Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #16
JVig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
I concur with the others on the late dinner. I'd opt for the earlier Ohana meal.

As for H&V and MM/F! I'd do the H&V breakfast since that's the only character meal there. The rest of the time H&V is just a regular buffet with no characters. MM is a nice restaurant and the late lunch/early dinner isn't bad. We did that on our last trip with a H&V/F! at 3:30. I thought it would be too early but it turned out well. My kids were 7 & 4 when we saw F! and they liked it, but everyone is different of course.

The wear and tear factor on kids at Disney is pretty incredible. DD2 is 4 and is on the go ALL the time. She's routinely up at 6am when I go to work and we have a hard time putting her to bed at 8pm. Even after we put her to bed at 8 she usually stays awake until nearly 10. Then she runs all day long and never slows down. A day at Disney though wears her right out. The last trip we took she was asleep at lunch, dinner and passed out right when she got into bed in the room. I wish we had that kind of touch on her at home!

And don't feel bad about being a hoarder. I've got half a dozen ADR's right now and I'm not even sure I'm going to use them. Depends on what promotions get announced.

You'll love AoA to stay at and you've scored some great ADR's at CRT and BOG!
I see in your tag you're going to AoA in August 2013 - we will be there the 17th-24th (not planning to do any parks on travel days though). Will you be there at the same time? Can't wait!
JVig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
rainynight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569

I concur with the others on the late dinner. I'd opt for the earlier Ohana meal.

As for H&V and MM/F! I'd do the H&V breakfast since that's the only character meal there. The rest of the time H&V is just a regular buffet with no characters. MM is a nice restaurant and the late lunch/early dinner isn't bad. We did that on our last trip with a H&V/F! at 3:30. I thought it would be too early but it turned out well. My kids were 7 & 4 when we saw F! and they liked it, but everyone is different of course.

The wear and tear factor on kids at Disney is pretty incredible. DD2 is 4 and is on the go ALL the time. She's routinely up at 6am when I go to work and we have a hard time putting her to bed at 8pm. Even after we put her to bed at 8 she usually stays awake until nearly 10. Then she runs all day long and never slows down. A day at Disney though wears her right out. The last trip we took she was asleep at lunch, dinner and passed out right when she got into bed in the room. I wish we had that kind of touch on her at home!

And don't feel bad about being a hoarder. I've got half a dozen ADR's right now and I'm not even sure I'm going to use them. Depends on what promotions get announced.

You'll love AoA to stay at and you've scored some great ADR's at CRT and BOG!
Yep. I agree. Since our son was just a newborn he's rarely slept more than 7-8 hours a day. He is always so full of energy and can't sit still for more than a few seconds and one day during our trip he fell asleep on daddy's shoulder in the early afternoon and we carried him out the park, on the bus, and back to the room and laid him down and he slept until midnight. It was around 9-10 hours of sleep and that's never happened before in his 4 years of life. And we took it fairy easy always getting there at rope drop and doing an early dinner and heading back to the room and he was still so wore out.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My daughter is frequently up at 9 pm or later (on weekend nights anyways) so I thought she could handle it
Being up that late is one thing. Eating dinner that late is totally different. You would almost certainly have to feed her well before that, and then she might not be hungry for the dinner.

Now, if you're coming from the Pacific timezone, or, better, Hawaii, then you've got a time difference that will make the 9pm ADR pretty good that early in the trip. If not, then no.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #19
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

I agree that ADR is too late for eating. I'd keep the earlier one.

We didn't enjoy Le Cellier much at all. I would rather spend two credits at a better signature.

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: