Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #16
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

I did not have lunch at Be Our Guest, but DH and I had dinner there in December, and I swear it was one of the best meals of my life. The ambience is wonderful, and the food was spectacular. The wait staff was very attentive. I loved having a glass of wine while being in the Magic Kingdom!! I cannot express to anyone enough how fantastic our entire meal was. I hope to do this again soon, but DH is WDW'd out, so for our next vacation we are planning our first trip to Disneyland.

You can't go wrong trying Be Our Guest at least once for dinner. It will be an experience you won't forget.

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite

Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #17
MAPOrocks
Mouseketeer

dinner ambiance vs lunch ambiance

Is it more calm to go at night? Are you rushed during lunch??
MAPOrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPOrocks View Post
Is it more calm to go at night? Are you rushed during lunch??
We were not rushed 'at all' the two times we went in Nov/Dec.

We are at Disney now and will eat lunch there at least twice - the lines are not bad at all during the week. The braised pork is soooo good!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

If you are a fan of Beauty and the Beast, I strongly recommend doing dinner...or both dinner and lunch. You get to meet the Beast after your meal at dinner, and I felt like dinner had "fancier"/nicer atmosphere. There's a link in my signature to a thread called "Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest." It includes lots of info and photos on both lunch and dinner

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
I am OK with a 30min wait or less. Anything else, I will just keep the dinner reservation (which I will probably end up waiting longer and then being annoyed )
If you're OK with eating at an off-peak time and aren't going during an extremely busy time of year, you shouldn't end up waiting more than 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have heard people waitin from 45 minutes to over 90 minutes for lunch. As for dinner, those were booked through April quite some time ago.
Really? I haven't heard any reports of waits anywhere close to 90 minutes. I know lines were extremely long during Easter (of course), and I know some people have waited between 45-50 minutes during peak times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsuki000 View Post
What time do they start waiting?
People start lining up around 9:45 or so. The restaurant opens at 10:30 and the line is cut off somewhere between 2:00-2:30 each day.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #21
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I have decided to do lunch there wie my little girl. I wanted dinner, but could not get a ressie. I am more then happy to do lunch, but am hoping the wait is not too long.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #22
rohan
Earning My Ears

Smile Be our guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPOrocks View Post
I am so excited about going to the Be Our Guest restaurant during our trip in October, because I am a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, but I am trying to figure out if I should plan for my family to go there for Dinner or is the lunch experience pretty much the same as the dinner experience, except that the dinner is more expensive. I really need some advice on this.
We have been several times for lunch, & we arrive at 10:30 stand in line, take pictures, enjoy the view, already looked at menu some of the cast members have so we are ready to order, the turkey sandwich is great, & I liked the quiche too, we always get dessert which all are great. Regardless of day or night the inside is the same, my husband loved this & we ate twice that week. Hope you enjoy!
rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #23
Angela72181
Mouseketeer

Beast Question...

We went to BOG in December last year. We were one of the first crazies to start waiting in line at 9:00 a.m. It was worth it...it was amazing inside. The food was pretty good too.

Now onto my Title Question...Is Beast there for every dinner? I saw a nice big throne in the other room that looked like it might be where he would sit...if possible I wanna try and get in there for Dinner this coming December. I will check the first day we can make reservations...

Rumor had it that he would be there for Dinner BUT then they said it was only periodic that he was there...I SO WANT TO MEET BEAST!!
Angela72181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #24
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

We ate there for dinner 4 night ago. DH though it was one of the best meals we had at disney. When we went for our picture with the Beast after dinner, he was fantastic. He took pics with DS and DD, and when the pictures were take, he took DD by the hand and danced with her - she thought that was pretty awesome.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Just one more thought on the wait at lunch....we went mid-week in early January...the parks were still fairly crowded after New Years, but on the down swing. We got in line at 12:15...crazy right? We were past the bridge and around the corner. Well, from the time we got in line until the time we left was 75 minutes. That included walking around after we ate and using the restrooms. And we took our time eating. I didn't pay attention to exactly how long we waited, but is wasn't more than 30 minutes.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #26
Shell54
DIS Veteran

I too have not been able to get BOG dinner ressie...we're going in June and it is booked solid. I do check daily for cancelations

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #27
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to go there for lunch. We were going to do dinner there, but decided to do HDDR and I needed the extra dining credit so it was an easy decision to just have lunch there instead. I don't mind the wait... I just really want to take in the atmosphere!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #28
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
I am debating this very thing because we will be there in August. I think our plan will be to get a dinner reservation later in our week but try lunch in the beginning and see what the wait looks like.

We have a 4yr old and sit down dinners aren't always a relaxed experience. I much rather do lunch but I realize it will be August and the lunch line might be INSANE. I am OK with a 30min wait or less. Anything else, I will just keep the dinner reservation (which I will probably end up waiting longer and then being annoyed )
Just remember that most of the line is OUTSIDE and uncovered. Meaning in August a 20 minute wait outdoors may be the death of you!! Especially with a potentially exhausted and hungry 4 year old.

We are trying to have a late lunch there in October. We have a character breakfast buffet scheduled for that morning, so we can probably make it to a late lunch (1:45-2pm). I had read somewhere that lunch was served until 2pm and you just had to be in the line by 2. If this is wrong, please advise, because this is my plan of attack. To be in in line at 1:45 for shorter waits.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
erineab
Mouseketeer

Would it be a breach of queue etiquette for one person in the party to get in line to order lunch and have the others join at the table?
erineab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #30
ryansgirl96
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
Would it be a breach of queue etiquette for one person in the party to get in line to order lunch and have the others join at the table?
When we were there last week they would not allow it. The entire party had to be there and they weren't letting people just "walk in" without waiting in line.
ryansgirl96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: