Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

So glad to have found your dining review.

My mom had 2 screws and a plate put in her ankle 20 years ago and now she's doing great. Hope you recover just as well as she has!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #18
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I remember your last reviews! Good to see you back and doing more reviews!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

Looking forward to reading your reviews. I also remember your last trip/reviews and thoroughly enjoyed reading them.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
So glad to have found your dining review.

My mom had 2 screws and a plate put in her ankle 20 years ago and now she's doing great. Hope you recover just as well as she has!
Sounds like she had a bad break. I had tendon damage and that takes longer to heal. By now, I wish I HAD broken it. I think it would be better by now if I had broken it. My doctor it would take a year and it looks like he is right ...darn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
I remember your last reviews! Good to see you back and doing more reviews!
Yay !! Glad to have you reading along !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
Looking forward to reading your reviews. I also remember your last trip/reviews and thoroughly enjoyed reading them.
I am so happy you are here !! I have started a TR as well. Same title. Come join me there !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in!
Thanks for following along !!
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
jecskc
DIS Veteran

March 31, 2013

Waffle House

One the way to Disney (we drive) we stopped at Waffle House for breakfast.

The kids love this place, but it think it is dirty and seedy. The food is pretty good though, so I tolerate it. In college we called it the Awful Waffle.

The kids always order way too much food, so I just ordered some rain toast to eat while I waited for them to get full. I ended up with a full waffle, some bacon and some hash browns that they couldn't eat.

Here is the only photo I took.

I promise I have tons more photos, so stick with me. The food was good, the waffles were great, but I felt like I needed a bath when left.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
jecskc
DIS Veteran

March 31, 2013 - Lunch

Wolfgang Puck Express

We were on the dining plan for the first five days. We always try to get to Wolfgang Puck’s because I believe it is the best counter service value in Disney. COUNTER SERVICE y’all !!!

You order at the counter and then get a number.

You take it to your table and then a waiter brings your food. They will get you refills as well. We always get the same thing because when we find something that works, we stick with it.

DH and I split the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf and as always it was delicious.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf - mashed potatoes, port wine sauce and crispy onion rings $15

I always take the bacon off my portion because I just prefer it without. The rest is very yummy though. The onion straws are particularly amazing.

The meatloaf is really good and the port wine sauce adds a nice element to the dish. It is much better than gravy, I think. We share this because it is plenty for two people. Plus, if we share a meal each time we eat, we can extend out dining credits and get more out of our plan.

We got the cheesecake for dessert.

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake $5

I love this cheesecake. It has a crème brulee like crust on top and the cheesecake itself is light and very creamy. It isn’t heavy and dense like some cheesecakes are. Not that that is a bad thing …. This one is just really good.

The kids each got a chicken tenders platter

Crispy Chicken Tenders and French Fries $12

These are your basic Disney chicken tenders. Good and crispy and kid friendly. They give them plenty, so no one left hungry.

DD got a brownie for dessert

DS got a sugar cookie which he scarfed down before I could take a photo.
This is a place I highly recommend. They seem to have an excellent breakfast menu as well, but we never seem to make it over there for breakfast.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #24
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
March 31, 2013 - Lunch

Wolfgang Puck Express

We were on the dining plan for the first five days. We always try to get to Wolfgang Puck’s because I believe it is the best counter service value in Disney. COUNTER SERVICE y’all !!!

You order at the counter and then get a number.

You take it to your table and then a waiter brings your food. They will get you refills as well. We always get the same thing because when we find something that works, we stick with it.

DH and I split the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf and as always it was delicious.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf - mashed potatoes, port wine sauce and crispy onion rings $15

I always take the bacon off my portion because I just prefer it without. The rest is very yummy though. The onion straws are particularly amazing.

The meatloaf is really good and the port wine sauce adds a nice element to the dish. It is much better than gravy, I think. We share this because it is plenty for two people. Plus, if we share a meal each time we eat, we can extend out dining credits and get more out of our plan.

We got the cheesecake for dessert.

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake $5

I love this cheesecake. It has a crème brulee like crust on top and the cheesecake itself is light and very creamy. It isn’t heavy and dense like some cheesecakes are. Not that that is a bad thing …. This one is just really good.

The kids each got a chicken tenders platter

Crispy Chicken Tenders and French Fries $12

These are your basic Disney chicken tenders. Good and crispy and kid friendly. They give them plenty, so no one left hungry.

DD got a brownie for dessert

DS got a sugar cookie which he scarfed down before I could take a photo.
This is a place I highly recommend. They seem to have an excellent breakfast menu as well, but we never seem to make it over there for breakfast.

Love WPE and you should try to make it for breakfast...it is excellent and the portions are gigantic. You can definitely split meals at breakfast too.

Jill in CO
Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Love WPE and you should try to make it for breakfast...it is excellent and the portions are gigantic. You can definitely split meals at breakfast too.

Jill in CO
We have planned to go there for breakfast in the past, but have never gotten over there in time. I really want to try it because the photos I have seen look amazing. One day !!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
March 31, 2013

Waffle House

One the way to Disney (we drive) we stopped at Waffle House for breakfast.

The kids love this place, but it think it is dirty and seedy. The food is pretty good though, so I tolerate it. In college we called it the Awful Waffle.

The kids always order way too much food, so I just ordered some rain toast to eat while I waited for them to get full. I ended up with a full waffle, some bacon and some hash browns that they couldn't eat.

Here is the only photo I took.

I promise I have tons more photos, so stick with me. The food was good, the waffles were great, but I felt like I needed a bath when left.
I love me some Waffle House! I don't even care that my bathroom is probably cleaner than the kitchen LOL. The hasbrowns are my fave. I get them covered in cheese with jalepenos, tomatoes, ham and onions. YUM!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #27
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I love me some Waffle House! I don't even care that my bathroom is probably cleaner than the kitchen LOL. The hasbrowns are my fave. I get them covered in cheese with jalepenos, tomatoes, ham and onions. YUM!
I love their waffles and hashbrowns. How does the waitress shout out that order?? "Scattered, covered, smothered with some heat ??" I would need 2 zantac after those. They sound good though !!

Susan
Old 04-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #28
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Being dirty must be the theme that Waffle House is going for! I've yet to be in any that's clean. I would always pick something over WH but my mother likes it. They finally brought them up north and we have one in southwest PA. It too was dirty. I'm telling you, just like 50s Prime Time has a theme, Waffle House's theme is dirty. Apparently it works for them!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
Being dirty must be the theme that Waffle House is going for! I've yet to be in any that's clean. I would always pick something over WH but my mother likes it. They finally brought them up north and we have one in southwest PA. It too was dirty. I'm telling you, just like 50s Prime Time has a theme, Waffle House's theme is dirty. Apparently it works for them!
Sometimes I wonder how they pass health inspection, seriously .....
Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #30
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder how they pass health inspection, seriously .....
"Now if you've never been to a Waffle House, just imagine a gas station restroom that serves waffles." Jim Gaffigan

I actually like Waffle House and so do my ILs. I am from CA and my BFF from CA was dying to go to one when she visited us in GA. I took her to the "original" one in Decatur (the original one is a museum but this one is down the street from the original) the first time she visited. Th next time I took her to one closer to our new house in the 'burbs. She was actually disappointed how clean everything was...not ghetto enough

I really like their raisin toast with apple butter though.

Thanks for the reviews! I am following along!
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: