Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #31
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

The stp offer cost me $400 more than if i had gotten free dining. I was there for 10days akl reg dining plan. I also got it the day it came out. Days later an error was found and rates changed.
I wouldnt mind this deal again if i couldnt get free dining.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #32
scrapperjill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbonnie38 View Post
I dont think this will be true. I was on the phone the other day with a CM about our upcoming trip in Sept and she asked me if I wanted to apply a room discount that is available to our trip and I declined and told her I was stalking the Dis Boards for the free dining so when it opens we can take advantage of this instead. And she said good idea alot of people wait for that. And if you think about it that is a bid draw for large families and a good marketing promo for Disney to fill rooms during a slow period for them.
I haven't been on here for some time now... But am I missing something with this logic? Why would u not go ahead and apply the current discount... Still hope free ddp is offered and apply that if and when it's released. I know you can't do both discounts... But at least applying the one will insure u do get a discount of some sort. Plus... Booking your room ahead of time doesn't automatically mean it will even qualify for the free ddp offer does it??

Another thought of mine is all these people who hope for free ddp offer and will only go if its offered but go ahead and book their vacation just hoping its offered and willing to cancel if its not... Doesn't Disney look at how resorts are filling up during periods through out the year and base what if any discounts or offers should b available based on how resorts are filling up? Meaning if everyone books now at a rack rate... And resorts are filling up.... Why would Disney offer anything.

Our Disney Cruise album from 9/11/04http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=29423

scrapperjill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #33
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjill View Post

I haven't been on here for some time now... But am I missing something with this logic? Why would u not go ahead and apply the current discount... Still hope free ddp is offered and apply that if and when it's released. I know you can't do both discounts... But at least applying the one will insure u do get a discount of some sort. Plus... Booking your room ahead of time doesn't automatically mean it will even qualify for the free ddp offer does it??

Another thought of mine is all these people who hope for free ddp offer and will only go if its offered but go ahead and book their vacation just hoping its offered and willing to cancel if its not... Doesn't Disney look at how resorts are filling up during periods through out the year and base what if any discounts or offers should b available based on how resorts are filling up? Meaning if everyone books now at a rack rate... And resorts are filling up.... Why would Disney offer anything.
I agree PIN codes expire I would call back & add that PIN fast then if FD comes out ( praying it does) you can change the code.. If a lesser code comes out later than your PIN & it's expired your SOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #34
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRedHead View Post
I am betting Free Dining will be released, but I do bet it will be a CS for all resort levels. I am not going with Free Dining this year as I am using a discount at the Yacht Club with a TA.

In the future we will look into renting DVC points for our discount, unless I can continue to get some oh so fab deals like I have gotten this year with certain TAs.

Disney thinks that Fantsyland will draw in the crowds, and it will, for some time. But even though I have yet to lay eyes on it, I bet it is not all that. And in the future they will have to bump it up more and more to draw people in without many discounts.
We visited Fantasyland in Dec & ( pls don't flame me). I was disappointed. Beasts Castle is great & I loved lunch in it, food was good & interior beautiful. The little mermaid ride was " cute" & the lines for tales with belle were ridiculous so we didn't do that, had the Lafrou brew & looked in the tiny gift shop & said " this is it?"

Wasn't impressed with the new Dumbo.. I thought they were going to be inside now?

I agree the fantasyland craze will die as soon as the majority ppl take the half hour to walk through it..

GAredhead you know that makes a lot of sense.. As a TA tho I always tell ppl to book & add discounts as they come out. Now I did notice there was either a room or ticket increase or both since I booked our trip bank in early Oct b/c when I price it out now as a new booking its $200 more! So in my case it did help me save.. Then again when I add the code (RO or FD) it will revert to current prices... Now my head is spinning! Lol

I did notice with the summer room only offer you also get a small break on your tickets & DDP when you add them..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Last edited by bluejasmine; 04-10-2013 at 07:33 AM.
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #35
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjill View Post
Agree 100%. My family is planning a trip for October 19-26, will stay at a Mod but I haven't booked anything yet. Hoping for a discount, does not sound hopeful for FD when we are there.

If there is still no Fall discount out 60 days from now, I may consider and go ahead and book as we are going.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #36
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There's also rumors that it will be offered, but not at value resorts, and quick service at mods AND deluxes. There's no telling right now what the fall offers will look like.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #37
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I think the fact that they ever offered free dining at all was a bonus. I do admit to not caring for the dining plan in general and I think free dining brings out the crowds.

So, no mourning on my part,lol.

Regarding the new Fantasyland- Fantasyland has always been more geared to younger kids. If you approach it that way, it's pretty cool. Adults are not the target audience for that,IMO.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post

I think in 2002 we stayed at WL for 94.00 a night during September. Oh have times changed.
Yes that was right. I remember it well because we got $79 a night at POR and DH said the extra $15 was too much to upgrade.

I wonder how much places like the DIS 'ruin' the discounts. You used to have to hunt for a code but now people expect them.
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #39
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

any discount is a discount i candle 20% off rooms its doable but would like FD or S/P/D deal is good to.....

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: