DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #16
gopfans
Earning My Ears
 
gopfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boerne, Tx
Posts: 71

We are currently waiting to close on our AKV contract through Fidelity. we passed ROFR in March. We have had a great experience with Sharon. When I called about putting offers in, the receptionist transferred me and it just rang and rang-nobody picked up. After that happening twice, I called back and asked to speak to Sharon. I was transferred to her voice mail. I didn't know her, I had only seen her name on the boards and heard she was good to work with. She called me back within about 2 hours and then she called back within another two to say the sellers had accepted our contract.

I think that was about our 4th contract that we put offers in on in about 3 months. We found that there were some unmotivated sellers out there and not just the brokers being slow getting back. We had 1 contract that it took the broker calling twice over a couple of days to say they decided not to sell. Another that we decided to bid on that they were asking $78pp we offered $68 and it took them three days for the seller to counter at $77 and buyer paying all fees. I understand people needing to get out of a mortgage but they are going to be waiting a long time asking $78 pp on a 200 pt contract fir AKV A couple of others we didn't get counters on at all. These offers were spread out over all of the major brokers. The one we finally are getting we agreed on $63pp in our use year of our other contract we bought direct.
__________________
If you can dream it, you can do it.-Walt Disney

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2010
Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 2010
Disney World 1/2 Marathon 2011
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2011-Coast to Coast
Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012
**In Training** Disney World FULL Marathon 2013

Calling Animal Kingdom Villas Home since 2012
gopfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
lchute1158
Mouseketeer
 
lchute1158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 163

I am giving up on Fidelity..they have lots of contracts, or so it seems. I asked about a ssr just a moment ago....sold.

My other experience is with TSS. I called...was immediately put through to someone who knew all about the listing....explained all my questions ....and then called me back within 15 minutes with the sellers response...had the whole deal done withing 1 hour from first call to final offer accepted and then only 2 hours until got the contract emailed....very happy with TSS
__________________


Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI



lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #18
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
I am not a seller and not concerned with sellers. If you reread my post, I expect my BWV and OKW contracts to be worth zero by the time I am ready to sell. And I would like to think these boards, specifically ROFR board at this time are artificially inflating prices.

How many times have you heard the question, should I offer more than asking to avoid ROFR? We do not know what drives ROFR and should never tell someone to offer more than asking. Have you ever walked into the grocery store and told them their sale price was too cheap? I insist on paying more. If you want to avoid ROFR, which you have no reason why/when they exercise , then buy direct and leave the cheap prices for me please
I think you've misunderstood my belief with not understanding what you were saying, which I did. But my post was simply to state that I think that both buyers and sellers are still helped by the info on resale even though you wish the prices would drop instead. The value for a repeat visitor who will only stay onsite is still there with resale - even at the older resorts. The ones who really benefit are those who started in the cycle 10 or even 20 years ago but just because today's buyer may not benefit as much doesn't mean they can't or won't still benefit.

However I don't agree with the attempts to avoid ROFR with higher offers than asking. DVC has never taken every single contract and I don't believe they ever will and trying to guess why they take back some over others is as impossible as figuring out if the chicken or the egg came first. So a higher offer is simply handing over extra money that the seller wasn't asking for. But I also thought that many sellers ought to be asking for more than they were when certain properties had gotten hard to find via resale. Much still comes down to supply and demand. If the value of DVC provides demand then prices should reflect that no matter if that means going lower or going higher depending on the supply.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
Working for who? I would say they are working for the sellers, prices are skyrocketing, less than a year ago I bought BWV for $50pp, a contract with full points. Today that contract could sell for 70 and there is only 29 years left on it. I would argue that in 15-19 years the contract with be virtually be worthless.

A smart man would dump that contract now and turn it into a BLT contract with an extra 18 years left on it for an extra $10-15pp. But I never claimed to be a smart man

Just One dummies opinion
I'm actually kind of toying with this idea myself. Have to see if lossing 10% on commission and another 10% on with holding taxes and then income tax on any remaining profits still make it worth while.
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #20
Scotch
DIS Veteran
 
Scotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I'm actually kind of toying with this idea myself. Have to see if lossing 10% on commission and another 10% on with holding taxes and then income tax on any remaining profits still make it worth while.
Sell on your own and save the 10% commission. It's so odd that on DIS, practically every one who talks about selling (and buying) refer to using a broker. But on TUG, I'm used to "hearing" most talk about buying/selling timeshares without a broker. Folks list ads using minimal cost sites like Redweek or myresortnetwork, ebay, or TUG's (free to members) Marketplace; then they use a third party professional closing company. I bought and sold my first two DVC resale contracts without a broker. I have used a broker to sell for the convenience, but I don't feel like it is a must. And for some contracts that 10% is a significant amount.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
fmer55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I'm actually kind of toying with this idea myself. Have to see if lossing 10% on commission and another 10% on with holding taxes and then income tax on any remaining profits still make it worth while.
Yup, you get killed being from Canada.

I am going to keep hunting and when I find something that would adequately replace......She Gone. I literally paid 50pp 11 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I think you've misunderstood my belief with not understanding what you were saying, which I did. But my post was simply to state that I think that both buyers and sellers are still helped by the info on resale even though you wish the prices would drop instead. The value for a repeat visitor who will only stay onsite is still there with resale - even at the older resorts. The ones who really benefit are those who started in the cycle 10 or even 20 years ago but just because today's buyer may not benefit as much doesn't mean they can't or won't still benefit.

However I don't agree with the attempts to avoid ROFR with higher offers than asking. DVC has never taken every single contract and I don't believe they ever will and trying to guess why they take back some over others is as impossible as figuring out if the chicken or the egg came first. So a higher offer is simply handing over extra money that the seller wasn't asking for. But I also thought that many sellers ought to be asking for more than they were when certain properties had gotten hard to find via resale. Much still comes down to supply and demand. If the value of DVC provides demand then prices should reflect that no matter if that means going lower or going higher depending on the supply.
Valid points

Like I said above with all the hysteria I don't see why i could not get 72-75 for a BWV with all current points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
Sell on your own and save the 10% commission. It's so odd that on DIS, practically every one who talks about selling (and buying) refer to using a broker. But on TUG, I'm used to "hearing" most talk about buying/selling timeshares without a broker. Folks list ads using minimal cost sites like Redweek or myresortnetwork, ebay, or TUG's (free to members) Marketplace; then they use a third party professional closing company. I bought and sold my first two DVC resale contracts without a broker. I have used a broker to sell for the convenience, but I don't feel like it is a must. And for some contracts that 10% is a significant amount.
I have been wondering about this since I became involved, why wouldn't you do this, the transaction seems pretty cut and dry.
__________________
Mike(me), DW, DD7, DD4
fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #22
rojen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 89

Fidelity has the best contracts, but the worst service. They seem to be nice people, but very little follow through on anything. Be ready to follow up on every piece of communication you have with them.

Always always always put a time limit on your offer. Otherwise it won't be considered for a week while other offers are coming in. If someone comes in with an offer for a penny over yours, your offer is done and you waste a week looking.

I've had a broker refuse, in writing even, to put my offer to his client. They didn't treat me like family. Another broker refused to put in my offer because their client was firm. Which is fine with me, but the next week it was reduced to essentially what I offered.

Fidelity has never balked at my lowball offers. The lack of updates to their site drives me crazy though. Shouldn't be that hard in this day and age. They need to fix that nonsense right quick.
rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #23
nabi
Home at Disney often!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
I am giving up on Fidelity..they have lots of contracts, or so it seems. I asked about a ssr just a moment ago....sold.

My other experience is with TSS. I called...was immediately put through to someone who knew all about the listing....explained all my questions ....and then called me back within 15 minutes with the sellers response...had the whole deal done withing 1 hour from first call to final offer accepted and then only 2 hours until got the contract emailed....very happy with TSS
Same experience and I'd add that I tried with Fidelity on 3 different listings... all sold- I gave up... not worth the extra fee. TSS got our business 3X instead.
nabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #24
AppleDisneyDad
Quietly Lurking
 
AppleDisneyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 103

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
I am giving up on Fidelity..they have lots of contracts, or so it seems. I asked about a ssr just a moment ago....sold.

My other experience is with TSS. I called...was immediately put through to someone who knew all about the listing....explained all my questions ....and then called me back within 15 minutes with the sellers response...had the whole deal done withing 1 hour from first call to final offer accepted and then only 2 hours until got the contract emailed....very happy with TSS
I had a similar issue with Fidelity but I got on the phone with Sharon and we identified 4 contracts that met my needs and spun through all of them in a couple days. I was clear with what I wanted and Sharon was very responsive. I think everyone that says the folks at Fidelity is overloaded are correct, however once Sharon and I started working together, she was very professional and responsive.
__________________
AppleDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDisneyDad View Post
I had a similar issue with Fidelity but I got on the phone with Sharon and we identified 4 contracts that met my needs and spun through all of them in a couple days. I was clear with what I wanted and Sharon was very responsive. I think everyone that says the folks at Fidelity is overloaded are correct, however once Sharon and I started working together, she was very professional and responsive.
This is what I experienced - another note Fidelity HAS to list all contracts sent to them via Disney referrals many are not good situations divorce, financial difficulties, deaths ect.... and the sellers are not that reachable or responsive. Not a excuse for bad customer service though.

There web site is terrible and I know for a fact that they do not put new listings up right away like TSS does. I was told they had stacks of resale contracts to go through and would up date the site soon since that conversation last week the website still is not updated.
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #26
fmer55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
This is what I experienced - another note Fidelity HAS to list all contracts sent to them via Disney referrals many are not good situations divorce, financial difficulties, deaths ect.... and the sellers are not that reachable or responsive. Not a excuse for bad customer service though.

There web site is terrible and I know for a fact that they do not put new listings up right away like TSS does. I was told they had stacks of resale contracts to go through and would up date the site soon since that conversation last week the website still is not updated.
There were new BLT listings up there yesterday. There maintenance sucks, agreed, but there were new listings posted yesterday. Have your contracts been executed yet? If not maybe that is why your listing is still there.
__________________
Mike(me), DW, DD7, DD4
fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #27
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,021

If you don't have patience, then don't work with Fidelity. I passed ROFR on March 19 and still haven't received my closing papers. They told me I would receive them this week. If I don't have them by tomorrow, I will call them but I don't see how that will matter lol
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
lodge
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
If you don't have patience, then don't work with Fidelity. I passed ROFR on March 19 and still haven't received my closing papers. They told me I would receive them this week. If I don't have them by tomorrow, I will call them but I don't see how that will matter lol
Congratulations- I wondered how your search ended up.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #29
gopfans
Earning My Ears
 
gopfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boerne, Tx
Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY
If you don't have patience, then don't work with Fidelity. I passed ROFR on March 19 and still haven't received my closing papers. They told me I would receive them this week. If I don't have them by tomorrow, I will call them but I don't see how that will matter lol
I would call them. We passed around the same time and got ours last week. Sharon told us that if we hadn't been contacted by the Title Co within 2-3 days with closing docs to let her know. When we hadn't gotten them by the morning of day 3 I sent her an email. Within 2 hrs it was in my inbox.
__________________
If you can dream it, you can do it.-Walt Disney

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2010
Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 2010
Disney World 1/2 Marathon 2011
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2011-Coast to Coast
Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012
**In Training** Disney World FULL Marathon 2013

Calling Animal Kingdom Villas Home since 2012
gopfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #30
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge View Post
Congratulations- I wondered how your search ended up.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopfans View Post
I would call them. We passed around the same time and got ours last week. Sharon told us that if we hadn't been contacted by the Title Co within 2-3 days with closing docs to let her know. When we hadn't gotten them by the morning of day 3 I sent her an email. Within 2 hrs it was in my inbox.
Hmm interesting. I might call them today then. But my dh is in no rush to close. He said the longer he gets to hold onto his money, the happier he is that we haven't closed yet
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.