Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #511
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGLakatos View Post
Maybe someone can help or give me insight.....

I emailed Shirley 2 weeks ago and still have not heard any reply at all. Is this the service she generally provides to potential customers?

As you can tell I am a bit annoyed that a simple email could not be returned so, in turn, my perception of her ability to fulfill an order, get it to my stateroom, and charge me correctly are terribly low.

Any suggestions? Is this normal for her?
I called (I never emailed, I only contacted her by phone)
Someone else answered and I asked to speak with Shirley

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #512
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Do we know if Shirley can do a beer gift basket?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #513
Spencerfamily
Mouseketeer

Hi all,
First time posting so please be gentle! We are cruising on the Dream on 22 Dec 13 for the first time, heading over from the UK. I am desperate for a tree or decorations of some description in our room (DD is only 4 and thinks Santa will leave her presents somewhere else and is stressing already! ). Seeing these fantastic spreads by Shirley made me think I may be able to avoid my (planned in my head, not yet revealed to DH!) whistle stop trip around Walmart to grab a tree on way to the port.
Does anyone have pics of Christmas packages Shirley offers and how early they must be ordered? I understand April may be just a LITTLE bit early!
Also, anyone from the UK got tips on how they ordered and paid for things?
Thank you in advance,
Jill
Spencerfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #514
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerfamily View Post
Hi all,
First time posting so please be gentle! We are cruising on the Dream on 22 Dec 13 for the first time, heading over from the UK. I am desperate for a tree or decorations of some description in our room (DD is only 4 and thinks Santa will leave her presents somewhere else and is stressing already! ). Seeing these fantastic spreads by Shirley made me think I may be able to avoid my (planned in my head, not yet revealed to DH!) whistle stop trip around Walmart to grab a tree on way to the port.
Does anyone have pics of Christmas packages Shirley offers and how early they must be ordered? I understand April may be just a LITTLE bit early!
Thank you in advance,
Jill
If you look back on this thread to Nov and Dec, you might find some links to trees available. Disney has one but it is very small and expensive.

I tried to get a little one at Walgreens (a drug store) in Ft Lauderdale a few days before Christmas and was told those trees were long gone. There are only a few that will be allowed - no real tree, no electric lights, etc, so waiting until Port Canaveral may not be a good plan.

However, we were fine in our room without a tree. I put our little stack of gifts on the coffee table, with our stockings from home (it isn't Christmas without our stockings). DCL gives you several gifts. MANY kids had signs on the doors directing Santa to their rooms.

For gifts, think small!

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #515
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerfamily View Post
Hi all,
Thank you in advance,
Jill
Jill, Shirley does really cute DCL approved Christmas decor. You can go to her website and have a looksee and search this thread. She will customise it as close as she can to what you want, as far as little ornaments, etc. She usuallt wants 2 weeks notice, but for Christmas, she may need more. If you are on Facebook, she has a page there, you can message her, too!
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #516
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
Do we know if Shirley can do a beer gift basket?
I believe she can. She does ones with wine also. You'd have to be brand specific.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #517
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm sure if you go back several pages you can find the posts about the trees... I got this pic off of Shirleys FB page (I didn't think she'd mind...) I do remember that you had to order early as these were limited additions...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #518
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

I really wish they had a Shirley clone in Miami, we are sailing this Christmas and I've been looking at different options for what to do.

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #519
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I'm sure if you go back several pages you can find the posts about the trees... I got this pic off of Shirleys FB page (I didn't think she'd mind...) I do remember that you had to order early as these were limited additions...
We got one and it was GREAT!!! You had to order EARLY and they went quick!!! They were $100 but well worth it. It was incredible to come back to the room and see the tree lit and smell the room; she added fresh greens and it smelled like Christmas!!! Would order again in a heartbeat!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #520
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I believe she can. She does ones with wine also. You'd have to be brand specific.

I can be brand specific for sure! Cool! I think having a beer basket waiting in the cabin for my DH will be way more fun than carrying on beer ourselves. Fun!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #521
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGLakatos View Post
Maybe someone can help or give me insight.....

I emailed Shirley 2 weeks ago and still have not heard any reply at all. Is this the service she generally provides to potential customers?

As you can tell I am a bit annoyed that a simple email could not be returned so, in turn, my perception of her ability to fulfill an order, get it to my stateroom, and charge me correctly are terribly low.

Any suggestions? Is this normal for her?
I want to apologize for not answering your email, but I really don't remember seeing it and somtime it goes into my spam and I will delete since my home computer ended up with over 900 virus and had to take it in to be fixed so now I am so careful of what I open especially if it is in the spam folder

Anyhow if you will resend it to snelsonbrown@aol.com, I promise that I will print it and read it and answer it...honest
Again please accept my sincere apology
Always with mucho love
Shirley
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #522
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
I can be brand specific for sure! Cool! I think having a beer basket waiting in the cabin for my DH will be way more fun than carrying on beer ourselves. Fun!
We have all types of beer barrel baskets including the one called "Around The World" that also brings cheese, crackers and sausage....they make up very pretty.

Just give us a call at 800-950-4559 also remember our website www.theperfectgift.cc is being updated and will take a while to get it all fixed up for you.

Thanks for all your patience and love especially during the loss of my little furbaby Tia Maria that so many of you knew...

Hugsssssssssss from me to you......always and forever
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #523
Spencerfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
Jill, Shirley does really cute DCL approved Christmas decor. You can go to her website and have a looksee and search this thread. She will customise it as close as she can to what you want, as far as little ornaments, etc. She usuallt wants 2 weeks notice, but for Christmas, she may need more. If you are on Facebook, she has a page there, you can message her, too!
That's great, thank you so much for the info from everyone. I closed my Facebook page a few years ago but I feel that I may have to get back on with this planning to be done!

I'm definitely going to get a tree and a gift basket/bucket for my 4 year old to have for CC.

Shirley, I will be in touch- most likely via email as call charges from UK could be better put towards some more goodies from you!
Jill
Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #524
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
If you are on Facebook, she has a page there, you can message her, too!
Just to clarify - you don't have to be on FB to view Shirley's stuff. Her page is open to everyone. I'm not on FB & saw pics of the tree. You actually need to call the shop to order anyways!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #525
Spencerfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Just to clarify - you don't have to be on FB to view Shirley's stuff. Her page is open to everyone. I'm not on FB & saw pics of the tree. You actually need to call the shop to order anyways!

That's great- thanks for letting me know!
Jill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: