Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
All Star Sports needs a better acronym...lol
omg you're right, I never thought of that!!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
JeannieKY
Tink fan

I stayed in a deluxe hotel, BC, my 1st visit and have since stayed at POFQ 3x, WL 2x, and all the values except AOA. I love the values! You will wonder what you were ever worried about after one day! Have a great trip! AS Sports was being refurbished in January too by the way so it should be fresh.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #18
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

The first time my wife and I went to WDW, about 10 years ago, we stayed at the Sports resort. We didn't like it. The walls where super thin. You could hear everything. From people walking on the walkway in front of the door, to someone opening a can of pop in the room next door. The only good thing about it, besides the cheap price, it was clean. Now since we have been to the deluxe WDW resorts, we will never do a value one.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #19
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I know how you feel..

Now granted the first several yrs we stayed on site we stayed at ASMO, POP & ASMU we decided to splurge one yr on the Poly when we got a good RO code & that led to upgrading to CL then going back the next yr to Poly CL, staying CR & GF CL, BC CLso now this yr I got laid off my normal 9-5 job ( I'm also a TA) & we are lucky to be able to go back for our 5 yr anniversary in Sept. I have POFQ booked but if FD doesn't come out will need to downgrade to AsMU! We stayed here 3 other times & it's our fave value so I'm very grateful we can at least go but OMG will I miss the poly & GF!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #20
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

You will be fine. I stayed at All Star Music and surprisingly after a couple days it really grew on me that I liked it very much. The room is small but it matches the price. The maid service was really good and staff so helpful. I loved the showers at the pool as they had two shower heads in one shower so I could have my disabled daughter shower so easily. This is a feature the boardwalk resort did not have at all. The contemporary came close.

You get the same Disney service and FL sunshine. And the most pleasant surprise will be your bill.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #21
Kristen K
Earning My Ears

I'm a Disney Deluxe girl and stayed at AoA last October.

I can say that there was nothing wrong with the hotel, our room was small but cute and clean. Housekeeping was excellent, as was every cast member there I encountered. I would do it again if I had too, but I'll never make a habit of it.

I looked at it this way, value Disney is better than no Disney.
Kristen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #22
jadelane1
Mouseketeer

We have stayed in the Sports a couple of times. It's fine, never had a problem. The pools are not as nice as the moderate or the deluxe but we never spend that much time in them anyway. My kids loved the characters in the courtyards and the theming. The GF was a little stuffy for me. This time we are staying at the CBR. Try to look at it as an adventure. I like moving around and trying new things. I would just give everyone a heads up so they are not disappointed with the pools when they get there. Have a great time!!!
jadelane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #23
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

ASSp is undergoing a refurbishment. All new carpeting, beds, paint etc. As a PP said, sometimes busses are shared other times not. I look at it as part of the adventure, are we turning left or right. Turning left, you are going directly to the park. Turning right, the bus is going to pick up people at the other resorts. ASSp is the first stop when shared. Buses have multiple stops at deluxe resorts, so it really isn't any different. My family stayed there in November and plan to return in August.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #24
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I have never stayed at ASsp or any value but I have seen many say they love ASsp. One bus stop and being 1st stop is a plus. Enjoy your trip.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #25
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I own DVC at both BWV and BLT...so obviously, I love the deluxes. BUT, having said that? I'm heading to WDW in 48 days, with my 19 y/o dd. And we are spending 4 nights at AS Music and then over to AoA-LM for 2 nights.
The values are fine. No, they don't have the beautiful theming the deluxe resorts do. They don't have the slides at the pools, or the table service restaurants. But really? So what. They are clean and a very good value....at least for WDW!
The walls aren't all that much different than any other resort. I have heard more from my next door neighbors at deluxe resorts than at value resorts! Yes, you hear people walking by your door, but I hear that at BWV as well.

You will enjoy your stay as long as you realize that you are staying at a value resort. Lower your expectations and you'll be fine. The buses are wonderful...much better than at the deluxe resorts!!! You have a food court..if you don't care for the one at Sports, take a walk next door to Music and see if you like theirs better. Or walk over to Movies. We're planning on visiting the other two values while we're at Music!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: