Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #2341
jmqidoc
Earning My Ears
 
jmqidoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 56

SOO excited, 37 days till POR Royal room. My question is...{there will be 4 adults.. myself, my friend. her dd (17) my dd (20)}, in the Royal rooms is there any rooms that are Corner units.? if so does the corner room have that wonderful corner window? Trying to see if any of the rooms are a different layout than that which looks amazingly similar to POP.. I stayed at POP in January and absolutely HATED the room. the entryway was soo awkward. I am wishing to stay excited but am finding myself disappointed in pictures of the rooms thinking that they are the same size and layout of POP. Are the rooms same?? just different décor?
__________________
jmqidoc is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #2342
lillykat
DIS Veteran
 
lillykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 1,506

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
And you plan to tell them that??? They won't check her birth certificate.


Andre
Of course not. But as I understand it from many on here, they do ask the child how old they are and she is a very honest kid. I don't want her to lie.
__________________
May 2014 POR Girls' Birthday and our 10 Anniversary Trip!!!!!!!
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #2343
tangled23
Mouseketeer
 
tangled23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqidoc View Post
SOO excited, 37 days till POR Royal room. My question is...{there will be 4 adults.. myself, my friend. her dd (17) my dd (20)}, in the Royal rooms is there any rooms that are Corner units.? if so does the corner room have that wonderful corner window? Trying to see if any of the rooms are a different layout than that which looks amazingly similar to POP.. I stayed at POP in January and absolutely HATED the room. the entryway was soo awkward. I am wishing to stay excited but am finding myself disappointed in pictures of the rooms thinking that they are the same size and layout of POP. Are the rooms same?? just different décor?
I just staying in the POR Royal Rooms in January and just happened to get a corner room! There were two windows, but I am not sure of any size difference since I didn't see inside any other rooms. I don' think I took a picture of the actual windows, but I will post one if I find it.

Enjoy the room!! It is absolutely beautiful! We loved it
__________________


tangled23 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #2344
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangled23 View Post
I don' think I took a picture of the actual windows, but I will post one if I find it.
I posted one a few (dozen) pages back:



Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #2345
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.
 
LovingDisny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 262

ok, i am officially in the on-line check in window
BUT, I think I am going to try and hold off doing that until we get closer. On line check in makes me feel like the trip is just right around the corner, so I need that to look forward to. LOL. Trip is paid! ADR's have been made for some time now, bought the pop up hamper & hanging shelf, planning to order photopass plus soon, not much left to do. Except wait, and wait, and wait.... and try not to drive my DH nuts

POR we will see you soon!
__________________
:Me : DH : DS15:DS7 :
1986- offsite with my high school drill team
1987- offsite with my high school drill team
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
LovingDisny is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #2346
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 829

Mickey mail is here!!! Quick question I order tickets with the package. Do I get those when we check in??
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #2347
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Mickey mail is here!!! Quick question I order tickets with the package. Do I get those when we check in??
You will get a "Key To The World" (KTTW) card for each person in your party. This card is your room key, your tickets, ddp (if purchased) and has charging privileges if desired. Very convenient.
nonstopdisneymom is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #2348
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdisneymom View Post

You will get a "Key To The World" (KTTW) card for each person in your party. This card is your room key, your tickets, ddp (if purchased) and has charging privileges if desired. Very convenient.
Thank you! I a, assuming they are not going to issue cards for the children under 3, hopefully so I have one less thing to worry about losing.
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #2349
JDSNY10
Earning My Ears
 
JDSNY10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 67

Has anyone stayed here w/ 5 guests? Is the room really small for 5 ? 3 kids, 2 adults..

My wife really wants to stay here and I keep thinking we are better off in a bigger room but I do love everything about this resort.

We do utilize the hotel room on our trips for naps and down time.

TIA
JDSNY10 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #2350
Zing72
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17

We got back from POR on Monday. I did online check-in for the standard room I had booked. I faxed a request for a room close to main building and bus stop. We checked in the day after Easter and I'm pretty sure the resort was close to full. When we got off the bus there was someone there with an iPad there that checked us right in. I got building 16 which I was happy with. I was pleased with the bus service. It was a great trip.
Zing72 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #2351
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran
 
wdw4rfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 1,779

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSNY10 View Post
Has anyone stayed here w/ 5 guests? Is the room really small for 5 ? 3 kids, 2 adults..

My wife really wants to stay here and I keep thinking we are better off in a bigger room but I do love everything about this resort.

We do utilize the hotel room on our trips for naps and down time.

TIA
We stayed 8 nights last year with 2 adults, 3 kids- 15,10,4. It was plenty big for us, for as often as we are in the room. We are heading back in a few days for 11 nights, and I am not worried at all that we will be crammed.
__________________


2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #2352
JDSNY10
Earning My Ears
 
JDSNY10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
We stayed 8 nights last year with 2 adults, 3 kids- 15,10,4. It was plenty big for us, for as often as we are in the room. We are heading back in a few days for 11 nights, and I am not worried at all that we will be crammed.
Can I ask if you have anywhere to unpack or do you live out of your suitcase? I can't see any dresser drawers in the pictures
JDSNY10 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #2353
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,689

One move somewhat done and one funeral to attend to but I am back... I have replied to all PMs received but if I missed you feel free to resend me a message.

D~
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #2354
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran
 
wdw4rfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 1,779

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSNY10 View Post
Can I ask if you have anywhere to unpack or do you live out of your suitcase? I can't see any dresser drawers in the pictures
We stayed in the suitcases. I know there were 2 large drawers under the murphy bed. But dont think there was a dresser.
__________________


2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #2355
DMLAINI
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 137

Do vouchers for the refillable mugs come in you Mickey Mail? Just wondering because we leave in less than a week and have not received our Mickey Mail
DMLAINI is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: