Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #886
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I'll certainly post photos when I go! Can't wait to see what the refurb is going to look like.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #887
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Will you at least promise me we'll be the first to know what and when you book? I'd go with The Wave for a great breakfast buffet for the boys, but if you want some great photos, CMs the place.
I will definitely post here as soon as I'm officially booked . I think I'm going to look into the Wave and get opinions from DH and both DSs. We have done CMs every trip since we started going to Disney, but it may be time to try something new (although I do love all of my CM photos ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #888
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
When are you going? David's couldn't reserve a two BR for us at BLT even at the 11 month window. He didn't have enough points for us-Boo!

Request a dedicated two bedroom rather than a lock-off. The lock off is what has the second kitchen. A dedicated bedroom does not have the smaller kitchen in bedroom #2.
I think it's the vice versa. I think the OP wanted the kitchenette, in which case they should request a lockoff instead of dedicated.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #889
princessap
DIS Veteran

This may be outdated info, but it was my understanding that those staying at BLT can use both pools, but those using the CR pools can only use the CR pool. I'm sure there are guests that use both and there is no pool police, unless perhaps if the pools are at capacity. The BLT pool has a key card entry if someone remembers to close the gate.

Thanks Airgoofy. I really wish CM's gave out the right information.

So we have a new dilemma now. My DD is trying out for a competitive dance team. if she makes it we cannot miss any weeks of practice between november and june. so our february trip wouldnt work out. We could go on march break with everyone else or we can wait until September. What does everything think?? is it that much cheaper in September??
Old 04-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #890
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
So we have a new dilemma now. My DD is trying out for a competitive dance team. if she makes it we cannot miss any weeks of practice between november and june. so our february trip wouldnt work out. We could go on march break with everyone else or we can wait until September. What does everything think?? is it that much cheaper in September??
We have gone twice at the very end of September/beginning of October for free dining and we love that time of year. The weather was great as it was hot enough for swimming and enjoying the water parks, but not so hot that it was unbearable walking around the parks. Price wise, September is going to be much cheaper as March is spring break time with peak season pricing. The crowds will also be lighter during September. Good luck to your DD in tryouts and I hope you are able to reschedule your trip for a time that works well for you and your family .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #891
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
September is a great time to go. It is cheaper and the crowd levels are lower. March can be cool for swimming weather. We went three time in September before our dds were school age, now we get a week off in October (Columbus Day) for Fall Break and go then. We will go to Disney on Spring Break, but only when it does not fall during Easter. Our Spring Break is not until the last of March/ first of April. We enjoy Disney then as well, and are planning for a 2014 Spring Break trip there. Good luck in whichever you decide.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #892
princessap
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone...we will know in August if she makes it or not....but with all the input regarding September I am tempted to try that time even if she doesn't make it. Being from Canada we like to go in February to escape our winter here but if September would be more enjoyable that could be an option too...If she does make it I think we will postpone until September for sure.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #893
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
When are you going? David's couldn't reserve a two BR for us at BLT even at the 11 month window. He didn't have enough points for us-Boo!
We are going Jan 10 - Jan 18. he didn't have enough points for me either at the 11 month window so we opted to wait. Availability was there for all views, but not enough points. Then, we lost availability for the standard view and held ground waiting on a Lake View, knowing we still have Beach Club and Boardwalk as plan B. Friday, we finally got confirmation.

Quote:
Request a dedicated two bedroom rather than a lock-off. The lock off is what has the second kitchen. A dedicated bedroom does not have the smaller kitchen in bedroom #2.
We would want the second kitchen. I contacted David's and asked them to contact the owner and see what he had requested if any when the reservations were made. I also requested a lock off at that time. Now, we just have to wait and see.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #894
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I was able to add a night so we now have 11 nights Atrium Club/BLV booked for July-August. DH mentions almost daily that he is really looking forward to our CL stay so that makes me more excited. DD and I stayed CR/CL without him in 2010 while he was deployed, so while he's stayed many times at the CR, this will be his first CL stay there. I think the fact they stock Sam Adams is a big CL selling point

I booked last month, but as is often the case, I haven't heard anything from the IPO yet so I thought I'd ask if there's a new policy. The CM said that they contact 90 days out. They should also still contact guests 180+10 days out if they book that soon, but I booked with less time out than that so presumably they'll contact me at 90 days instead. I know I can contact them, but it's always exciting to get that email from them.

The CM also noticed that my "Far from Chef Mickey's" request had been put in as just "Chef Mickey's". This is why I always confirm my room requests with the IPO since mistakes can happen. He thought maybe it was a dining request. It's all straightened out, thanks to him
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #895
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

I'm staying in a Garden Wing / Garden View room. Does the mini-fridge come stocked with stuff? I'd like to use it for my own items. Can I request that it be cleared out when I check in? Has anyone done this before?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #896
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post
I'm staying in a Garden Wing / Garden View room. Does the mini-fridge come stocked with stuff? I'd like to use it for my own items. Can I request that it be cleared out when I check in? Has anyone done this before?
It's a dorm-style fridge and it will be empty when you check in. In other words, it's not a stocked mini-bar. In the very first post on this thread is a picture of the refrigerators with the door open. Just scan down to the bottom of that first post.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #897
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks everyone...we will know in August if she makes it or not....but with all the input regarding September I am tempted to try that time even if she doesn't make it. Being from Canada we like to go in February to escape our winter here but if September would be more enjoyable that could be an option too...If she does make it I think we will postpone until September for sure.
Good luck to your DD in tryouts .

Quote:
I was able to add a night so we now have 11 nights Atrium Club/BLV booked for July-August. DH mentions almost daily that he is really looking forward to our CL stay so that makes me more excited. DD and I stayed CR/CL without him in 2010 while he was deployed, so while he's stayed many times at the CR, this will be his first CL stay there. I think the fact they stock Sam Adams is a big CL selling point
Yay for adding the extra night . I hope your DH enjoys CR CL.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #898
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Well, I'm off to the CR this Saturday.Of course, I had to check the CR thread one last time before we leave - thanks again to all who contribute. We're very bummed California Grill will be closed - it's our favorite restaurant in WDW, let alone the CR - but we'll make do.

This is easier said than done, but this may be our last trip to WDW for a while. For the amount of money we've been spending on these Disney vacations, I figure I could take the family to many places around the world. I've been thinking I should take the kids to REAL Europe for some culture instead of strolling around the World Showcase . BTW, I said the same thing last year and was overruled by the wife and kids soooo it's very possible we'll be back in 2014. But in case this is it for a while, I'm going to make sure I enjoy every second of my stay at the CR!

Since I've gotten so much info from the Disboards over the years, I thought I'd try to repay my debt by offering this time to gather any CR info/take any photos that anyone may be looking for. So, if you can think of anything you need while I'm down in (hopefully) sunny FL, please let me know. Cheers!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #899
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

mickeynut1: I'm sure the CM got nervous when he saw I was calling with a 'resort reservation change'. Little did he know I was just adding a night. I've not actually changed this reservation - this may be a personal record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post
Welcome to the thread! And, BTW, all the mini fridges are the same in all the CR rooms. I have heard though that when staying on the 14th Tower Club level, they will stock the fridge with some lounge beverages, but as ZZUB posted, it's not a cash/mini bar, just an added convenience for Tower Club level guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi Zhukov View Post
Well, I'm off to the CR this Saturday.Of course, I had to check the CR thread one last time before we leave - thanks again to all who contribute. We're very bummed California Grill will be closed - it's our favorite restaurant in WDW, let alone the CR - but we'll make do.

This is easier said than done, but this may be our last trip to WDW for a while. For the amount of money we've been spending on these Disney vacations, I figure I could take the family to many places around the world. I've been thinking I should take the kids to REAL Europe for some culture instead of strolling around the World Showcase . BTW, I said the same thing last year and was overruled by the wife and kids soooo it's very possible we'll be back in 2014. But in case this is it for a while, I'm going to make sure I enjoy every second of my stay at the CR!

Since I've gotten so much info from the Disboards over the years, I thought I'd try to repay my debt by offering this time to gather any CR info/take any photos that anyone may be looking for. So, if you can think of anything you need while I'm down in (hopefully) sunny FL, please let me know. Cheers!
I would imagine you're both excited and slightly sad that this might be your last trip to WDW for a while. You're not the first (nor last) who compares the money spent there to what it might cost elsewhere. I guess there are just some things about WDW that you can't put a price on, like the special memories and unexpected 'pixie dust' and anticipation of going to someplace familiar, predictable and loved. Yes, there are more exotic locales and less expensive vacations, but in the end, your family chose WDW again this year, so there just may be a Bounceback in your future. Does 'real' Europe have Duffy Bear, rides, meals, shops and personnel from 11 countries all within walking distance? I think not

Thank you for offering to to get info. or photos. We love CG, too (see, there's another reason you need to go back next year) and we'd love for it to be open when we're there in July/August. Maybe a CM would have a better re-opening estimate than 'late summer'? I'm sure we'd all love some photos of the freshened rooms. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #900
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

I booked last month, but as is often the case, I haven't heard anything from the IPO yet so I thought I'd ask if there's a new policy. The CM said that they contact 90 days out. They should also still contact guests 180+10 days out if they book that soon, but I booked with less time out than that so presumably they'll contact me at 90 days instead. I know I can contact them, but it's always exciting to get that email from them.

The CM also noticed that my "Far from Chef Mickey's" request had been put in as just "Chef Mickey's". This is why I always confirm my room requests with the IPO since mistakes can happen. He thought maybe it was a dining request. It's all straightened out, thanks to him
KOOK Congrates on adding a night!!! WOW glad you rechecked your room request that could have been a real problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi Zhukov View Post

Have a safe and magical trip!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: