Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Indecisive
Mouseketeer

Question WLV or Split Stay (AOA/Poly) with kids and In-Laws?

This is to follow up on a question I raised yesterday about whether an AOA family suite would be comfortable for 4 adults and 2 small children. With apologies to people who already read the preliminaries in that post, I am planning a 1-week trip in early May 2014 with me, DH, our two boys (4 and 7), and DH's parents. I'm torn between two options which I estimate will be fairly close in price:

1. 2 bedroom villa at Wilderness Lodge with rented DVC points for the entire stay; or

2. Split-stay with 4 nights in AOA Family Suite (most likely Cars) and 3 nights at the Poly

WL looks lovely and relaxing, and I'm sure we would enjoy the pool with the waterslide, having a spacious villa, and not having the hassle of a mid-week move with 2 little kids and 2 older folks who might, frankly, be a little difficult to manage doing a split stay. The transportation options also seem good from WL. The dated interiors would perhaps be a bit of a disappointment, but not a deal killer.

On the other hand, my true first choice if price were no object is the Poly. The restaurants seem fabulous, the pool looks beautiful, and I love the idea of easily watching the fireworks from the beach and then just going to bed without managing late night transportation with 2 wee ones (and 2 older folk). Even if there is a spring sale next year (which I know we can't count on), I know we couldn't afford a full week at the Poly, in which case a split stay at the AOA may be the best of both worlds. I'm sure my little guys would ADORE the theming at AOA, as well as the splash pad, etc., and it sounds from the responses I got yesterday and from other research that the 6 of us could all put up with each other in a family suite for 4 nights.

I think both options could be great. This will be our first Disney trip with our little guys, and none of the rest of us have been to WDW for many, many years. We probably would not plan to go back to Disney for another 5 years, so it isn't a matter of going one route this year and one the next.

So? What would you do?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Indecisive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aoa, split stay, vwl, wlv

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: