DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #31
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge

Congratulations- I wondered how your search ended up.
I think a month is typical for closing on any timeshare.. I wouldn't be too worried yet
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #32
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Thank you

Hmm interesting. I might call them today then. But my dh is in no rush to close. He said the longer he gets to hold onto his money, the happier he is that we haven't closed yet
How Funny-) My husband is the same way- he didn't wan't to cut the checks for my DVC purchases but the more I keep talking about the recent resale price increases he is glad I made him do it when I did-)
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #33
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
There were new BLT listings up there yesterday. There maintenance sucks, agreed, but there were new listings posted yesterday. Have your contracts been executed yet? If not maybe that is why your listing is still there.
My listing is not there never made it to their official website found it on another website and called. I saw a new BWV today on the other website and its still not on Fidelity's not sure how or why they do that.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #34
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

I posted this on anther thread by mistake - seems like this is the place...

Not having good luck with Fidelity.
Called and talked to Shawn (a couple of weeks ago) in the early morning. I told her I am aware it is a sellers market right now but I want to put in a lower offer on a contract and I want to put in a 48 hour stipulation on it because I don't want to be held up if something else comes along. She said not to worry because this seller will respond quickly. She then said, 'I will get back to you after I speak to her.' and she was going to hang up.
I asked 'How much are you telling her I am offering?' (because I hadn't said the amount yet). She laughed and said 'Yes, I need to know that.'

Needless to say, late in the evening the next night I called to check because I had not heard from her. She had me hold while she went through emails. She said 'She refused and said the offer was too low.' I asked if I could make another higher offer. She said 'Yes' and took the offer. Shawn then said she was going to try to get the woman on the phone this time.
I never heard back but noticed the listing was removed from the site last week.

Last week (it might have been Tuesday but I think it was Wed.) I called her to put an offer in on another contract (I wanted to pay asking price on this one). She was on another line and I was told she would call me back if I left a voice mail.
Still waiting.......
If I see another Fidelity contract I am interested in, is it okay to ask for the other agent (I believe her name is Sharon?) - or is it already assumed I have to deal w/Shawn because she already spoke to me a couple of times? I am not looking to cause an issue among them.

I understand it is busy for them but it still seems like she should be a bit more organized w/customer service. I don't have any confidence in her.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #35
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat

Called and talked to Shawn (a couple of weeks ago) in the early morning. I told her I am aware it is a sellers market right now but I want to put in a lower offer on a contract and I want to put in a 48 hour stipulation on it because I don't want to be held up if something else comes along. She said not to worry because this seller will respond quickly. She then said, 'I will get back to you after I speak to her.' and she was going to hang up.
I asked 'How much are you telling her I am offering?' (because I hadn't said the amount yet). She laughed and said 'Yes, I need to know that.'

Needless to say, late in the evening the next night I called to check because I had not heard from her. She had me hold while she went through emails. She said 'She refused and said the offer was too low.' I asked if I could make another higher offer. She said 'Yes' and took the offer. Shawn then said she was going to try to get the woman on the phone this time.

Last week (it might have been Tuesday but I think it was Wed.) I called her to put an offer in on another contract (I wanted to pay asking price on this one). She was on another line and I was told she would call me back if I left a voice mail.
Still waiting.......
If I see another Fidelity contract I am interested in, is it okay to ask for the other agent (I believe her name is Sharon?) - or is it already assumed I have to deal w/Shawn because she already spoke to me a couple of times? I am not looking to cause an issue among them.

I understand it is busy for them but it still seems like she should be a bit more organized w/customer service. I don't have any confidence in her.
I found calling and emailing Shawn at the same time works with getting a response. And I keep calling if I don't hear back. Yeah it seems like you shouldnt have to do that, but its a seller's market not a buyer's one so you have to be aggressive to get that contract.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #36
gncntry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post

Still waiting.......

I'm dealing with both Shawn and Sharon right now (two different contracts). I don't think you would have to be loyal to Shawn...she hasn't really done anything for you to this point....has she?

POR - 2007, BCV - 2010, SSR- 2011, BWV - 2012, BCV, SSR, BWV - 2013
gncntry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: