Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
squaggles
Earning My Ears

we've been on the magic, but not the dream. thanks for sharing your experience. when you said:
*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #5

#5..Not sure if this would be a first time cruise lesson or not but the pool and aqua duck were not very busy at all around 12:45pm. I brought my suit (I listened to fellow Dis'ers) and DBF did not pack his in his carry-on but in the end I'm glad we did a tour of the ship instead of going right to the pool..next time and same ship..you better believe it, I'm riding that duck first thing!

would you recommend we try the aqua duck first? i know our kids want to ride and so do i...but we don't want to wait forever in line.

squaggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #32
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

Great trip report....so FUN!!!
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Trish.Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #33
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

I'm in!! Can't wait to read more! Dang work expecting me to be on time so I can't just read it now!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #34
StitchIsOurHero

Ok, all caught up now!!! I didn't see you in the terminal, but there's probably a reason for that--our terminal arrival was nuts (just wait for that in the TR!). I did see you at Castaway Cay and at Dress-Up night in the atrium, but both times, as I walked up to you, D took off for parts unknown, so I had to go corral him!

Here's a bizarre thing, though. . .we had the same dining rotation! Did you have main or late seating? I was disappointed when we got that one at first, because I had thought I wanted to start in Animator's, but I was SO glad by the end because I loved having Pirate Night and the Final Night in there!

Ok, I have to ask, where did you get the navy and red DCL bag? I LOVE it!! Pretty sure I NEED one!!

I also have Post Disney Cruise Depression! Tell him it must be an epidemic!! And have a fun visit to our "neighborhood" this weekend! If you have sinus issues, bring your anti-sinus-yuckiness medication! It's hitting hard this week!

Last edited by StitchIsOurHero; 04-10-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #35
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaggles View Post
we've been on the magic, but not the dream. thanks for sharing your experience. when you said:
*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #5

#5..Not sure if this would be a first time cruise lesson or not but the pool and aqua duck were not very busy at all around 12:45pm. I brought my suit (I listened to fellow Dis'ers) and DBF did not pack his in his carry-on but in the end I'm glad we did a tour of the ship instead of going right to the pool..next time and same ship..you better believe it, I'm riding that duck first thing!

would you recommend we try the aqua duck first? i know our kids want to ride and so do i...but we don't want to wait forever in line.

It's hard to say! It was just the two of us without kids. We had a sold out ship and still managed to fit it in on sea day. I don't think I saw more than a 20 or 30 min wait the whole time we were on there and I could imagine that the Nassau day and CC day were even less waits. We waited 15 mins on the sea day and that was late afternoon I think. We would have done it again but the line had doubled since we did it and next time we will try and fit it in on day 1. Our weather was also so-so..high 60s low 70s so I can imagine that maybe on warmer days it is longer too. You could always do it and then explore the ship! Many families we saw were already in suits when they boarded the ship and many were changing in the bathrooms of the terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish.Glenn View Post
Great trip report....so FUN!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
I'm in!! Can't wait to read more! Dang work expecting me to be on time so I can't just read it now!!

Quote:
Ok, all caught up now!!! I didn't see you in the terminal, but there's probably a reason for that--our terminal arrival was nuts (just wait for that in the TR!). I did see you at Castaway Cay and at Dress-Up night in the atrium, but both times, as I walked up to you, D took off for parts unknown, so I had to go corral him!

Here's a bizarre thing, though. . .we had the same dining rotation! Did you have main or late seating? I was disappointed when we got that one at first, because I had thought I wanted to start in Animator's, but I was SO glad by the end because I loved having Pirate Night and the Final Night in there!

Ok, I have to ask, where did you get the navy and red DCL bag? I LOVE it!! Pretty sure I NEED one!!

I also have Post Disney Cruise Depression! Tell Jim it must be an epidemic!! And have a fun visit to our "neighborhood" this weekend! If you have sinus issues, bring your anti-sinus-yuckiness medication! It's hitting hard this week!
Haha!! I'm nearly 100% sure it was you on check-in time because were in the line on the left and you were to the right (we chose poorly!). We had the 8:15pm dining rotation which worked great for us and we were sat with 3 other couples around our ages which was great too.

DBF bought the bag for me on Disneycruiseline.com. He got it for me for xmas..not sure how much he paid but compared to the POC backpack he got as the in-room gift and the water bottles (that also broke at one point)..it seems to have held up and held up with a lot of weight! It's test will be this weekend at the airport as my carry-on bag!

I take allergy meds daily but I'll be sure to pack extra haha!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #36
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Hi Megan!

I'm so in for this trip report! Going back to read now...
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #37
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Hi Megan! I am in! Great updates so far! Can't wait to see your room and your meals.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #38
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

That is crazy about guest relations and not knowing about gift cards

Your drink looked really good

What I have seen so far looks great

Can't wait to see more

Have fun this weekend with your DBF
Old 04-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #39
StitchIsOurHero

Ok, I was re-reading my response, and I am that my autocorrect decided to make DBF's name "Jim". That's what I get. . .it was supposed to be "tell him. . .". Just wanted you to know I hadn't just renamed your DBF!!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #40
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Hi Megan!

I'm so in for this trip report! Going back to read now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Hi Megan! I am in! Great updates so far! Can't wait to see your room and your meals.
That's all in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That is crazy about guest relations and not knowing about gift cards

Your drink looked really good

What I have seen so far looks great

Can't wait to see more

Have fun this weekend with your DBF
Really couldn't believe it! This wouldn't be the first time that GS was wrong on stuff! Odd considering it's Disney!

Quote:
Ok, I was re-reading my response, and I am that my autocorrect decided to make DBF's name "Jim". That's what I get. . .it was supposed to be "tell him. . .". Just wanted you to know I hadn't just renamed your DBF!!
Haha, it's okay!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #41
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Kids Clubs and Characters!

KIDS CLUBS AND CHARACTERS!!

*HI DIS FRIENDS!!! I got everything done for the weekend so I thought I'd update once more before I leave tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll be back Monday night (with an update hopefully Tuesday!)

MAR 24, 2013

When I left off we were done exploring the upper decks and decided to start exploring and check out the kids clubs! Before we left the outdoor decks we took some photos!

We're blowing away!

The wind was getting really bad which made sense because I guess over in Orlando, they were having tornado warnings! The weather was heading our way and it was coming quickly!!

On our way out, I took pics of the quick service menus (did I post these last time..if so sorry!)

Throughout the four days we did use these options but we also used room service just as much! The times we did use it, there was hardly ever any lines!

We took shelter on the lower decks and went off to find the kids clubs. It was then we realized we truly had no idea where we were going! Thank goodness for signs!

Eventually we did find the clubs and still today I have no idea what deck they were on but we found them and were impressed!

We also saw the teen club and never did see the older teen club (I think that's on a different deck). We walked past the Small World Nursery but didn't know if we could tour it so we didn't bother asking since it didn't matter anyways! I'm assuming it's super cute though!

After the tour I can understand why kids NEVER want to leave especially if your child is into technology! I have several families at my school that have done DCL and they said it's like pulling teeth to get kids out of the clubs! They even feed them in there!

By the time we finished with our club tour we decided to head to find our stateroom as it was 1:30pm!

We talked by the atrium and found some fun!

Oh wait...more people arriving!

AND OUR FIRST ON BOARD CHARACTER PIC!!

I was thrilled to find Chip and Dale! I love how our shirt colors match theirs!

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #6

#6...CHARACTER PICS ARE A MUST!!!! I have to admit I'm not a die-hard character fan at WDW. I'll do it at the meals I go to and possibly the parties at Halloween and Xmas but never do I ever really stop to get a character pic beyond those but I went insane with character pics on the ship! The longest line we saw was for the princesses but all the other characters were 10, maybe 15 min wait at the most..or we just got lucky every time! I was glad we waited in line for the character pics and it gave us something else to look at at Shutters when seeing the pics in the binder. My only character regret...no character pics on CC. We were settled on the beach when they started coming out...oh well! Next time!!

After our impromptu pic we finally headed up to deck 9 from deck 5 to find our room...9516!!!

UP NEXT...DBF WAS RIGHT YOU NEED A VERANDAH!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 04-11-2013 at 10:31 PM.
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #42
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Great report so far..can't wait to hear more.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #43
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

yay, 1 more update

The kids club look so cool in there. I want to be a kid so I can play in there

Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #44
squaggles
Earning My Ears

THANKS!! I love "hearing" your report!
squaggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #45
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Love the Chip and Dale pic. I am a big character hunter so can not wait to get pictures on the ship.

We spent alot of our earlier WDW trips walking right by the characters because I did not want to "waste" time waiting in line for a picture. Then our DS came along and I realized that was really a big part of the Disney experience for us. Now a good part of our trip is focused on M&Gs and I love having all the awesome pictures on our CD when we get home.

Can't wait to see pictures of your room.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: