Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #2176
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bkcs View Post
Just finished online check in and we are at around a month out! We do have dinner reservations each night, but I am interested in suggestions for quick service lunch ideas for MK, HS, and Epcot. Thanks!
We highly recommend the Les Halles bakery in France - new space, new menu, just wonderful food! We don't eat much CS at WDW, but when we do, Les Halles is at the top of the list.

At MK, Columbia Harbor House is a BC/YC thread favorite. Of course, if you're willing to wait, Be Our Guest offers a CS lunch. We really enjoyed our TS dinner there - pretty good food for a non-World Showcase park dinner - and very fun and festive. Many report that the food is even better at lunch than at dinner. So if that's not one of your dinner ADRs, it's something to consider for a CS lunch.

And at DHS, it's tough to find a good CS, but I think Starring Rolls tops the list there.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #2177
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just finished online check in and we are at around a month out! We do have dinner reservations each night, but I am interested in suggestions for quick service lunch ideas for MK, HS, and Epcot. Thanks!
Excited for you! I love doing Online Check-in- always makes my upcoming trip feel so REAL!

MK - Columbia Harbor House (Liberty Sq), Pecos Bill's (Frontier/Adventureland)
Cosmic Ray's (Tomorrowland) or the new Be Our Guest which is QS Lunch and TS Dinner (Fantasyland).

HS - Pizza Planet, and.... I'm out.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (The Land), Boulangerie Patisserie (or some such thing - France), Noodle Shop (don't know the name) in Japan, Norway (why can't I think of the name and too lazy to look at a map).

HTH.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #2178
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Anybody that will be at the Y&B 4/21 and 4/22, I'll now be off work and on the Fantasy. Sorry I'm going to miss you all.
Hi Teena! The cruise sounds great...how exciting!

We will be there next week, so I hope to meet you soon

Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #2179
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Awesome! Glad to hear of your next cruise! Im sure you'll have an excellent time! Love your husbands reason for the trip...LOL. We'll be at BCV 19-30, hope to meet you again sometime then.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
I'll see you then. I'll be back in the lobby on 4/28 and 29. I'll be the one with the big "I was just at Castaway Cay" SMILE on my face.
A certain someone would love to have his picture taken with Teena, if you happen to meet up with her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I love this!!!

I hope one year when ALL of our friends from this thread have raised our kids, kicked them to the curb, and are ready for some fun ... we all meet at BC/YC and have a HUGE Dismeet "Jimmy Buffet" style party!!!
Quote:
Count me in!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
I'll volunteer to go now and start reserving space for us. I know, I know...... it may be a while, but I'll make the sacrifice! I wonder how many Sunken Treasures I'll have while I wait for everyone?

Ed
Quote:
Make sure and take Ninja Mom with you..............have her put towels on the poolside lounge chairs, and Dee can make us all matching T-shirts to wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
I am so in on the "kids are out of the house" Sunken Treasure meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
I'm in! I'd love to attend a meet in a non-flat form someday!

What a fantastic idea!!!

In addition to the T-shirts, I'll make some laminated commerative placemats, too!

Last edited by natebenma; 04-14-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #2180
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Teena - Bob is definitely a keeper! Love his rationale for the cruise!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #2181
dad2bkcs
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #2182
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi Teena! The cruise sounds great...how exciting!

We will be there next week, so I hope to meet you soon
I'll be there this Sunday and Monday.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #2183
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Make sure and take Ninja Mom with you..............have her put towels on the poolside lounge chairs, and Dee can make us all matching T-shirts to wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
What do you think NM? I'll buy the first round of Sunken Treasures..... ok, maybe the first two or three! I think we might have to limit the number of chairs we put towels on though - don't want the lifeguards to get mad at us. Since we're planning on moving to FL this fall, my DW can visit on weekends, so she shouldn't be too upset (yeah right!!). Dee..... please make my T-shirt an XXL.

Ed
I am working on perfecting my "Chair Hog Alert Snort" (CHAS) even as we speak! Tomorrow I will start practicing the "Snapping of the Butt with a Wet Pool Towel" (SOB-WePT)!

Quote:
I do have an Insider's tip About DHS. When grabbing a sandwich or dessert at Starring Rolls there never seems to be enough seats and they are outside in the heat or rain to boot. Aside from the "Cement Time Out Corner" (C-TOC) that Dee tried to popularize (UNsuccessfully!) last year, most people don't realize that you can hoof your tray a short distance over to the ABC Commissary and eat in Air Conditioned Bliss (ACB at the ABC!) at one of the tables there. Why heck, there are even TV's there to keep the kiddies entertained while you digest some of those wonderful Starring Rolls Desserts!

The ABC Commissary is one of those places that has way too many seats so no worries about finding a table there. I'm sure those with a variety of neuroses might wonder if it's "kosher" to leave your tray from Starring Rolls At the ABC Commissary. Ninja Mom is here to tell you to get off the ledge and back in the building. It's ok... trust me!

Oops! Gotta run.... security is coming and my Super Soaker is out of water...

~NM
Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #2184
kristen2276
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
I could never imagine driving from Rochester to Orlando. Hat's off to you and hope you have an awesome trip!

Neither can I, my sister lives in Rochester, NY and I can barely do that drive from NJ, forget to Orlando, lol! GOOD LUCK!!!! and have fun!

Kristen-13th Disney Trip, Mike-9th Disney Trip, Kieran-6th Disney trip and Michael's 3rd Disney trip- April/May, 2013!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #2185
kristen2276
Mouseketeer

if I chose near transportation on my online check in- what does that mean in terms of closeness to everything else? Thanks!

Kristen-13th Disney Trip, Mike-9th Disney Trip, Kieran-6th Disney trip and Michael's 3rd Disney trip- April/May, 2013!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #2186
dad2bkcs
Earning My Ears

Where did you find the picture of my mom with a super soaker?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #2187
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
I'm in! I'd love to attend a meet in a non-flat form someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Aside from the "Cement Time Out Corner" (C-TOC) that Dee tried to popularize (UNsuccessfully!) last year, most people don't realize that you can hoof your tray a short distance over to the ABC Commissary
What? Not popular? You tell us this AFTER we took a family photo in Dee's Corner at Starring Rolls. I'll opt to sit in the corner, but will also admit that this is a great idea. There certainly ARE a lot of empty tables over at ABC . . . I like to stay positive, so I won't submit a detailed review of that particular CS location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen2276 View Post
if I chose near transportation on my online check in- what does that mean in terms of closeness to everything else? Thanks!
Since the rooms near the lobby are close to the bus stop and relatively close to the boat launch, I would guess that means close to lobby/BC Marketplace/solarium/Cape May. When staying non-CL at BC, that would be my favorite location and I'd definitely check that one (along with full balcony, of course!)
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #2188
kristen2276
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
I'm in! I'd love to attend a meet in a non-flat form someday! :

Since the rooms near the lobby are close to the bus stop and relatively close to the boat launch, I would guess that means close to lobby/BC Marketplace/solarium/Cape May. When staying non-CL at BC, that would be my favorite location and I'd definitely check that one (along with full balcony, of course!)

THANK YOU! that is what I was looking for!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #2189
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7
We did do one "surprise trip" for our kids. They still talk about it and say it was the best trip ever! They didn't know until the morning of the trip when we woke them to go to the airport. They didn't even believe us at first until they saw "summer clothes" at the end of their beds instead of their uniforms!
Our favorite trip was our surprise trip! Our little one was so in shock, she went back to bed thinking it was a joke. "You must be kidding," she said. Wish we could pull another one off, but now they think every time we have a surprise it's a trip to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS
Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!
So exciting! Love your husband's thinking! By the way, any word on if they are switching your days? We arrive on a Tuesday and leave very early on a Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyB
I can't believe it's here! We have a Friday redeye flight and arrive early Saturday morning. Have our ME vouchers and PP+ in hand.

The "girls" are really excited and going for their mani-pedis this afternoon, and we pack tonight.

We have two studios at BCV. Quick question:

What kind of coffee makers are in the villas?

I think I read Mr. Coffee makers in the regular rooms, but I'm not sure about the villas and my wife needs her coffee in the morning or else!

Looking forward to first "no kid" trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt

Here's a picture of the coffeemaker in a BCV studio from March 2012. But since it's more than a year old now, you might want to ask this question over on the DVC Resorts board.

Please note that the coffeemaker in the 2BR was different.
These are the coffee makers we've always had in the villas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill
Please add me to the BOG list....

BVC August 24-31 (following AKV)

We are driving from Rochester NY for a 2 week trip staying at Universal, Clearwater, AKV and BCV. AKV will be a new WDW resort to add to the notches in our Rafikki Stick. After that we need Poly, All Star (will cheat to count as one), Pop and AoA to say we've stayed in them all!
We are doing the same trip - AKV then BCV the week before you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #2190
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

I did have one poolside server who didn't know what a Sunken Treasure was. She was very nice, so I explained it was a wonderful blue drink, and the bartenders would definitely know what it was. She came back a few minutes later with drinks in hand... so be patient if you get a server who is unfamiliar with our favorite concoction.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: