you for such a great trip report. We are going on our first cruise ever in August on the Magic and it was just so great to read what you had to say about everything! I have really been in two minds about what to do about excursions and you have made me feel a whole lot better. The Disney excursions seem very expensive and I know, as a family, we would like some time on our own too. I think we may do the Rome excursion and do everything else ourselves...it will be an adventure! Looking forward to reading your trip report from June as we do not leave until August - it will be great to get some more helpful tips! Thanks again!
I'm so glad it helped, Jen! We are doing most on our own again to save money and have flexilibty! I'm counting the days!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #249
davidls
DIS Veteran

Excellent trip report Disneyfalcon!!! My DW and I just came across your trip report. We are going to do a med cruise and possibily a repo bring the ship back to the states. Won't be for another year or two. But reading your report and seeing your pictures, we know we definitely are going now!!! Your pictures are fantastic. Hope we get some great shots like you did. Thanks Disneyfalcon for writing your report and posting those GREAT pictures!!! Looking forward to reading your next trip report!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #250
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Excellent trip report Disneyfalcon!!! My DW and I just came across your trip report. We are going to do a med cruise and possibily a repo bring the ship back to the states. Won't be for another year or two. But reading your report and seeing your pictures, we know we definitely are going now!!! Your pictures are fantastic. Hope we get some great shots like you did. Thanks Disneyfalcon for writing your report and posting those GREAT pictures!!! Looking forward to reading your next trip report!!!
That's very nice of you David! Thank you for reading!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #251
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Will look forward to reading your June trip report. We are going to the Med with Disney again this summer at the end of July. Are your trip reports on Cruise Critic? If you can I would love if you could link us to them (or PM the link if it is not one you can post on the main boards)

Take care and happy cruising,
Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #252
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcatfish View Post
Will look forward to reading your June trip report. We are going to the Med with Disney again this summer at the end of July. Are your trip reports on Cruise Critic? If you can I would love if you could link us to them (or PM the link if it is not one you can post on the main boards)

Take care and happy cruising,
Mel
x

Thank you, Mel! We're leaving in 16 days!

I can't post it, so I'll PM you.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #253
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Over 3 yrs later and all I can say is thank you for this report! What a fabulous trip! I was trying to decide on the Alaska 9 nighter or a Med trip for next year (Alaska won out with my 4yo DS vote) but the Med is sooooo on my radar as well, though likely not until 2015 I sure hope your next trip will have a report that I can find. I've just not wanted to work today, Monday, and decided to randomly read trip reports and found yours! YEAH! I hope you will post here when you get your next one up

On that note I will pm you these questions as well in case you can't post the info here. But I see you rented your lens. I would LOVE to do that for our Alaska trip. Where did you do this? Some place local or do you know of somewhere online who does the same thing? Also, I'd love to see your TR of Alaska, could I please have the link!!!

Thanks. Can't wait to see the next trip!

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #254
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Over 3 yrs later and all I can say is thank you for this report! What a fabulous trip! I was trying to decide on the Alaska 9 nighter or a Med trip for next year (Alaska won out with my 4yo DS vote) but the Med is sooooo on my radar as well, though likely not until 2015 I sure hope your next trip will have a report that I can find. I've just not wanted to work today, Monday, and decided to randomly read trip reports and found yours! YEAH! I hope you will post here when you get your next one up

On that note I will pm you these questions as well in case you can't post the info here. But I see you rented your lens. I would LOVE to do that for our Alaska trip. Where did you do this? Some place local or do you know of somewhere online who does the same thing? Also, I'd love to see your TR of Alaska, could I please have the link!!!

Thanks. Can't wait to see the next trip!
Thank you for reading, pequele!!

We loved our Alaskan cruise too. It was my son's favorite cruise to date, although he hasn't done the Med yet!

I'll pm you the link for Alaska!

We leave Thursday for our next Med adventure!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #255
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: