Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
AVDisney
WDW Young Vet

Favorite Disney World Memory!!!

What is your favorite Disney World memory?!

My favorite has to be during my last trip. We went to Whispering Canyon Cafe (a restaurant at Wilderness Lodge) for breakfast and our waiter was AMAZING!!! He put my brother in fake jail and made him wash dishes in the kitchen because he was being sassy. He was putting straws in my hair while telling my parents the specials and he acted like it was nothing... My sister got to ride on a "pony" and then, when we asked for ketchup they brought us about 30 bottles!!! Not to mention the food was GREAT!!! We went back there about 3 different times in that trip alone!!!
Animal Kindgom Lodge (2007)
Boardwalk (2009)
Polynesian (Jan. 2011)
Beach Club (June 2013)

My first trip to Disneyland/Grand Californian! (March 2014)

Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye...

AVDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
francescaa
☾wanderlust☽

My favorite memory is probably the time when my parents suprised me and my brothers with the trip. They told us that we were going to the Great Wolf Lodge in Orlando (I don't even think they have one in Orlando). I remember how just when we landed the flight attandant was on the microphone and was like raise your hand if your going to Disney and half the flight raised their hand, and me and my brothers were so mad bc we just wanted to go to disney, i was on the virge of crying (I later found out that my mom purposely asked the flight attendant to do that). Then my parents got a limo and wouldn't let us look out the window and then we saw one of the long houses of the polynesian and thats when they told us we were actually going to disney.
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVDisney
What is your favorite Disney World memory?!

My favorite has to be during my last trip. We went to Whispering Canyon Cafe (a restaurant at Wilderness Lodge) for breakfast and our waiter was AMAZING!!! He put my brother in fake jail and made him wash dishes in the kitchen because he was being sassy. He was putting straws in my hair while telling my parents the specials and he acted like it was nothing... My sister got to ride on a "pony" and then, when we asked for ketchup they brought us about 30 bottles!!! Not to mention the food was GREAT!!! We went back there about 3 different times in that trip alone!!!
That's so funny! We're going to Whispering Canyon Cafe (first time) in about 7 weeks so I'm very excited!

We've had so many Disney memories and magical moments at the parks, but I'd have to say that one that sticks out to me now actually is very small but it happened on our last trip to the World. I think we were waiting for Mickeys Philharmagic and it was in the middle of the afternoon. I remember having gotten surprise fast passes for this when getting some for Pooh I think? Anyway, I just remember sitting there on the floor and talking...in Disney it was some great family time.
I'm not really sure why at the moment that one sticks out at me, but I also remember the las day of that same trip my youngest brother (6) was really upset over the seating arrangement I think it was on Splash. We had walked into a bakery place I believe somewhere near frontier land? It wasn't the Main Street one.
Anyway, he was still bawling when we got our food and a cast member whips out from behind
the counter a giant chocolate chip cookie (as big as a plate! It seriously was so huge that we were able to split it up between the six of us). I say there was some serious magic done there; it totally made his day!
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
Silvermist20
Proud Directioner, Disney addict, awesome person, etc etc etc!

Oh wow well, I have a lot of memories. Like, I got to go to the Garden View Tea Room with my mom and grandma and it was nice. Also, I went to Disney with my friends and it was pretty fun. In that same trip, we went to Ohana for breakfast and a flower off of Stitch's lei fell off and they gave it to my brother (he still has it ). Also, just to name another one, when I went with my grandparents, we had a little family reunion and since we stayed at the Boardwalk, we went on the actual boardwalk and played one of the games. My aunt won and she gave me her prize. (it was a giant dog! )

I am Silv, the loving, awesome, amazing, weird, funny mother of the Random family.

DIRECTIONER!
Disney is love, Disney is life.
"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence Welch (Dog Days Are Over)
"Some infinities are larger than other infinities." ~TFIOS

Silvermist20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
AVDisney
WDW Young Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
That's so funny! We're going to Whispering Canyon Cafe (first time) in about 7 weeks so I'm very excited!

We've had so many Disney memories and magical moments at the parks, but I'd have to say that one that sticks out to me now actually is very small but it happened on our last trip to the World. I think we were waiting for Mickeys Philharmagic and it was in the middle of the afternoon. I remember having gotten surprise fast passes for this when getting some for Pooh I think? Anyway, I just remember sitting there on the floor and talking...in Disney it was some great family time.
I'm not really sure why at the moment that one sticks out at me, but I also remember the las day of that same trip my youngest brother (6) was really upset over the seating arrangement I think it was on Splash. We had walked into a bakery place I believe somewhere near frontier land? It wasn't the Main Street one.
Anyway, he was still bawling when we got our food and a cast member whips out from behind
the counter a giant chocolate chip cookie (as big as a plate! It seriously was so huge that we were able to split it up between the six of us). I say there was some serious magic done there; it totally made his day!
That sounds awesome!!! I love it when cast members do things like that! One time on Space Mountain, my brother got to hit the button that let the group before us go, then they put him into the ride and he got to sit up front (he was about 6 and it was his favorite seat.) He was so excited!!! He felt so important and little kids love to push buttons

Also, if you can, go to WCC for breakfast because it's the least crowded and the best food is in their breakfast menu. The waiters also do more magical things because they don't have to worry about their other tables if it's not crowded. When our waiter did all that stuff for us there were only about 10 other people in the restaurant!!! (we had a REALLY late breakfast) And don't forget to order ketchup
Animal Kindgom Lodge (2007)
Boardwalk (2009)
Polynesian (Jan. 2011)
Beach Club (June 2013)

My first trip to Disneyland/Grand Californian! (March 2014)

Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye...

AVDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
spursboy13
Galactic Hero

My favorite Disney World memory was at Chef Mickey's. It was my birthday and I was with my mom, my grandfather, my dad and my sister. We were on a huge family trip. All of a sudden, Mickey and Goofy came out fighting with pots and pans. I was dying even though I was only 3. I'll probably always remember it as My most favorite Disney moment.

"If you have a dream, don't wait. Act." - Kingdom Hearts
"A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." -Hercules
"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." -The Lion King
"Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it." -A Nightmare Before Christmas
"I never look back darling. It distracts me from the now" -The Incredibles
spursboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
101disneyfan
Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

2005: Seeing the Epcot Characters on Holiday Bus and my first attraction, The Great Movie Ride. Yes, it needs updating.
2007: Going on both Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain with my brother and sister-in-law.

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Sparrow03
"The only rules that matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do." - Captain Jack Sparrow

My favorite Disney Word memory has to be when my parents and I got to eat at the Biergarten Restaurant in Epcot. Overall, the food was good and the atmosphere was most welcoming.
Sparrow03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
abidale
DIS Veteran

We were the first ones to arrive at dinner at Chef Mickey's, so me and my sister got to "cut the rope" to open the buffet! There were photographers taking lots of pictures as we did it and we got to sign Mickey Mouse's autograph book. It was great!
abidale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

In 2000 I think it was, I was at wdw with my family and there was an NBA wives convention going on at the Contemporary. Luckily we were eating at Chef Mickey one night and I got to meet a bunch of NBA players and take pictures with them. It was awesome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: