DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #1831
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I don't know if this is a trend, just my luck or a result of the increased direct-buy prices....I have now had two BCV contracts I inquired about (one about a month ago and one last week at two different resellers) that sold for higher than the listed price. I saw the contract and called immediately and was told that several people expressed interest. I gave the reseller a price and in both cases, over the next few hours, they called/texted back the counter offer from the other potential buyers. In both cases, once the price got above the initial listed price, I backed out. I understand the reseller trying to get the highest price possible for the seller but something just didn't pass the smell test to me. Call me stubborn or stupid or maybe it was the principal of the matter. What do you DVCers think? Should I be suspicious or is it just a sign of the times?
A few months ago, I would have said that it was unusual but given the stuff going on with resale, number of people who are on waiting lists for BCV via direct, I can believe that there possible was a bidding war for those contracts.

Just look at the websites--they are getting pretty bare for some of the resorts and in the last 4 years since I have been looking at those sites, I never remember so limited availability.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #1832
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Congrats to all who were recently waived through. I'm so sorry Mommy2TwoMickeys and 77Kool, that both of you were ROFR'ed Good luck on your next try

I'm going to post my timeline soon, but I closed on my contract yesterday just waiting for Disney to load my points
cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #1833
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13
Contract sent to Disney today.

150 BWV, $78/pt, Dec UY, all 2011, 2012, 2013 points, buyer pays MF and closing costs.

Now we wait.
I will be watching this contract. Will it set a new record for ROFR? Will it set the new price level for BWV? Very interesting.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #1834
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets
I don't know if this is a trend, just my luck or a result of the increased direct-buy prices....I have now had two BCV contracts I inquired about (one about a month ago and one last week at two different resellers) that sold for higher than the listed price. I saw the contract and called immediately and was told that several people expressed interest. I gave the reseller a price and in both cases, over the next few hours, they called/texted back the counter offer from the other potential buyers. In both cases, once the price got above the initial listed price, I backed out. I understand the reseller trying to get the highest price possible for the seller but something just didn't pass the smell test to me. Call me stubborn or stupid or maybe it was the principal of the matter. What do you DVCers think? Should I be suspicious or is it just a sign of the times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw

A few months ago, I would have said that it was unusual but given the stuff going on with resale, number of people who are on waiting lists for BCV via direct, I can believe that there possible was a bidding war for those contracts.

Just look at the websites--they are getting pretty bare for some of the resorts and in the last 4 years since I have been looking at those sites, I never remember so limited availability.
I agree with Sandi in so much as I wouldn't be crying foul per se, and I do think it is a sign of the times. But I will also say that it reflects poorly on the listing broker for a few reasons. First off, they should be more aware of the market and should be advising sellers to list for more reasonable prices. The second reason is that it is a bit of a deviation from their typical way of doing business. They are not like real estate agents who are obligated to get the best deal for their clients. They are required by law to present all offers, but they really have no obligation to entertain a bidding war. In the past a full priced offer meant the contract was sold. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this new way of doing business. I'm definitely not comfortable with a broker provoking a bidding war by openly sharing all the active bids on a contract with the bidders.

That being said, given that I'm not an attorney I can't say that the brokers are in violation of any laws or rules. I'm simply saying that it is a pretty significant change that I'm not very comfortable with.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #1835
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I agree with Sandi in so much as I wouldn't be crying foul per se, and I do think it is a sign of the times. But I will also say that it reflects poorly on the listing broker for a few reasons. First off, they should be more aware of the market and should be advising sellers to list for more reasonable prices. The second reason is that it is a bit of a deviation from their typical way of doing business. They are not like real estate agents who are obligated to get the best deal for their clients. They are required by law to present all offers, but they really have no obligation to entertain a bidding war. In the past a full priced offer meant the contract was sold. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this new way of doing business. I'm definitely not comfortable with a broker provoking a bidding war by openly sharing all the active bids on a contract with the bidders.

That being said, given that I'm not an attorney I can't say that the brokers are in violation of any laws or rules. I'm simply saying that it is a pretty significant change that I'm not very comfortable with.
If a broker says, they have a full price offer & asks if you want to increase your offer seems to provoke bidding wars. It also does not seem fair to the person who submitted the full price offer. Just doesn't seem like a good way to do business. A few extra bucks commission but loss of credibility.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #1836
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
If a broker says, they have a full price offer & asks if you want to increase your offer seems to provoke bidding wars. It also does not seem fair to the person who submitted the full price offer. Just doesn't seem like a good way to do business. A few extra bucks commission but loss of credibility.
I truly wonder what is going on.

I have made 2 full price offers with Fidelity over the past 6 weeks the first was "congratulations we will notify the buyers" but they seemed surprised I offered full price (55.00PP BWV) then the second was for 60.00PP again full price offer and I was told again "congratulations' but then the sellers decided they did not ask enough, were not informed, did not understand and so on and came back at 70.00PP - we walked away and I found out after the fact they got a new buyer with an offer a bit higher then 70.00. The 3rd contract was listed for 72.00PP we offered 65.00 and the sellers were contacted immediately agreed again done deal and that was last week. I have been told by the TSS that if someone offers full price its a done deal (I was a seller).
Strange that this is happening unless they are getting e-mails, and phone calls within minutes of listings being posted - now that would not surprise me!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #1837
cz4ever
Imagineer-in-training

[QUOTE=macd77;48072057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macd77 View Post
150 OKW (Apr) $61/pt 150-2013, 150-2014 buyer paid 2013 maint fees and closing costs
3/3 - offer made at asking and accepted
3/5 - we signed the contract
3/7 - seller signed and contracted went to ROFR
4/3 - we passed rofr!!!!!
4/5 - received a call from broker, wait for it, her words exactly, "are you sitting down, we just received word that the contract that passed was the extended one!!!"

We thought we bid on OKW 2042, but it was the extended one. Sooooo happyyy!!!!
Congrats it closing, and on the extra little (awesome) present at the end!
cz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #1838
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77kool View Post
We were ROFRd.

55 OKW (Sept) $65 55 banked '10, all '12 & '13, buyer pays maintenance and administrative fee, buyer and seller split closing (ROFR 4/11)
Sorry to hear that. Our contract just went to Disney today. It is similar to yours - 40 OKW Dec. @ $70 ppt.

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #1839
ytsyts
Earning My Ears

Price Dropped?

Am I supposed to be NOT surprised by the listing prices drop overnight for BWV and WL on Fidelity?

Looks strange to me...
Mexican Riviera on Wonder, Nov 2012
Caribbean on Fantasy, Feb 2014
Caribbean on Fantasy, Mar 2014

ytsyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #1840
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsyts View Post
Am I supposed to be NOT surprised by the listing prices drop overnight for BWV and WL on Fidelity?

Looks strange to me...
That is weird. I just looked and I don't understand it. 150 BWV listed at $55???
Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #1841
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsyts View Post

Looks strange to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
That is weird. I just looked and I don't understand it. 150 BWV listed at $55???
When I spoke with one of their sales associates yesterday I was informed that some of the listings posted yesterday were done by mistake. I should have asked about that $55 BWV. I remember one of the AKV listings from a few weeks ago that disappeared and is now there again.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Yacht Club Feb '15, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #1842
Joey7295
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
When I spoke with one of their sales associates yesterday I was informed that some of the listings posted yesterday were done by mistake. I should have asked about that $55 BWV. I remember one of the AKV listings from a few weeks ago that disappeared and is now there again.
I figured the same. Many of the listings have old listing numbers, including the $55 BWV, which made me think they were listed by mistake.
Joey7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #1843
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpts@disney View Post
Well I didn't want to jinx myself with posting my resale contract, but with all of the BWV ROFR'ing going on my confidence decreases daily. Here are the details:

BWV 222 pts, Dec UY all 2012 pts forward, buyer pays closing and maint - $64/pt
submitted to Disney on 3/25. First purchase.

Do I have any hope ?
My own personal hypothesis after just getting a BWV contract through ROFR is that they have some use years with a significant BWV waitlist and some use years with no BWV waitlist. That's my guess as to why my April contract snuck through while other higher priced ones did not.

I'm not sure if December is in high demand now or not.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #1844
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Still waiting to hear about ours that was sent 3/17.
Thank you I believe we are jumping back on the DVC rollercoaster and putting another BWV offer in again. Good Luck on your listing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
Oh no, so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping things were starting to get better with ROFRs
Thanks, Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenspidey View Post
Disney sure is gobbling up those BWV .... Sorry
Thank you! Yea, they sure are. Hoping they leave my next offer alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmgdisney View Post
So sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to us last month on an OKW contract. We decided to try again with SSR, should find out soon since ours went to ROFR also on the 21st. Hope you have better luck on your next contract. You just never know when Disney decides to exercise ROFR.
Thanks and sorry to you as well! Good luck with SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
Congrats to all who were recently waived through. I'm so sorry Mommy2TwoMickeys and 77Kool, that both of you were ROFR'ed Good luck on your next try

I'm going to post my timeline soon, but I closed on my contract yesterday just waiting for Disney to load my points
Thank you
Congrats To You!
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #1845
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
My own personal hypothesis after just getting a BWV contract through ROFR is that they have some use years with a significant BWV waitlist and some use years with no BWV waitlist. That's my guess as to why my April contract snuck through while other higher priced ones did not.

I'm not sure if December is in high demand now or not.
Ours is September and I have now idea if that is a good one or not! I guess I will find out next week.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: