Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #151
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyB View Post
We would also like to participate in the fish extenders. There is just the 3 of us. Our DD is 11.
Yay! I hope we get one organized soon.
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #152
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post
Yay! I hope we get one organized soon.
Me too....there is not that much people on this thread but I read someone having to give like 75 FE out. That would be too much for me to bring stuff all the way from Hawaii. I would need another suit case....lol.

I don't mind organizing one but I don't know where to even start. I will check the other threads to see if there is someone that would help me get started or I will try to look it up.

Do you guys think we should do it for everyone or just the kids?
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #153
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post
Me too....there is not that much people on this thread but I read someone having to give like 75 FE out. That would be too much for me to bring stuff all the way from Hawaii. I would need another suit case....lol.

I don't mind organizing one but I don't know where to even start. I will check the other threads to see if there is someone that would help me get started or I will try to look it up.

Do you guys think we should do it for everyone or just the kids?
I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I'm trying to post something and it tells me that I have not made 10 posts - so I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to try and get my 10 posts in. Thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #154
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

I'm testing to see if I can post.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #155
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Aloha everyone! I have been waiting to see if anyone is organizing a fish extender for our cruise. But it seems like our thread has had a slow start. I'm willing to jump all in and get this thing going! This is my first Disney Cruise, my second cruise overall (last one was 22 years ago) and only just discovered DISboards last week. I'm still unsure of how this site works, but I will try my best to navigate these waters.

I checked on some other sailings before and after us and they all seem to have been working on organizing their FE exchange for quite some time. I counted the number of people here on our thread and there are 17 of us. Isn't it such a small group? I wonder why? Well any way, the important thing is that we are all here and ready to go on this awesome cruise so lets get this FE going! Please message me if you have any ideas or suggestions on how we can encourage more people to join our thread.

I am going to ask that if you are interested in participating to sign up by April 21. I would like to have at least 12 cabins signed up. If on the 21st its less than that, I will cancel this FE and do a small exchange with my family (we have 3 cabins).

So if you are interested in joinig this M.U.F.E. - Monsters University Fish Extender, please provide the following information on this message and lets see how we do! Give me a M - m, Give me a U - u, Give me a F -f, Give me a E - e, Goooooo Teammmmm!

DIS Name: 808MauiMama
People in Cabin: Myself-50, DH-48, DS-21, DD-18
Cabin # - 5144
Special Occasion: 22nd Anniversary
Where from: Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #156
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aloha everyone! I have been waiting to see if anyone is organizing a fish extender for our cruise. But it seems like our thread has had a slow start. I'm willing to jump all in and get this thing going! This is my first Disney Cruise, my second cruise overall (last one was 22 years ago) and only just discovered DISboards last week. I'm still unsure of how this site works, but I will try my best to navigate these waters.

I checked on some other sailings before and after us and they all seem to have been working on organizing their FE exchange for quite some time. I counted the number of people here on our thread and there are 17 of us. Isn't it such a small group? I wonder why? Well any way, the important thing is that we are all here and ready to go on this awesome cruise so lets get this FE going! Please message me if you have any ideas or suggestions on how we can encourage more people to join our thread.

I am going to ask that if you are interested in participating to sign up by April 21. I would like to have at least 12 cabins signed up. If on the 21st its less than that, I will cancel this FE and do a small exchange with my family (we have 3 cabins).

So if you are interested in joinig this M.U.F.E. - Monsters University Fish Extender, please provide the following information on this message and lets see how we do! Give me a M - m, Give me a U - u, Give me a F -f, Give me a E - e, Goooooo Teammmmm!

Cabin # - 5144
Early or Late Dining: Early
Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #157
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Cabin # - 5144
Much Mahalo's for taking lead on this....this is so awesome and I hope we get enough. It sounds like so much fun to do. I just get so excited reading all the other posts and seeing all the things they do on Disney Cruises. This is my DH and I 4th cruise to Alaska but first time on DCL with our DS. Our last cruise was 17 years ago so we are sooo excited.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.....

Here is my info....

DIS Name: LvCruzin
People in Cabin: Myself-50, DH-52, DS-3
Cabin # - 2517
Special Occasion: 28th Anniversary
Where from: Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii
Early Dining
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #158
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
So I had map quested the walk from Canada Place to Stanley Park, and it probably is about twenty minutes to get to the gate. To walk all the way to the aquarium is a couple of miles. DD could probably handle it one way. It is about a ten dollar cab fare one way. It looks like the trolley doesn't start running until June 21.

I hope they serve hot breakfast in port. We are NOT early risers. We booked late morning and early afternoon excursions. I don't want to be a cranky yell machine on vacation.
Thanks for sharing the info!! 20 mins is completely do-able!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
I think you can find plenty of neat things to do for free. Even walking through parts of Stanley Park are neat. The beach is pretty cool. It was funny for this Florida girl to see trees washed up all over the beach, and rocks! Rocks on beaches! Unheard of....

I downloaded a free iPad app called triposo - it's pretty much like having a travel guide to almost any city you can think of. Search Vancouver and tons of stuff pops up, it might help

Alaska is in there too - not each city, just one entry for the state! But it's informative. Lots of great ideas!

Ok - bear with me for this one. You'll need a map of Vancouver. Take this one, for example. We were staying pretty much in the center of square C3. One day we walked from the apartment to the launch for Granville Island (F3), and then all around Granville Island, and then back to the apartment. With a toddler in a stroller. Another day we walked to and from the aquarium (A4) IN THE RAIN with a toddler in a stroller. And it was fine! We took our time and made a day of it. The only time we were in a car or cab was to and from the airport, and getting from the apartment to the cruise terminal (because of the luggage....otherwise we could have easily walked it).

Maybe that will give you some scale?

I am having a hard time remembering what time breakfast was open, to be honest. I know you CAN order room service, it starts pretty early. Might be worth checking out a TR with navigators from last year's cruises. And the buffet does have plenty of hot food items available...again, depends what time it opens....but I'm sure you can get something before your 7:15 start time. Also keep in mind you are not meeting at the train at 7:15, you're meeting onboard at 7:15 and headed to the train together. So that gives you a little wiggle room

Hope that helps!
Yes that does help - and thank you so much for the ideas and map! I had downloaded that map on my iPad one day so I'm going to print it out for reference for us. Strangely - I had requested a bunch of free info/brochures through the travel bureaus for each city and usually when I do this I get bombarded and so far, I haven't received anything yet and it's been weeks. I hope they send the info soon as I'd love to have more maps of the cities were going to visit and take with us.

Quote:
I checked last Year's navigators and it looks like full breakfast on port days. Goofy's Galley opened at six, while the buffet and Parrot Cay opened at 6:30.

Erica, I am going to check out that app. Thanks!
Thanks!! AWESOME! I guess you won't be eating that early with us, then huh? You said you weren't an early riser....lol

Quote:

Cabin # - 5144
That is very sweet of you to organize the FE. We are passing this time around but I wanted to at least acknowledge you and mark as down as no. We only booked this cruise last month and due to the excursions, too much needed for our suitcases to travel for 9 days, we just can't make it happen this time around. I hope you get your group together and have a blast!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #159
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Thanks for sharing the info!! 20 mins is completely do-able!

Yes that does help - and thank you so much for the ideas and map! I had downloaded that map on my iPad one day so I'm going to print it out for reference for us. Strangely - I had requested a bunch of free info/brochures through the travel bureaus for each city and usually when I do this I get bombarded and so far, I haven't received anything yet and it's been weeks. I hope they send the info soon as I'd love to have more maps of the cities were going to visit and take with us.

Thanks!! AWESOME! I guess you won't be eating that early with us, then huh? You said you weren't an early riser....lol

That is very sweet of you to organize the FE. We are passing this time around but I wanted to at least acknowledge you and mark as down as no. We only booked this cruise last month and due to the excursions, too much needed for our suitcases to travel for 9 days, we just can't make it happen this time around. I hope you get your group together and have a blast!

Heather
Thanks!! Let us know if you change your mind! here hee!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #160
Spart02
Mouseketeer

We'll pass on the FE also.

Great to see that a FE is being organized, however, we are going to pass as well. Please mark us down as a "no". Thanks!

May 98 - CBR - Honeymoon
Jan. 02 - Offsite - DoubleTree Club
Jan. 04 - POP
Jan. 06 - POP
Sept. 06 - Disneyland Hotel
Dec. 07 - POP
Jan. 09 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan. 10 - Dreams Villas
Oct. 10 - Dreams Villas
Jan. 12 - Disney Dream Cruise, then Bay Lake Tower
June 13 - Wonder - Alaska!
May 14 - Magic - Transatlantic
Spart02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #161
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spart02 View Post
Great to see that a FE is being organized, however, we are going to pass as well. Please mark us down as a "no". Thanks!
Ok, thank you.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #162
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Okay, the fish extender idea seems neat. We are new to Disney, so I am not really sure how big of an effort we are talking about, and I would like to know more effort making a decision.

Do people do gifts every day? One gift for each person in each stateroom? Or one for the whole cabin?

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #163
50statesby50
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Okay, the fish extender idea seems neat. We are new to Disney, so I am not really sure how big of an effort we are talking about, and I would like to know more effort making a decision.

Do people do gifts every day? One gift for each person in each stateroom? Or one for the whole cabin?
Bump
50statesby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #164
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Hey the Pixar Pals Party is showing up on my activities now! Juneau day, like we thought, from 9:45 to 10:30. Hope it's fun!

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #165
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm waiting until the April 21 deadline to decide how to organize this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I certainly would not want to burden anyone, but so far my thoughts are - 1 mandatory stateroom gift from your home state/town/country and 1 mandatory individual gift. Additional gifts are optional. Let me know you thought folks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: