Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #16
JollyHoliday
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie View Post
SAVE 40%*
when you stay 3 nights or more at one of our on-site hotels
This exclusive offer is available only to you with this UNIQUE OFFER CODE:
Travel Dates: April 7 – June 6, 2013
& August 18 – October 3, 2013
(Blockout dates apply: May 24–26, 2013)

Book by: May 5, 2013
This offer is available for a limited time and cannot be booked online.
CALL 1.866.343.5500 TODAY!
They ask you for the name and email attached to your code when you call. Not sure this will work for general public.
JollyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #17
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyHoliday View Post
They ask you for the name and email attached to your code when you call. Not sure this will work for general public.
Oppps..Sorry...you are correct.
The current GP offer is up to 30% off not the 40%

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #18
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
That is a general public code...anyone can use it.

40% off of a Universal resort is = to a 25% off a Disney Resort! Universals hotels are much more expensive then Disney's...
My understanding is that it's a PIN code, not for the general public. Whoever posted it really shouldn't have is what I was told when I called Universal to ask about it. When I called I was told I did not qualify for it, since it was PIN and they would check at check in to see if I qualified. She asked me for my name and email, checked, and then said I did not have this PIN code in my file, so couldn't use it.

40% off at Universal resorts are definitely nothing like 25% off at a Disney Resort. The Universal resorts are deluxe resorts (all within walking distance of both parks and city walk) that you can get for about the same price as a WDW moderate. For our May trip, I currently have a room booked for two nights at RPR for $164.00/night, using an AP discount and it's worth every penny (even though I also have a one bedroom condo at Bonnet Creek booked for $89.60 those same nights. I couldn't change my BC dates without losing out on the great price I had for the ten nights I booked at Bonnet Creek, so that condo will just sit empty the two nights we are over at Univeral, but I still saved money over anything comparable that I could have gotten at any of the Disney resorts and thanks to staying onsite at Universal will also have the front of the line pass for three days--(getting there early on Sunday and leaving late on Tuesday.) Disney offers nothing like that--deluxe resort cheaper than a moderate at WDW and front of the line pass for three days with a two night stay.

I love Disney and am a loyal pass holder, but they are going to have to start offering some better room deals, if they want to lure me back onsite. I use a rental car down there anyway. I can't see paying more for a value resort room (much the less the moderates that I prefer) than what I can get a one bedroom villa for at Bonnet Creek for and I'd still be closer to the parks than alot of the WDW resorts. I can currently use my AP discount and stay cheaper onsite at Universal in a deluxe resort and get front of the line pass, than what I'd be paying for a WDW moderate resort.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-07-2013 at 07:12 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have stayed at all 3 Universal resorts in various levels of rooms/suites...they have not been nicer then the Deluxe resorts we have stayed at with Disney.
We have stayed Cl at every Disney Deluxe and 2 of the Universal resorts. I think the Universal resorts are just as nice or nicer for about 1/2 the cost. I guess it's just a matter of opinion. The Disney Mods are motels not even comparable to a resort. J
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Universal offered a similar discount last year, or in previous years? If so, what were the stay dates? Just wondering if Disney tends to follow suit with discounts and stay dates.

trixiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is a general public code...anyone can use it.

40% off of a Universal resort is = to a 25% off a Disney Resort! Universals hotels are much more expensive then Disney's...
They are also much nicer than the WDW hotels.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have stayed at all 3 Universal Resorts and they are comparable to a Mod. at Disney.
Even club level or the suites we have stayed in.. have in no way compared to any of our stays at any Deluxe Disney resort.
Sorry, you would be in the minority with that opinion. Absolutely no way the WDW Mod resorts compare to HRH and PBH.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #23
KandyM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemuffin View Post
Does anyone know if Universal offered a similar discount last year, or in previous years? If so, what were the stay dates? Just wondering if Disney tends to follow suit with discounts and stay dates.
That is a good question. I would be interested in the answer to that too.
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
KandyM
Mouseketeer

I did a quick search of the universal board and there were posts back in feb/mar of 2012 about 35% off pins. No one seemed to have posted dates though so kind of difficult to compare.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #25
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
That is a good question. I would be interested in the answer to that too.
You can always get up to 30% off With the Stay More Save More offer if you are staying 6 or 7 nights. We had a PIN last year for 40% off only at PBH. We had already booked 9 nights club level at RPR. Basically we could have stayed at PBH club level for the same price. It was tempting, but elected to stick with RPR because we always wanted to stay there and it was much closer to walk to the parks which was important to us. Obviously RPR books up quicker than the more expensive PBH and they were trying to defer some traffic. We really enjoyed the RPR resort itself, but the bigger room at PBH would have been nice for that long of stay.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #26
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have stayed at all 3 Universal Resorts and they are comparable to a Mod. at Disney.
Even club level or the suites we have stayed in.. have in no way compared to any of our stays at any Deluxe Disney resort.
I have to disagree with you. We've stayed at the 3 Universal resorts, and at all Disney moderate and deluxe resorts. IMHO the Universal resorts are more deluxe than the Disney deluxe resorts. The Universal resorts also have the bonus of front of the line so you can easily get lots of time in relaxing at the resort. What the Universal resorts don't have is the space to make you forget the outside world and the cute characters from childhood.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #27
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

I'll just throw some fuel into the fire, if you guys don't mind - we are thinking of staying at the Ritz Carlton for a couple of nights during our December trip - priced out at $279 per night with a breakfast for two each morning and a $100 per night hotel credit (dinner works for us!).

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #28
KandyM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

You can always get up to 30% off With the Stay More Save More offer if you are staying 6 or 7 nights. We had a PIN last year for 40% off only at PBH. We had already booked 9 nights club level at RPR. Basically we could have stayed at PBH club level for the same price. It was tempting, but elected to stick with RPR because we always wanted to stay there and it was much closer to walk to the parks which was important to us. Obviously RPR books up quicker than the more expensive PBH and they were trying to defer some traffic. We really enjoyed the RPR resort itself, but the bigger room at PBH would have been nice for that long of stay.
I guess what me and the other poster were wondering though, is if last year Disney matched in any way the discount pattern of universal. Thereby helping us come up with a guess on Disney's next discount this year.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #29
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
I guess what me and the other poster were wondering though, is if last year Disney matched in any way the discount pattern of universal. Thereby helping us come up with a guess on Disney's next discount this year.
While I'm sure Disney is well aware of what Universal is up to I didn't see any of their promos as a direct response. I received 3 WDW PINS last year, all very similar to the public offers, just a chance to book sooner and some different dates. I see WDW's promos more about their own vacancy rate and filling rooms. Universal has 3 resorts, WDW has over 20.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I just wanted to chime in that I have always been disappointed with the quality of Disney's naming scheme of their hotels. Their "deluxe" is what I would put into a normal hotel with some extra themeing. Nothing more. It makes me think of a 'deluxe' room in certain hotel chains - it just means you weren't cheated on anything! But I suppose anything better would be considered a luxury hotel, such as a Four Seasons or Fairmont. I shudder to think what the price tag on THAT would be!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: