Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #271
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishy View Post
I'm not religious, but darn it, if the Lykken family want prayers then I will do my utmost to provide what I can in the form of prayers to their God for Chase's recovery. They deserve that and so does their sweet precious little warrior! Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a miracle. I wish I could hug them.
What a truly selfless gesture.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #272
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishy View Post
I'm not religious, but darn it, if the Lykken family want prayers then I will do my utmost to provide what I can in the form of prayers to their God for Chase's recovery. They deserve that and so does their sweet precious little warrior! Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a miracle. I wish I could hug them.
Love this post!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 04-12-2013 at 01:23 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #273
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpwars View Post
Hi, drowning is a silent killer. Drowning is not splashing, and yelling at all (it is NOT like the movies at all) People just go under silently. It sounds like the pool was so full that you can't see the bottom. I was a lifeguard and later swim instructor for 10years. Almost all drownings were silent ( a few were yellers as they just couldn't handle the wave pool)
But as a lifeguard you learn to scan the bottom of the pool, you don't look for screamers or splashers. Often kids slip under as if they were going to swim under water but in reality they can't stay above and no one notices they are not literally swimming or coming back up. And I know from a previous cruise you can not see the bottom of the pool at all. So scary!
This reminds me of when I worked in a public swimming pool as the cashier. A lady came with her young child and a boy about 4 (this was in the early 80's). She took turns carrying each child towards the deeper water and left the othe in the shallow end. When she took her own child, the 4 year old followed her (unbeknownst to her) and it wasn't until another child discovered him, was he rescued. Not sure how long he was under but seem to remember he survived without brain damage.

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #274
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishy
My thoughts exactly!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #275
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Seriously, people have not been negative on this board. Saying "I'm not going to pray because I don't believe in it" isn't negative. There are lots of ways to express support. I've been impressed with how positive these boards have been on this topic.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #276
njdisneylovr
Mouseketeer

If anything "positive" came out of the horrible tragedy, is that yesterday, I signed my 4 year old daughter up for swimming lessons for the first time. It was one of those things on my list, that I probably would have never gotten around to. We sailed on the Fantasy last year, and are sailing in November. My DD has recently run off from me and into the street to see a neighbor. Does she know better? Yes. Accidents happen. Chase may be saving lives because of this. God bless him.
njdisneylovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #277
TLSnell1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
Seriously, people have not been negative on this board. Saying "I'm not going to pray because I don't believe in it" isn't negative. There are lots of ways to express support. I've been impressed with how positive these boards have been on this topic.
Some have gone too far. How would a non believer feel, if they asked for words of encouragement and strength, but posters insisted on prayers? Granted, some would take the gesture as a sign of support, but others would be offended.

Scarlett O'Hara
Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #278
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

I

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5

Last edited by DesertGal; 04-12-2013 at 09:52 AM.
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #279
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal View Post
I disagree. Read some of the posts on other threads related to this. The parents have been called names, been excused if leaving their child in the pool alone to go get drinks, and accused of horrible things, even comments that they shouldn't have been allowed to have kids. Awful things. How anyone could say things like that ever, but especially when their 4 year old is doing everything to survive is awful. It is definitely negative, evil and cruel. I don't think that shows support at all and the people making them should be ashamed.
So you drug it back in to this thread? WHY?

Is there some reason you wanted to repeat the trash talk?
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #280
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Yes, people can be cruel. That's why I commented on how impressed I was with how supportive and kind people have been in this thread.

And as for how would non-believers feel if people insisted on praying for them? Meh. It happens all the time so most of us learn to roll with it and accept the good intentions.

From their Caring Bridge site I get the impression Chase is at Children's in Minneapolis. If that's the case then they're in great hands. I've seen first hand how amazing the doctors and nurses are there.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #281
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal View Post
I disagree. Read some of the posts on other threads related to this. The parents have been called names, been excused if leaving their child in the pool alone to go get drinks, and accused of horrible things, even comments that they shouldn't have been allowed to have kids. Awful things. How anyone could say things like that ever, but especially when their 4 year old is doing everything to survive is awful. It is definitely negative, evil and cruel. I don't think that shows support at all and the people making them should be ashamed.
I agree with OCC....why drag it here???.........this has not been the tone of this thread.

Please leave the trash talk to the other threads.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #282
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Ok..let's get back on track.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #283
jrbdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Ok..let's get back on track.

MJ
Thank you!

Continuing to pray for Chase and his family.
jrbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #284
TLSnell1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
Thank you!

Continuing to pray for Chase and his family.

Scarlett O'Hara
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #285
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post

So you drug it back in to this thread? WHY?

Is there some reason you wanted to repeat the trash talk?
Very good point. Even though that wasn't my intent, you are right.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: