Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #1186
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Sir William -- I don't know if I mentioned this anywhere else, but we have similar issues in our family. Have you ever had Vitamin Water Revive? Vitamin water is a lot like gatorade, with fun flavors, and witty little comments on the label. Available in the grocery store anywhere. The revive flavor has a lot of potassium, which for some reason, really helps when we are feeling that woozy, over-heated feeling.
Those drinks that are loaded with vitamins and minerals help you feel so much better when you are walking around WDW in the heat! I learned that little trick during our 4th of July trip. Drinking one a day made a world of difference!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #1187
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Those drinks that are loaded with vitamins and minerals help you feel so much better when you are walking around WDW in the heat! I learned that little trick during our 4th of July trip. Drinking one a day made a world of difference!
We do this as well, but we use the Propel powder packets. Just order a free cup of ice water, dump in the packet and stir. Much easier to carry then a bottle of premade sports/energy drink, less expensive and you don't have to worry about trying to keep your drink cool for later in the day.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #1188
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocahontasLookALike View Post
Being DVC, I ALWAYS do laundry when visiting. Even when it's just DH and I, every night before showering, I'd throw a load in the washer in the room (sooooo nice). Then right before getting in bed, I toss it in the dryer. REALLY helps cut down on overpacking. At least for me.

And honestly, unpacking once you get home is the worst. I would much rather come home and put away a suitcase full of clean clothes, opposed to knowing that I had loads of laundry ahead of me.

That's just me though
We fly to WDW so everything goes in the washer or if clean for at least 30 minutes in the dryer. I am always afraid of hitchhikers in my luggage( bedbugs, roaches etc.) the heat of the dryer will kill eggs etc. t he only live hitchhiker I have found is a tiny Mediterranean gecko.... Which we released outside.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #1189
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
here's a thought.. why does it have to be the mom who does the laundry? how about the dad? or the kids? a 10 year old should be able to do a simple load of laundry.

all the while mom is in a lounger with a pina colada!!! as well she should be!
Exactly. Now where is that cocktail?
The comical DS (6)

joanzie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #1190
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
here's a thought.. why does it have to be the mom who does the laundry? how about the dad? or the kids? a 10 year old should be able to do a simple load of laundry.

all the while mom is in a lounger with a pina colada!!! as well she should be!
From your lips to God's ears.

Unfortunately DH couldn’t do a load of wash if you gave him written instructions. I once had to throw out my favorite cashmere sweater after he put it in a hot dryer. It wouldn’t have fit a two year old. We won’t even discuss my delicates or the permanent press.

I love him anyway. And he does help with the folding and putting away of everything when we get home. I just don’t let him near the laundry detergent…(you don’t want to know) lol

So we take enough for the whole trip and when we get a suitcase full of dirty clothes, we toss it in the back of the van. It’s parked in a covered garage at the hotel and we use Disney transportation, so it’s no problem. And there is less to pack the night before we head home.

After 45 years of marriage, you just adapt.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #1191
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragontears View Post
From your lips to God's ears.

Unfortunately DH couldn’t do a load of wash if you gave him written instructions. I once had to throw out my favorite cashmere sweater after he put it in a hot dryer. It wouldn’t have fit a two year old. We won’t even discuss my delicates or the permanent press.

I love him anyway. And he does help with the folding and putting away of everything when we get home. I just don’t let him near the laundry detergent…(you don’t want to know) lol

So we take enough for the whole trip and when we get a suitcase full of dirty clothes, we toss it in the back of the van. It’s parked in a covered garage at the hotel and we use Disney transportation, so it’s no problem. And there is less to pack the night before we head home.

After 45 years of marriage, you just adapt.
lol! not to stir the pot.. but did you ever see that "everybody Loves raymond" episode, where raymond tells his brother to do something wrong, (make out the wedding invitations), so his wife won't ever ask him to do it again? (help with the rest of the wedding planning) and debra realizes all the things over the years that raymond "can't" do. so she has to do it. and then he realizes the same thing about her. (setting up to tape the vcr).

anyway. I've only done laundry at disney once. I am an overpacker. I like to have a "choice" of waht to wear! I just meant doing laundry isn't a big deal to me.

once we rented a cabin in Wisconsin for the week, with friends. (didn't speak for 6 months after! ) anyway, how is cooking the whole week a vacation?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #1192
TXStormtrooper
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyellismom View Post
Cupcake liners would work well too I think!!
We always use cupcake liners for this!
TXStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #1193
Ferrillo
Mouseketeer

Subscribing.

Working on our Jan 2014 Trip.
Ferrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #1194
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
lol! not to stir the pot.. but did you ever see that "everybody Loves raymond" episode, where raymond tells his brother to do something wrong, (make out the wedding invitations), so his wife won't ever ask him to do it again? (help with the rest of the wedding planning) and debra realizes all the things over the years that raymond "can't" do. so she has to do it. and then he realizes the same thing about her. (setting up to tape the vcr).

anyway. I've only done laundry at disney once. I am an overpacker. I like to have a "choice" of waht to wear! I just meant doing laundry isn't a big deal to me.

once we rented a cabin in Wisconsin for the week, with friends. (didn't speak for 6 months after! ) anyway, how is cooking the whole week a vacation?
Lol!! Oh - I've thought of that. We had that discussion years ago. But his worst offences were when I was in the hospital and he HAD to have clean uniforms. (CO doesn't care that your wife is bedridden.) Some of them were permanent press before that. lol

He was an only child of a stay at home mom (didnt even have to clean up his room ) and now he's an only husband. At least now he picks up after himself (mostly). He helps out with some chores, but is truly hopeless with the laundry. And you do not want to have to eat anything he cooks. If it can't just be heated in the microwave it won't be eatable. Like I said, I love him anyway. He has many other redeeming qualities. I guess I'll keep him another 45 years.

And "cooking the whole week" is defiantly not a vacation. Imho "cooking" and "vacation" do not even belong in the same sentence. Its an oxymoron.

I take it there won't be a repeat of the cabin in Wisconsin anytime soon?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Last edited by Dragontears; 03-31-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #1195
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragontears View Post
:

Really...why should everyone get a vacation but me?

Same goes for a room with a kitchen!!!! No Thanks!! A frig to keep drinks is all I need.

Well...maybe a microwave to warm up the danish I picked up.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #1196
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post

I agree. No kitchen..... No cooking.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #1197
jameyh
Mouseketeer

great ideas!! thanks

jameyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #1198
gracigirl
Earning My Ears

Love the ideas!
gracigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #1199
MouseHouseLovr
Earning My Ears

I read this whoooole thread! THANK YOU!
MouseHouseLovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #1200
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

I didn't read the whole thread but I did read several pages and didn't see my favorite product….(I am guessing it was buried somewhere)….

I go to target in the sporting area where they sell fishing and camping equipment, target sell rain ponchos folded into a "deck of cards" size that easily fits in your "Park Bag". These ponchos sell for a $1.00. And yes we have used them! better than the $10 or $15 ones you see in the gift shops on main street!
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: