Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #2356
lhk617
Earning My Ears

When the discount came out we decided to switch to a bigger hotel and pay the same price! We were originally staying in the Little Mermaid section. We are so excited!!! Have fun!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #2357
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI View Post
Do vouchers for the refillable mugs come in you Mickey Mail? Just wondering because we leave in less than a week and have not received our Mickey Mail
No...they will be included on your KTTW cards that you will get upon check-in. It works like deducting your meals. Just got to the food court, pick them up, go to the register, give your card (only one is needed) and the mugs to the CM to scan and they will come off your room allotments.

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #2358
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Is there a way to have the little Princess' dresses sent back to the room after they have lunch at Cinderella's castle?

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #2359
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSNY10 View Post
Can I ask if you have anywhere to unpack or do you live out of your suitcase? I can't see any dresser drawers in the pictures
Just back from POR yesterday. Building 18, preferred room. We had 3 large drawers under TV stand, and beside it a Unit that held the ironing board & iron, with area for long hanging clothes & short hanging clothes. But no luggage rack to put the suitcase on. I put the suitcase on the chair & used it instead of putting everything in the closet & drawer. Lots of storage in the bathroom too.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #2360
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Has anyone stayed here w/ 5 guests? Is the room really small for 5 ? 3 kids, 2 adults..

My wife really wants to stay here and I keep thinking we are better off in a bigger room but I do love everything about this resort.

We do utilize the hotel room on our trips for naps and down time.

TIA
If you are talking about the royal rooms at POR, my son and I stayed in the two bed royal room last year. We loved it. We also loved the resort!

There were times when my son and I did get in each others way. I personally would not want to stay in this room with five people. Especially when you are tired and want to take a nap & the kids are either hyper or cranky! Yikes. However, if you are trying to save money, you could fit everyone, if your kids are little ones. You will not have much room to move around if you have a lot of luggage.

Definitely would not recommend if comfort is your concern! and you do not want to be cramped.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #2361
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Has anyone stayed here w/ 5 guests? Is the room really small for 5 ? 3 kids, 2 adults..

My wife really wants to stay here and I keep thinking we are better off in a bigger room but I do love everything about this resort.

We do utilize the hotel room on our trips for naps and down time.

TIA
If you are talking about the royal rooms at POR, my son and I stayed in the two bed royal room last year. We loved it. We also loved the resort!

There were times when my son and I did get in each others way. I personally would not want to stay in this room with five people. Especially when you are tired and want to take a nap & the kids are either hyper or cranky! Yikes. However, if you are trying to save money, you could fit everyone, if your kids are little ones. You will not have much room to move around if you have a lot of luggage.

With five people, I Definitely would not recommend if comfort is your concern.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #2362
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Is there a way to have the little Princess' dresses sent back to the room after they have lunch at Cinderella's castle?
Not that I'm aware of.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:45 AM   #2363
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
You can send purchases back to your room, but not your own (worn) clothing. There are lockers near the front of the park (by the train station) though, which you could use for the day and pick everything up when you leave.

However there are lots of kids who spend the whole day around the parks dressed as princesses, so unless heat is the issue they might like to do that just for all the extra attention they'll receive from the CMs.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #2364
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow...tomorrow...

I can't believe this trip is happening tomorrow!

I want to say thanks again for all the help in planning I've recieved from this thread and www.portorleans.org

Of course, I have one more question.
I'm bringing my laptop for the first time, and I'm concerned about safety. Is it really safe to bring it and leave it in the room? If I recall the safes aren't big enough to hold a laptop. Any thoughts as to where I could store the laptop when I'm not in the room?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #2365
pakaramom
Earning My Ears

We are here now and wanted to thank Venom for his fax, we requested bldg. 16 or 17 and we have a corner room in Bldg 17.

We have 2 adults and 3 kids (10,9,5) and have plenty of room. We do unpack and stack the suitcases in the corner. With 5 people it can get messy quickly, but we try to keep it organized. We bring a pop up hamper for dirty clothes, a sweater hanger for the closet a d a hanging shoe rack for toiletries .

Old 04-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #2366
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I can't believe this trip is happening tomorrow!

I want to say thanks again for all the help in planning I've recieved from this thread and www.portorleans.org

Of course, I have one more question.
I'm bringing my laptop for the first time, and I'm concerned about safety. Is it really safe to bring it and leave it in the room? If I recall the safes aren't big enough to hold a laptop. Any thoughts as to where I could store the laptop when I'm not in the room?
I just suggest locking it up in a suitcase with a lock on the zippers. Out of sight out of mind. If they don't know its there it is not a temptation.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #2367
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaramom View Post
We are here now and wanted to thank Venom for his fax, we requested bldg. 16 or 17 and we have a corner room in Bldg 17.

We have 2 adults and 3 kids (10,9,5) and have plenty of room. We do unpack and stack the suitcases in the corner. With 5 people it can get messy quickly, but we try to keep it organized. We bring a pop up hamper for dirty clothes, a sweater hanger for the closet a d a hanging shoe rack for toiletries .
Your so very welcome and I hope you have a magical stay!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #2368
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You can send purchases back to your room, but not your own (worn) clothing. There are lockers near the front of the park (by the train station) though, which you could use for the day and pick everything up when you leave.

However there are lots of kids who spend the whole day around the parks dressed as princesses, so unless heat is the issue they might like to do that just for all the extra attention they'll receive from the CMs.

Andre
Thanks that what I thought, just wanted to know what our options were if they didn't want to wear them or if the parents didn't want them to ruin the dresses while eating.

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #2369
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Not that I'm aware of.
thanks!

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #2370
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

POR is excellent with the faxed requests back in Dec we stayed week before Christmas & about 4 days before arriving I faxed in request for closest non preferred building to food court ( we need coffee first thing) & a corner room with double windows. To my surprise when we checked in at 745 am not only was the room ready but both requests were granted!

We booked our Sept stay at POFQ just b/c we haven't stayed here yet but I can wait to stay at POR again! Beautiful resort, über friendly staff!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: