Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto27 View Post
I'll put my vote in for Donald's Breakfast Safari. There is such a wide variety of choices for breakfast, great character interaction and I love the location. Come out from breakfast in the morning and jump right on Kilamanjaros Safari.

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #17
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

We love Crystal Palace...everything about it. At first, since we aren't huge Pooh fans, we thought we'd just go for the pretty setting and decent buffet, but it's become such a family favorite of ours. The character interaction is, hand's down, one of the best we've had. Most characters came around twice (stopped twice, I should say) and after that we just sort of waved as they passed by so they could spend more time with those guests they hadn't seen yet. The restaurant is beautiful and we really like the french toast puffs. Man, I drool just thinking about the french toast!!!

We have done Donald's breakfast only once, when it was still at Restaurantosaurus, but are planning on going in October again. It was great last time, hoping for more of the same. I and my DD liked the princess breakfast at Askerhus in Epcot. Though the whole process was a bit rushed, the food was good and the inside of the castle was gorgeous. Plus, Belle greets her guests before you eat and my DD being a huge Belle fan, well, it was magical for her! DH thought the family style eggs/meat was not enough food and even though they advertise it as an all you can eat meal, it wasn't very easy to request more food. The cold buffet that accompanies it was good, but again, my DH loves his breakfast food and this just wasn't enough for him.

Used to like Chef Mickey's, but since we pay OOP the price has really gotten out of control for our family of 4. I feel it's gone down hill in recent years and am disappointed at how rushed the character interactions have been. Not to mention your $30 photo package is of you with a Mickey STATUE!!! We may go back some time, but are wanting to try out some other options.

Hope this helps!
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Our Ratings of The Wave (Breakfast Buffet): (rev 1/6/2013)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: This is a new location for a breakfast buffet. The buffet has
significantly increased its variety, and now is very much worth the visit.
At just under $20 per adult, it is extremely reasonable for a WDW
buffet. For breakfast, it's probably the best-kept dining secret.
it has Mickey waffles and delicious sweet potato pancakes. They use
local fresh fruit and vegetables. For those with a smaller appetite, one
can do the usual ala carte breakfast menu.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House is by far the best character breakfast buffet on property, in our opinion. Always a must do and a great way to start your AK day!

DD1 (13), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #20
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anf002 View Post
Boma is incredible. The number of food choices is wonderful. There is an excellent video on YouTube that shows the entire buffet. It's I'd worth checking out.

Thank you for posting this, I am going to look up that video. I've heard so many good things about the Boma breakfast, plus I've always wanted an opportunity to visit AKL. I have been trying to decide on a good breakfast buffet for us to do on our check out day and I think Boma will be at the top of our list since AKL is close to where we are staying too
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #21
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

I like Crystal Palace. Cape May is good too, and the characters (only Minnie, Donald, and Goofy) are cute in their beachwear. When we went to Cape May, we had a later reservation and went to HS first to ride Toy Story Mania a few times and then hopped over to the World Showcase after we ate. Late breakfasts are nice because you're still full at lunch and can just have a snack or two until dinner, which helps out with Disney buffets being kinda pricy.
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #22
pinkvol7
Mouseketeer

Cape May is our favorite breakfast spot!! We are eating there our first morning then hopping over to Epcot. Great breakfast and the characters are great. My DS fave is Goofy and he loves going there to see him!!
pinkvol7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #23
Travellife
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know where I can possibly find a complete list of all items on the breakfast buffet at both Crystal Palace and Tusker House? Traveling with several picky eaters and we've never done a breakfast buffet at Disney but since we have the dining plan decided to give one a try this time. I had no idea choosing would be so hard!

Travellife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #24
maryandtyson
Mouseketeer

We go to both CP and TH on every trip. I think the food quality is similar but the juice and coffee are better at TH. I would decide based on characters. My DD11 was obsessed with Eeyore when younger, so CP was a must and now it's a tradition. Boma is our fave restaurant on property, breakfast or dinner. AKL is so cool! But I don't know that I'd make a special trip for breakfast. The great thing about CP and TH is getting a pre-park opening time slot that puts you inside the park before it opens. I don't think you can really go wrong here. We ate at Cape May when we stayed at BC and were not impressed with any of it: food, service or characters, all just okay.

maryandtyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #25
clapton
Mouseketeer

We tried TH for the first time his year and loved it! The food was excellent, great variety. You won't be disappointed!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #26
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I am not a fan of Tusker House. We like CP and 'Ohana (served family style and no omelette station, so probably not something you'll want to consider).

I would actually consider switching to dinner and going to Garden Grill at Epcot. Best character interaction hands down!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

We've tried breakfast a Tusker House/Donald's, Cape May, and Boma (all buffets) and Boma blows all of them out of the water as far as I'm concerned. The choices at Boma are plentiful........love the omlet station and everything else!!!! The last time we ate there(last December) we spent 2 hours eating and eating. An added bonus is looking at AKL a beautiful resort.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #28
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellife View Post
Does anyone know where I can possibly find a complete list of all items on the breakfast buffet at both Crystal Palace and Tusker House? Traveling with several picky eaters and we've never done a breakfast buffet at Disney but since we have the dining plan decided to give one a try this time. I had no idea choosing would be so hard!

You may want to start a thread with your question so it gets answered for sure. I don't have the answer I'm sorry.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
Bree
DIS Veteran

Tusker House was the best breakfast buffet followed by Crystal Palace when we went a few years ago. I have yet to try Boma since my DH is such a huge grump when it comes to visiting Disney. I had to draaaaaaaaaaggggg him to Sanaa (even though Indian is most favorite food ever) and he said no way will he go out of his way like that again (we were staying at BLT with a rental car!) just to eat at a restaurant. So someday when I have my dream trip sans husband I will stuff my face at Boma

Bree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #30
Kristina685
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellife View Post

This website has a list of menus for all parks and resorts. It may help you out.
http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus

WDW Vacations:
1995 CBR
2000 Off Site
2014 POR Riverside
2015 TBD
Kristina685 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: