Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #1651
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Late Dinning Linking

I haven't been on the DIS boards much. I'm working on reading through them and catching up but since dinning linking needs to be sooner rather than later I thought I should post this ASAP.

I'm interested in linking my reservations for late dinning with other DISers. I have been on our Facebook group and it seems that the late dinning is not currently linked but there seems to be some interest. Is there interest in linking and/or being the contact person?

I have never been the contact person before but I'm able and willing to figure it out and do it.

I'm not sure the easiest way to do this... maybe PM me or send me a Facebook message (Heather Johannessen) if you want to be in charge. I will call DCL tomorrow to find out what information I need from everyone to link the dinning.
If I don't hear from anyone by the time I call DCL I'll just assume I'll do it and let you know what information you need to message me in order to link up our dinning.

Our first DCL cruise was a transatlantic and a highlight of our experience was dinner and getting to know folks. I hope to have a similar experience again.
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #1652
roseburghughes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofduck View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. We just downloaded the first of the series for our children. We probably will get "Dark Passage" for the cruise. I wasn't sure if we had to read the first to understand the rest!
Book 5 "Shell Game" is also about Disney Dream Cruise Ship, as is book 6 "Dark Passage".
Books 1-4 feature each of the 4 WDW Theme Parks even though they bounce around between all the parks. I saw something online about Book 7 will be the last in series and feature Disneyland. I have only read book 1. It was a quick read as I found it in Young Adults section of the bookstore. I found out about Ridley Pearson when I found "Peter and the Starcatchers" co-written with Dave Berry.

Sent from my iPhone,

Tim

Disneyland:1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, "Day of July 17, 2005", 2007, 2008, 2011
Walt Disney World: 1976, 1998, 2003, 2007, 2010
Disney Cruises:
December 2003 - 4 Night Bahamian
December 2007 - 7 Night Western Caribbean
September 2010 -14 Night WBTA Repositioning
September 2011 - 5 Night Vancouver to Los Angeles Repositioning
May 2013 - 14 Night WB Panama Canal Repositioning

roseburghughes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #1653
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofduck View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. We just downloaded the first of the series for our children. We probably will get "Dark Passage" for the cruise. I wasn't sure if we had to read the first to understand the rest!
I think reading them in order is the best as the same people appear, getting older, and older story lines are mentioned too as you go through them. However maybe the ones on the cruise ship are a bit different in that respect with being away from the parks.

Yes, he did say that no. 7 would be the last book and set in Disneyland. What a shame. Though of course you can't go on forever and the children in the books really could possible be married with kids by now!!!

The film Disney after Dark really should have been Ridley Pearson's work but they didn't have him do it, just used some of his ideas!! Shame.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #1654
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
There is something I am having trouble wrapping my head around. Previous Champagne Girl groups have charged a fee collected in advance and included things like champagne, feather boas, etc. They have also reserved space via DCL prior to the cruise for their group alone.

I think I am missing something here - what is the point of "signing up" folks to meet in a space open to all cruise passengers, and if all are going to the bar (like other cruise passengers) in this public space?

Whether or not the Promenade has activities going on at the same time, it is a public area, not reserved by any one group. So theoretically can't anyone stop in and buy a drink during your meet?

If we compare the embarkation day meet at 3pm in the same location, there is no "sign up" and I for one have met people "outside" the DIS at some of those meets in the past.

I believe it is not in the spirit of the DIS to lay claim to a public area and shoo away anyone who wants to participate, specifically those who were unable to "sign up" in advance. What is the harm if someone wants to bring a relative or two, even at the last minute that day?

Please enlighten me, in case I am missing something here....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Grumpy Grandma here. The thing you all need to remember is that the promenade lounge is in heavy use all day everyday after embarkation day, beginning fairly early in the morning with the cruise director's daily show. Among the activities held there are toddler dance parties, trivia, name that tune, crafts, dancing lessons, music and dancing, scavenger hunts begin and end there etc.

On the December PC, we had to move our "yankee swap gift exchange" from the Promenade to Preludes, in front of the walt theatre. Talk about uncomfortable!

I think your VOLUNTEER hostess on this event was very well intentioned and following a protocol often used in the past. It's unfortunate that her efforts were so misunderstood and criticized.
The only reason I am responding here to what I had thought was a resolved, dead issue is because you quoted me so I assume this was directed at me.

Though I was not attending, I saw some folks were turned away and I don't think anybody here had seen a limit number to be allowed (28 people) nor a cut off date.

As far as the venue, it perhaps may have been better to choose another location and time than the one you said is so very busy with children's activities etc. For our "Secret Mickey" on the Hawaii cruise (not sure if you were there) we had it in the Cadillac Lounge with room and seating for all. We had our Champagne Girls in Studio Sea and I would guess there were at least 75 ladies (and some male helpers) present.

I truly do understand the undertakings of being a volunteer, with the time involved, commitment, trying to keep all parties happy, and being the one doing all the followup. I spent 14 years 24/7, 365 days a year doing volunteer work myself. But it can be very rewarding as long as you know what you may be getting into, lol.

How about if you want to direct more particulars to me directly, we can take this to PM? Hope this calms down whatever made you "grumpy" reading my post, LOL! As far as I know the issue has been resolved with the first group now allowing anyone to attend if they desire, and a second group actually being formed on Facebook. So as far as I know all is well...
Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #1655
icemoca
Earning My Ears

Do you know if the board airline booking is available for Los Angeles airport? Last year, the board airline booking form was included in the booklet, but there was no form this year.
icemoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #1656
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Exotic Rasul

Ok - as a special treat, Scott and I are thinking of booking an Exotic Rasul spa visit - but I'm getting conflicting info.

According to what I've read here on various DISBoards threads, you can book it for $89 and 2 people can attend, but on the Disney website, it says $89/adult - can anyone help clarify?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #1657
McPheronsLoveDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania
Ok - as a special treat, Scott and I are thinking of booking an Exotic Rasul spa visit - but I'm getting conflicting info.

According to what I've read here on various DISBoards threads, you can book it for $89 and 2 people can attend, but on the Disney website, it says $89/adult - can anyone help clarify?
My Dh and I did the exotic rasul in march on the magic and the $89.00 is per couple they have it marked wrong on the website. On board it shows $89.00 per couple on their spa sheet. All you need to do is book one person and both of you show up together!! Thats what we did

Disneyland Home Away From Home
Disneyworld
April 2004 Carribean Beach Resort
Nov. 2005 honeymoon Saratoga Springs
Nov. 2007 Ds first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Dec.2009 Ds2 & Ds4 mo Animal kingdom Lodge
Nov. 2012 Saratoga and Coronado Springs
Mar. 2014 Dd first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Disney Cruise
2008 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 8-15
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 6-13
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Carribean Nov. 24
2013 DIsney Magic Galveston 8 Day
2013 Disney Wonder Westbound Panama Canal 14 Day
2014 Disney Magic Bahamas 4 Day Mar. 17-21
McPheronsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #1658
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheronsLoveDisney View Post
My Dh and I did the exotic rasul in march on the magic and the $89.00 is per couple they have it marked wrong on the website. On board it shows $89.00 per couple on their spa sheet. All you need to do is book one person and both of you show up together!! Thats what we did
Thanks for the clarification - it seems worth the $89, but not twice that!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #1659
McPheronsLoveDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania

Thanks for the clarification - it seems worth the $89, but not twice that!
Your welcome ! Its worth the money in just the products they give you to use!!

Disneyland Home Away From Home
Disneyworld
April 2004 Carribean Beach Resort
Nov. 2005 honeymoon Saratoga Springs
Nov. 2007 Ds first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Dec.2009 Ds2 & Ds4 mo Animal kingdom Lodge
Nov. 2012 Saratoga and Coronado Springs
Mar. 2014 Dd first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Disney Cruise
2008 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 8-15
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 6-13
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Carribean Nov. 24
2013 DIsney Magic Galveston 8 Day
2013 Disney Wonder Westbound Panama Canal 14 Day
2014 Disney Magic Bahamas 4 Day Mar. 17-21
McPheronsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #1660
corbett744
Mouseketeer

Hi all. I've been away for 2 weeks on vacation, and returned to a busted computer, needless to say... I'm a bit out of touch. Is there any earth shattering news since anout 3/25 that I should be aware of while I try to catch up? Thanks. Cindi
2013 July Holland American Canadian Cruise
May 2013 Wonder WBPC
May 2012 Diamond Princess-Alaska15 day cruise tour
July 2011 Magic 11 night Mediterranean
May 2010 Coral Princess Alaska 11 day cruise tour
April 2010 Magic Trans Atlantic Eastbound
December 2008 Magic 3 night Bahamas
April 2006 RCCL Western Carribean
April 2002 Magic 7 night Carribean
June 2001 Wonder 4 night Bahamas with
Girl Scouts
February 2000 Magic 4 night Bahamas
corbett744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #1661
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Late Dinning Linking

My travel agent is willing to link late seating dining together for any and all of us who want to do that. I will need the reservation number and the first/last name that the reservation is under. You can send me a message on Facebook -- my real name is Heather Johannessen, (if you need to become my friend first, that's fine!) Or send me a PM on here.

I'm not sure of the deadline but I can't imagine we have a lot of time so don't hesitate.

Let me know what else you need to know from me. I'm excited this ball is rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherLOVESmickey View Post
I haven't been on the DIS boards much. I'm working on reading through them and catching up but since dinning linking needs to be sooner rather than later I thought I should post this ASAP.

I'm interested in linking my reservations for late dinning with other DISers. I have been on our Facebook group and it seems that the late dinning is not currently linked but there seems to be some interest. Is there interest in linking and/or being the contact person?

I have never been the contact person before but I'm able and willing to figure it out and do it.

I'm not sure the easiest way to do this... maybe PM me or send me a Facebook message (Heather Johannessen) if you want to be in charge. I will call DCL tomorrow to find out what information I need from everyone to link the dinning.
If I don't hear from anyone by the time I call DCL I'll just assume I'll do it and let you know what information you need to message me in order to link up our dinning.

Our first DCL cruise was a transatlantic and a highlight of our experience was dinner and getting to know folks. I hope to have a similar experience again.
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #1662
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbett744 View Post
Hi all. I've been away for 2 weeks on vacation, and returned to a busted computer, needless to say... I'm a bit out of touch. Is there any earth shattering news since anout 3/25 that I should be aware of while I try to catch up? Thanks. Cindi
Well North Korea doesn't seem to get the clue. I think that's about it.
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #1663
MickeyAddict
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I think reading them in order is the best as the same people appear, getting older, and older story lines are mentioned too as you go through them. However maybe the ones on the cruise ship are a bit different in that respect with being away from the parks.

Yes, he did say that no. 7 would be the last book and set in Disneyland. What a shame. Though of course you can't go on forever and the children in the books really could possible be married with kids by now!!!

The film Disney after Dark really should have been Ridley Pearson's work but they didn't have him do it, just used some of his ideas!! Shame.
There was a book-signing of the new book at Downtown Disney yesterday. My 13-year old grandson got his book signed by Ridley Pearson - it turns out that they look remarkably alike!

I came across this article about how you (or your kids or grandkids) can help write the next KK book using the Kingdom Keepers App:

"Now, for the first time, readers get the chance to help write the seventh and final book in the series via the Kingdom Keepers Insider app, launching April 2nd. Available on all mobile devices, e-readers and online, the app will provide a groundbreaking interactive fan experience for readers of the Kingdom Keepers series, allowing them to follow along as Ridley Pearson writes, voting on plot points, character involvement, and locations—even contributing ideas for dialogue! Plus, there will be writing contests based on the previous book in the series and judged by Ridley Pearson, promoting writing and literacy in a safe environment with characters readers already know and love! "

Go to www.kingdomkeepersinsider.com to get involved.

Marilyn
Past Cruises: 1993, 1994, 1995 – Norwegian Seaward (Caribbean), Norway (Caribbean), Crown (Caribbean); 1996 – Carnival Fascination (Bahamas); 1999, 2000 – Disney Magic (Caribbean); 2001 – HAL Zaandam (Alaska), Disney Wonder (Bahamas); 2004 – Celebrity Century (Caribbean); 2005 – Mercury (Mexican Riviera), Delta Queen (Mississippi); 2006 – Disney Magic (Caribbean), Celebrity Summit (Panama Canal, Hawaii), Costa Magica (Caribbean), Celebrity Millennium (Caribbean); 2007 – Celebrity Millennium (Caribbean), Disney Magic (WBTA); 2008 – Disney Magic (Caribbean), Emerald Princess (EBTA); 2009 – Celebrity Solstice (Caribbean); Disney Wonder (Bahamas), Celebrity Mercury (Alaska), Island Princess (Panama Canal), Celebrity Equinox (WBTA), Disney Wonder (Bahamas); 2010 – Celebrity Equinox (EBTA), Summit (Bermuda), Azamara Journey (Western Europe), Disney Magic (WBTA), Celebrity Eclipse (WBTA); 2011 - Oceania Marina (WBTA Maiden Voyage), Disney Dream (Bahamas), Celebrity Constellation B2B (EBTA/Baltics), Azamara Journey (Norway, Iceland), Celebrity Silhouette B2B (Holy Land/WBTA); 2012 - Oceania Marina (Caribbean), Celebrity Equinox (Eastern Med), Oceania Riviera (WBTA); 2013 - Celebrity Infinity (Antarctica)

Upcoming Cruises: Disney Wonder - WBPC, May 2013; Oceania Riviera - WBTA, Nov 2013; Royal Princess - EBTA, April 2014
MickeyAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #1664
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Prayers needed

For those that don't follow on Facebook - Anne Lucietto's DH had a stroke today. Don't know her DISname, but thought I would let everyone know here as well. He is stable now. Next 24 hrs are critical. Prayers and Pixie Dust needed!
DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #1665
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
For those that don't follow on Facebook - Anne Lucietto's DH had a stroke today. Don't know her DISname, but thought I would let everyone know here as well. He is stable now. Next 24 hrs are critical. Prayers and Pixie Dust needed!
Prayers and pixie dust all over the place!
kbishop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: