Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #31
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie View Post
We have stayed at all 3 Universal resorts in various levels of rooms/suites...they have not been nicer then the Deluxe resorts we have stayed at with Disney.
Have to disagree as well. It depends on which resorts you are comparing I guess but I'll take the Universal Hotels over several of the Disney Deluxes any day.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #32
PooohBear
Gimme peanut butter and jelly sandwiches everyday
I always end up going back to my original hair
I'm a cotton headed ninny muggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie View Post
We have stayed at all 3 Universal Resorts and they are comparable to a Mod. at Disney.
Even club level or the suites we have stayed in.. have in no way compared to any of our stays at any Deluxe Disney resort.
Seriously ?!?!?! The Universal hotels far surpass most of the Disney deluxes and the moderates aren't even close to being in the same league
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooohBear View Post
Seriously ?!?!?! The Universal hotels far surpass most of the Disney deluxes and the moderates aren't even close to being in the same league
This is why that poster hasn't been back to this thread to back that statement up!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #34
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
I just wanted to chime in that I have always been disappointed with the quality of Disney's naming scheme of their hotels. Their "deluxe" is what I would put into a normal hotel with some extra themeing. Nothing more. It makes me think of a 'deluxe' room in certain hotel chains - it just means you weren't cheated on anything! But I suppose anything better would be considered a luxury hotel, such as a Four Seasons or Fairmont. I shudder to think what the price tag on THAT would be!
I understand what you are saying. Our resort of choice is CSR. I feel that it is "almost" the equivlent of the WDW Deluxe resorts at a much better price. It has a fitness center which is important to me and a few other Deluxe type Mods. Last WDW trip we stayed for 14 nights there. For me the only really big thing the Deluxe resorts offer is location. I would really like to stay at an Epcot resort, but the same stay was going to be about $3500 more at BC or BW. I don't really feel like I would have enjoyed the resorts much more than CSR, so the question was did I want to pay $3500 for the location? I like that location so much I actually thought long and hard about it. But in the end couldn't justify $3500 to be able to walk to Epcot.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #35
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

When I go to Disney I enjoy the proximity of the Epcot hotels to the park or the ease of transportation of the GF or Poly but I agree the hotel is not really a "deluxe" in the traditional sense. You are paying a premium for location, ease and additional theming. I am ok with the discounted rates (rack is just too high) and those only as as long as the room quality, cleanliness, and upkeep is kept to a certain standard.

We are considering extending our trip in June and given that I'm impatiently waiting on AP rates to come out and we have never tried Universal it is really tempted to give it a go this year. I sure would like one of those Universal PINs but if the rooms are that much better AND you get a special ticket perhaps I need to go checkout the GP offer at Universal. Thanks for the heads-up!
Momtomouselover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: