Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Beach day

Couple of questions if anyone can help.
We have only had one beach day ever in all our trips to Florida. Spent a day at Clearwater. It was nice! This time my parents would like to do somethings non park related so we reckoned a beach day would be a nice break. But DH was saying this evening that it might not be the best idea with DS - his skin would probably burn easily even with his suncream on it with the sea breeze. So my questions are:
1. Should we have a beach day with a one year old?
2. If so, what beach would you recommend - gulf coast preferably.
3. And if not, what would you recommend we do instead?

Really interested in recommendations for things besides beaches as we have a lot of days off from parks planned but we wouldnt want to be driving far. I'm really at a loss cause on previous trips we usually spend all our time at the parks but I know my parents would like to do other things too. TIA!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Hi there, I would have no worries at all on the beach with a one year old. Get one of those uv suits with a hat (supermarkets sell them now too) if you are concerned but if you use a good sun cream, you should be fine. Have a nice long leisurely lunch out if the sun and then hit the beach again!

We are going to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium which has lots to see including Winter the Dolphin (Dolphin Tale film fame). I have not been to the aquarium before but the children are so excited. It is a lovely family film based on a true rescue story so you'd parents would probably enjoy watching it and going to see the aquarium too xxx

Would you consider air boat rides or visiting some of the many (green not theme) parks around Orlando?

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Could I please ask how long it would take to get to the Clearwater marine aquarium?

Debs x
Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #4
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacspad View Post
Could I please ask how long it would take to get to the Clearwater marine aquarium?

Debs x
Around 1.5 hours depending on where you're staying. It is pretty much just one interstate to get there and half way down is Lego Land.

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Thank you, I will have a look into that!

Debs x
Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #6
irisheyes123
DIS Veteran

I took my at the time 9 month old twins to st petes beach in January. The day we went was in the low 80s and they did fine we just made sure they had plenty of sun cream on. I have a pic in my signature of the day on the beach . We are going back in June and plan to go back to the beach for a beach day .

irisheyes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for that guys! A beach day it is then Now just to figure out which one to do! That aquarium sounds nice, might be a good idea to get out of the afternoon heat if we hit Clearwater! We're thinking of visiting a state park on one of our other off days so I really must research them to find the best one for us

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: