Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
LouisaBean
Earning My Ears

Magic Castle

We have 4 nights stop over in LA before flying over to WDW, we were looking at the Magic Castle Hotel because they have 2 BRM suites and we are a family of 5. Can anyone tell me if it is in a safe location?
LouisaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Were you wanting to stay in Hollywood to see specific things? In other words, does your location have to be Hollywood?
I haven't stayed at that hotel, but we drive by it often. Personally, and this is only my opinion, I wouldn't feel comfortable staying there. The street in front of the hotel (Franklin) is busy and usually is clogged during rush hours -- so that would lead me to wonder about the noise factor. Also, there is a park across the street where a few homeless people spend the night. The area isn't really bad or seriously unsafe, but I would feel more comfortable elsewhere. There are several chain hotels around the corner on Highland (Lowe's, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Best Western Holiday Plaza Inn), so my preference would be to stay at one of those properties. Just my 2 cents. YMMV. Hope this is helpful.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Plutofan
DIS Veteran

We are staying there in June. The hotel gives you access to the Magic castle brunch on the weekends. Our kids are looking foward to the magic shows. The Magic Castle hotel is recommended by Frommers.

Plutofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
sewingmolly
Mouseketeer

I stayed there 2 years ago and would highly reccommend the hotel. The staff were very friendly. The hotel isn't stylish and would probably strike many as needing refurbishment. Our suite was large and very functional. We liked the location. We walked to Grauman's in the afternoon but drove to dinner after dark. The area didn't seem unsafe to me, but I live in the intercity so I see homeless people regularly. I'm planning another stay in September.
sewingmolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: