Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #721
POLY1985
DIS Veteran
 
POLY1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 888

Love the suitcase!!! You know everyone reading this report now wants one too!
__________________

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
POLY1985 is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #722
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran
 
dawnbu40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: too far from the castle
Posts: 5,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Love the suitcase!!! You know everyone reading this report now wants one too!


Thank you! I got it from Burlington Coat Factory's online store. It was considerably cheaper through them than Amazon
__________________


dawnbu40 is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #723
Deemarch
DIS Veteran
 
Deemarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 1,399

Poly1985 is right!

I love it! May have to got and check it out!!
__________________
Denise - DVC member since 2003 - Home Resort SSR


Deemarch is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #724
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,659

When we last left off we were over in Fantasyland and heading to our next destination to go meet the princesses! I had never met Rapunzel or Flynn Ryder so that was on my to do list for the party!

When we got there the line was super long! I think we ended up waiting an hour for them. In line my hormones started acting up. I am not proud of it but this would be mine and Andrew's first married fight. Andrew hadn't called or contacted anyone since we got married. He isn't too close with his family but our marriage was up on Facebook and I thought he should contact someone. Well bringing that up in line for the princesses was not the best time. Things got heated pretty quickly and Andrew stormed off until we were almost inside.

Luckily there were princesses to help soothe the storm and we look happy in these pics anyway.








Next was Snow White






We had to get the whole family in this one because Grandpa loves Snow White!



Cinderella was up next and the Prince told me everyone only comes to meet Cinderella never him.




Here is a picture of Andrew's sock



It was cute when families would start yelling 23-19 23-19 but there were some people who just didn't get it

Mom and Andrew stayed back in the shop to talk while Grandpa and I went to grab a spot for the parade. Andrew ended up in a pretty intense bean bag throwing game.




Just look at that form

I was so excited for MNSSHP at night! With this new camera I was hoping I would get some good shots!









The parade was delayed due to rain so I had plenty of time for pictures




At one point mom went and got everyone some candy from the store and it cheered us up a bit.



I love this one!


Finally the parade started sans Headless Horseman which was a huge disappointment












__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #725
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,659









Super favorite picture ever!!!!!!!!!!





Can I just say I love this camera?!







MMMM Jack Sparrow









The Country Bears because there has to be a part of every Disney parade that doesn't quite make sense.

























__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #726
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,659



After the parade we didn't have much time to find a spot for the fireworks but we got one right in the middle of Main Street. I had been waiting a long time to see this but this would be another time where people were rude to the wheel chair. Right at the last minute a big group of people decided to stand right in front of us. I know that there is a special place for wheel chairs to watch the fireworks but we just didn't have time to find it and there were spots all over the place these people did not need to stop right in front of us. I got pretty upset at this point. It was frustrating not being in control of where I could go and having people be so rude. This would definitely contribute to my attitude for the night.

Here are some okay shots from the fireworks





























Afterwards I tried to get as close to the stage as possible for the Villians show. I was very excited about this and luckily everyone was sitting down right now...





Just before the start Andrew came over to talk and I asked him if we could wait till after because I really wanted to see this. Mistake number two for hormonal Caitlin. Andrew stormed off and then everyone decided to stand at the last minute. A dad in front of me turned around and mouthed sorry while he picked up his son to sit on his shoulders. Well at least he knew he was being a jerk.

After that was over mom came and grabbed me so I could meet my favorite prince!



Okay well maybe he isn't a prince but in all fairness I think Belle was a little confused during the movie. I actually used to ask my mom why Belle picked Beast over Gaston when I was little


And that ends the pictures for the night. Grandpa and I tried to get over to meet Jack Sparrow but he wasn't out and then when we tried to go ride the Haunted Mansion the parade had started and there was no way we would be able to get from Adventureland to Liberty Square with a wheel chair. Another aaahhh I hate this wheel chair moment for me.

After we left the park we ended up getting lost again. This time our destination ended up being Celebration. Once we got turned around and back to our room Andrew and I were exhausted and angry. After an hour of heated discussion we made up and this time I got to cuddle with my husband before falling asleep
__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #727
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Great pics!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #728
MagicShell
DIS Veteran
 
MagicShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Posts: 1,503

Sorry you had a bad night, but you did get some beautiful fireworks shots!
__________________
1996 Dixie Landings, 2000 All-Star Movies, 2004 Off-Site
2006 Off-Site, Dec. 2008 Pop Century


Me DH DD DS
MagicShell is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #729
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Sorry you had a bad night, but you did get some beautiful fireworks shots!
It was a rough night but its easy to get overwhelmed at Disney.
Thank you!
__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #730
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RunningGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,480

Considering how poorly you were feeling, you did really well to get through that night! MNSSHP looks cool - I'd like to do it just for the parade. But, of course, I'd stake out a spot nice and early only to have someone plop their child right in front of me as the parade started. My luck is similar to yours as far as getting behind rude people!
RunningGirl is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #731
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Considering how poorly you were feeling, you did really well to get through that night! MNSSHP looks cool - I'd like to do it just for the parade. But, of course, I'd stake out a spot nice and early only to have someone plop their child right in front of me as the parade started. My luck is similar to yours as far as getting behind rude people!
I tried!
It was actually nice being in a wheel chair during that because there was no room for someone in front of me
__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #732
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!
 
pkondz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
I had never met Rapunzel or Flynn Ryder so that was on my to do list for the party! ...
I think we ended up waiting an hour for them.
You have more patience then I do. I bet you handled it well though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
In line my hormones started acting up.
oh.


nevermind.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
I am not proud of it but this would be mine and Andrew's first married fight.
Trust me on this... there's always a first one, there's never a last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
He isn't too close with his family but our marriage was up on Facebook and I thought he should contact someone. Well bringing that up in line for the princesses was not the best time.
There probably isn't a "best time" for that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Caption:
Caitlin: "We just got married... and had our first fight at Disney!"
Rapunzel: "Gasp!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
We had to get the whole family in this one because Grandpa loves Snow White!
Who doesn't??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Cinderella was up next and the Prince told me everyone only comes to meet Cinderella never him.
I wonder how it feels...

Prince: "Hi! I'm Prince Charming!"
Rabid Tourist: "Yeah, yeah. Outta my way, buddy. I need Cindy's autograph."
Prince:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
It was cute when families would start yelling 23-19 23-19 but there were some people who just didn't get it
I would've been one of those. It's been a loooooong time since I've seen the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
[/B]
Got yer game face on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post

I was so excited for MNSSHP at night! With this new camera I was hoping I would get some good shots!
And you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
At one point mom went and got everyone some candy from the store and it cheered us up a bit.
Candy does that, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Finally the parade started sans Headless Horseman which was a huge disappointment
That's too bad. It's the highlight of the parade for me. Plus he's notoriously difficult to photograph. I was looking forward to seeing how you'd do.

Guess you'll just have to go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Can I just say I love this camera?!
Sure!

Go ahead.


I'm waiting...

Any time now.....


Hello? Still waiting over here.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
The Country Bears because there has to be a part of every Disney parade that doesn't quite make sense.
In the parade world, that's known as "filler".

Either that or someone said, "Ooooh. Bears. Scary-boo."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Right at the last minute a big group of people decided to stand right in front of us.
Of course they did. They paid good money to see the fireworks you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Just before the start Andrew came over to talk and I asked him if we could wait till after because I really wanted to see this. Mistake number two for hormonal Caitlin.
Ah... Newlyweds.

You'll learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
A dad in front of me turned around and mouthed sorry while he picked up his son to sit on his shoulders. Well at least he knew he was being a jerk.
OMG. Really?

Really?

So it's okay to do something completely unacceptable as long as you say "sorry" first?

You should have mouthed, "no problem" back at him as you rammed your wheelchair into his shin... over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
I actually used to ask my mom why Belle picked Beast over Gaston when I was little


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
And that ends the pictures for the night.
Pictures? There were pictures?


Must've missed 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
After we left the park...
Hold it!

HOLD IT!!!!

You didn't go Trick or Treating?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
we ended up getting lost again. This time our destination ended up being Celebration.
Andrew, thinking, "Uh, huh. Disney expert. Sure. Uh, huh."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
After an hour of heated discussion we made up and this time I got to cuddle with my husband before falling asleep
Yay! A happy ending!
Thanks for the chapter Caitlin!


ps: still waiting....
__________________
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice. - Allan Arbus as Dr. Sidney Freedman - RIP

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!



1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #733
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
You have more patience then I do. I bet you handled it well though!



oh.


nevermind.





Trust me on this... there's always a first one, there's never a last one.


ain't that the truth

There probably isn't a "best time" for that sort of thing.


Yes but in Disney definitely not the best time

Caption:
Caitlin: "We just got married... and had our first fight at Disney!"
Rapunzel: "Gasp!!"

I did one up her though our fight didn't end with Andrew getting smacked by a frying pan


Who doesn't??



I wonder how it feels...

Prince: "Hi! I'm Prince Charming!"
Rabid Tourist: "Yeah, yeah. Outta my way, buddy. I need Cindy's autograph."
Prince:

Poor prince men always get overshadowed by their princess

I would've been one of those. It's been a loooooong time since I've seen the movie.



Got yer game face on.

That picture cracks me up every time

And you did!



Candy does that, doesn't it?



That's too bad. It's the highlight of the parade for me. Plus he's notoriously difficult to photograph. I was looking forward to seeing how you'd do.

Guess you'll just have to go again.


I hope to at some point maybe next year

Sure!

Go ahead.


I'm waiting...

Any time now.....


Hello? Still waiting over here.......


I love this camera!!!!!!!!!!

In the parade world, that's known as "filler".

Either that or someone said, "Ooooh. Bears. Scary-boo."



Of course they did. They paid good money to see the fireworks you know!


Lol they did didn't they

Ah... Newlyweds.

You'll learn.


I hope so I feel that it may take a while lol

OMG. Really?

Really?

So it's okay to do something completely unacceptable as long as you say "sorry" first?

You should have mouthed, "no problem" back at him as you rammed your wheelchair into his shin... over and over again.

It was a rough night to say the least






Pictures? There were pictures?


Must've missed 'em.



Hold it!

HOLD IT!!!!

You didn't go Trick or Treating?!?!?!?


Nope we need a redo bad"

Andrew, thinking, "Uh, huh. Disney expert. Sure. Uh, huh."



Yay! A happy ending!
Thanks for the chapter Caitlin!


ps: still waiting....
Thanks for reading
__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #734
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,776

Great pictures!
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #735
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Great pictures!
Thank you!
__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: