Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
rthutchens
When you wish upon a star...

Nervous about resort choice...

Just booked a 4 night trip for Star Wars Weekend. To make it doable, I booked at All Star Sports. I have never stayed at a value resort. I'm kind of a deluxe snob. Help me feel better about my choice, please.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
FancyNancy
Princess

All Star Sports is a nice little resort. I didn't care for the food court but then again we were mostly at the parks and didn't spend much time there.

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthutchens View Post
Just booked a 4 night trip for Star Wars Weekend. To make it doable, I booked at All Star Sports. I have never stayed at a value resort. I'm kind of a deluxe snob. Help me feel better about my choice, please.
I would be nervous too. I admire your courage. I am not bashing all stars, it would be tough going from Kidani or boardwalk to a value.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at an all star, but I have done pop century after a stay at boardwalk in years prior. It's NBD. Especially for a short trip. My biggest issue was no hot tub but overall I was happy with it. Never problems with busses and we spent most time at the parks. There are a lot of food choices, but as posters have said, you could choose to eat at the park this trip if the food court isn't your thing. I will note, you could transfer to PC if you are really worried. People seem to say it is one of the nicer values.

I wouldn't worry too much, for only 4 days and being busy at SWW, it shouldn't be bad. Disney at a value is still miles ahead of not being at disney!
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

We, too have never stayed at a value resort. But we have reservations for the All Star this coming August. Let us know when you come back what your thoughts are.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

If you are a deluxe snob, a short stay should be okay at a value. We've stayed at ASM twice and loved it! The values are very clean and well maintained!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

We just booked one night at Sports prior to our week at BC. We had stayed at Movies in 2006 and my were fine with it. Pretty nice place and the prices are reasonable.

We are staying there this time because we got a cheap flight that comes in on Friday late afternoon, so we just need a place to sleep.

Clean, cute, serviceable food court.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
Sue M
DIS Veteran

You'll be at Disnet, how bad can it be
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
rthutchens
When you wish upon a star...

Thanks for all the positive comments. It's just going to be my mom and myself so the room should be fine. I wished it would have worked out to stay elsewhere. I looked into renting DVC points but only SSR was available and the cost was still much higher than what we are paying with my annual pass discount. I only plan on sleeping there. Could someone explain how the bus system works there? Are there multiple bus stops?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #10
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

I've done deluxe, moderate, and value.

These are the differences I've noticed:

You will miss the deluxe because:
1) they have the best service
2) deluxe has better pools
3) rooms / beds are larger
4) location, location, location
5) covered bus stops

You will not miss the deluxe because:
1) you have a thousand dollars in your pocket in savings
2) better food court
3) heck! Who cares? It's still disney!
4) you are not missing the pool because you are spending most of your time at Star Wars weekend!

Don't fret! It's gonna be great!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthutchens View Post
Thanks for all the positive comments. It's just going to be my mom and myself so the room should be fine. I wished it would have worked out to stay elsewhere. I looked into renting DVC points but only SSR was available and the cost was still much higher than what we are paying with my annual pass discount. I only plan on sleeping there. Could someone explain how the bus system works there? Are there multiple bus stops?
Bus goes to all of the all star resorts and picks up/drops off at each, so busses are shared between three resorts. Three stops nly I believe!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Just one stop at All Star Sports(at the front of the building). Sometimes you share with ASM and ASMo. Sometimes you will have your own dedicated bus. All Star Sports gets picked up first if you share.

Same thing at the parks. Sometimes you might have an All Star Sports bus and sometimes an AS bus that drops off to all three values. Sports gets dropped off first.

Bus service was always great for us when we stayed at ASM. So hopefully it will be great for you too!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

All Star Sports needs a better acronym...lol
Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #14
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
All Star Sports needs a better acronym...lol
I never even noticed until, I reread my post and saw *** everywhere!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I completely understand your hesitation. I too am a hotel snob. I know people always say it's just a place to sleep, but for me, a nice hotel/resort is part of what makes my vacation special! I stay at the Mods when I'm with family who don't want to spend the extra $$$ (this time I convinced them to go with AKL yay!!) but to be honest, I'm more comfortable at a Deluxe.

Having never stayed at a Value, I would definitely be interested to hear about your experience after your trip!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: