Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
fairytale
DIS Veteran

Yay, another Trip report to keep me going till our August holiday.

I feel very spoilt at the moment with all these live TR here on the DIS.

Have a magical holiday

Annette
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day! Glad you guys are enjoying it You are getting me really excited for our trip now!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Da

Magic kingdom. Well the mickey call came at 7.30. Was hoping to get to rope drop but after still being a little unadjusted we did not get there till our ressie at CP. food was nice but server was miserable. He presumed we were on ddp but when he realised we were not he was a bit more attentive. Totally different to our server at GFC. He deserved his tip. Nevermind TIW card covered it but I would hv left him 10% if I had not of had the card. Anyway when we came out it was starting to get busy. We headed to tmrw land but SM was a 120 min wait and fastpass was not working hence we missed it. We did stitch and philermagic in a row. We got a FP for little mermaid so headed down to fantasyland and went in the kids soak area as it was sooo hot. We did ariels grotto which my tomboy daughter was actually ok with. Then onto hall of presidents which Richard did on his own. We waited out side. I had a coke float and charlotte had a slush. It was nearly 245 so we sat outside HOP for richard and waited for the parade. It was good but I dont think they have as many floats as they used to. Still good though.
We ate at peco bills before heading to main street to the shops. We had had enough by now. I decided to buy a bracelet with a set of disney charms. I looked at the chamilla charms but did not like them. No where near as nice as pandora. I wanted the castle but the guy said it was discontinued. Charlotte bought more rice crispie things and then we headed back to catch the boat to WLV.
Another busy day but because of the heat we took it steady. Had a storm last night so the pool was closed. We had a snack in the lodge and hired a dvd which we all fell asleep watching lol.
Set our mickey call for 7.00 for a morning visit to epcot ; pool and then DTD in the evening.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Oh just caught up .... sounds as if you're having a FAB time .... funny about the crowds though I'd have thought they'd have died down by now
Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #20
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon
Oh just caught up .... sounds as if you're having a FAB time .... funny about the crowds though I'd have thought they'd have died down by now
Day 3 Epcot
To be honest it was just magic kingdom but after CP it was nearly 1130 when we git going. Just seemed a lit of people about but then im used to going sept nov time. Epcot yesterday was quiet. Did all 3 major rides by 11 and did nemo and living with the seas in-between . We had a look around mousegear marking what we wanted to buy and then headed back to the pool. Very overcast but warm and despite the 50% chance of rain we had none. We headed out to DTD for dinner at Pollo camperro which we all enjoyed. Then t-rex to get charlottes build a dino. A must even for a 10 year old. A late night in bed by 12 . Typhoon and DTD today as we hv a ressie at Trex. Not my choice but things we do for kids! Thanks for reading
Old 04-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
Tony Toon
DIS Veteran

Another Diser here grateful for a live trippe. It's lovely to read about the great time others are having while waiting for your ticker to count down and it certainly sounds like you're having a brillilant time. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs TT
Jan '97 Disneyland Jul 02 - Villa Indian Ridge Oaks Jul 03 - Villa Indian Creek Oct 04 - DLP Jul 05 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 06 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 07 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 08 - 1 wk Fort Myers Beach Condo, 3 wks at (you've guessed it) Villa Indian Creek Oct 08 - birthday trip July/Aug 09 - 4 wks to settle DD in Disney job Oct 09 - Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista. Xmas 09 - Villa Indian Creek. Easter 2010 - Beach Club. Summer '10 - 5 weeks inc cruise on Disney Wonder (wonderful), Jul '11 - Indian Creek.Jul '12 - 2 wks OKW&Indian Creek; Jul '13 POFQ & offsite; Jul '14 SSR & Offsite
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Tony Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #22
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Thanks for reading
Hey no THANKS for taking the time to write It's forever and a day till our next rip so it's lovely to read how other peoples trips are going it's like bringing a bit of the magic to my house every day
Old 04-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #23
TinkerbellW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
. We had had enough by now. I decided to buy a bracelet with a set of disney charms. I looked at the chamilla charms but did not like them. No where near as nice as pandora..
I'm impressed they had chamilla! When we went last year they had a really poor selection of cheap looking ones - came home empty handed

Loving the trippy
January 2005 'Last family trip' - Pop Century May 2007 '1st single parent trip' - Pop CenturyJuly 2010 'My 40th Birthday'- All Star Sports April 2012 'Graduation' - Pop Century July 2013 'Onwards and upwards' - Art Of Animation
July 2015 'We made it back' - Port Orleans French Quarter

TinkerbellW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #24
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Day 3 Epcot
To be honest it was just magic kingdom but after CP it was nearly 1130 when we git going. Just seemed a lit of people about but then im used to going sept nov time.
Went to lunch with CM friends yesterday they were saying Easter week was as busy as expected but this week is far busier than they expected, it usually goes quiet but it hasn't.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
penlanspice
Addicted 2 disney

Sounds like your having a great time alyson, hope your enjoying wilderness lodge. We're in Chicago and its a little chilly! So can't wait to get to Orlando....

Our Dream Disney Wedding - September 19th 2006
WP-WH Room-Living seas - UK Lower
penlanspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #26
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg

Went to lunch with CM friends yesterday they were saying Easter week was as busy as expected but this week is far busier than they expected, it usually goes quiet but it hasn't.
I know. Iv tried to stay away from the main parks the weekend but have AK again today just till 2ish. I have never done half days in the past but have found it really good. Nice to break the day up then head out somewhere later.
We went to typhoon lagoon yesterday but charlotte slept in so we didnt get there till 12. It was very hot but we all really enjoyed it.Richard caught the sun but as he tans eventually and wasnt sore it wasnt a big issue. We left the park at 4.45 and went to dtd for food.ended up in WGP express. Tbh I thought it was expensive for what we had. We had 3 chicken noodle soups $7 each I had kids spag bol richard had turkey sandwich with herb fries and charlotte had a kids salad. With my discount it was $51!!!!!!
Hence to say we wont be eating there again. Next time will be EOS. Their soup was $2.99. After doing design a tee (which ended up being too small!!!!!!! We popped to hess and got a few bits before heading back to the resort. We hired a dvd and once again fell asleep during it. The weather despite saying rain has remained in the 80's and no rain.
When we come back tonight I am going to study nige's advice so I can upload some pics.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #27
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

I would never pay OOP for WFE, great when free on DDP, our bill usually comes to $70-80 for 3 of us, good use of 3 credits compared to other CS.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #28
Tony Toon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
I would never pay OOP for WFE, great when free on DDP, our bill usually comes to $70-80 for 3 of us, good use of 3 credits compared to other CS.
Likewise. Great value on Dining Plan but too expensive OOP by far (even with our TIW).

Mrs TT
Jan '97 Disneyland Jul 02 - Villa Indian Ridge Oaks Jul 03 - Villa Indian Creek Oct 04 - DLP Jul 05 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 06 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 07 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 08 - 1 wk Fort Myers Beach Condo, 3 wks at (you've guessed it) Villa Indian Creek Oct 08 - birthday trip July/Aug 09 - 4 wks to settle DD in Disney job Oct 09 - Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista. Xmas 09 - Villa Indian Creek. Easter 2010 - Beach Club. Summer '10 - 5 weeks inc cruise on Disney Wonder (wonderful), Jul '11 - Indian Creek.Jul '12 - 2 wks OKW&Indian Creek; Jul '13 POFQ & offsite; Jul '14 SSR & Offsite
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Tony Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #29
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Enjoying reading about wdw so far! Making me jealous...
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Toon
Likewise. Great value on Dining Plan but too expensive OOP by far (even with our TIW).

Mrs TT
Tht was with my TIW Tony. You live and learn hey. Off to look at Art of Animation tonight and get something to eat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: