Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #91
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manydaves View Post
Checked at 5 a.m. on the day our window opened and I found several openings for a party of 4, but nothing for our party of 5. Called Dis Dining to see if we could add a person onto our reservation for 4, and was told nicely but firmly absolutely not. She did say BOG stays overbooked. Our third kid is killing us ...I told her that perhaps DH and I could switch out halfway through the meal. She laughed, but I wasn't really kidding.

She also said most of BOG's cancellations come at the last minute and check back about a week before the trip. Guess we'll see.
Did you try to find an ADR for 6?

You could keep the ADR for 4 and try to walk up with the extra person
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #92
katt789
DIS Veteran

I got up bright and early on our ressie day and called, and got everything we wanted, including BOG. I find the website to be super sketchy right now, and I would call if I were you.

I did manage to get a BOG adr within a month of leaving for our Feb trip!! That was just magic though haha. Clearly someone had cancelled and I was checking every day, sometimes twice a day.

Lunch is another great option as well, I've done lunch twice and dinner once so far, and yes, dinner was better, but lunch was still amazing!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #93
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Did you try to find an ADR for 6?

You could keep the ADR for 4 and try to walk up with the extra person
Always round up instead of down. You will not be charged the no-show fee unless the entire party doesn't show up.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #94
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminnie View Post

I wouldn't count on this. When we were there, there were a lot of people being turned away that were trying for a walk up. My DD also tried for a walk up a few days later and was turned away.

I'd keep checking every day, especially as your date gets closer. Some people make multiple reservations and then cancel the ones they don't need once they firm up all their plans. You could also see if your hotel concierge can help a day or two in advance. If someone is going to cancel, they need to do it 24 hrs. in advance or pay a fee.
I agree also. In February they were turning people away. I mean anything is possible months from now but I wouldn't count on being a walk up and getting a table. You can try but don't be too disappointed if they turn you away.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #95
rmsdsp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I called at 5am CST and got in on my first date to look...it was 8:40 but with 5 in our party, figured I better take it! Good luck!!
My family had this same reservation time. IMHO, it is actually the best slot available. We returned to MK around 7 after a swim and some well deserved rest. We were able to catch the Electrical parade from the train station. After the parade, we walked over to Casey's to view Wishes. By the time the fire works Were over, you have 10-15 minutes to walk to Beast's bridge to check in for your reservation. However, this was before daylight savings time. You may want a later reservation.

Trip History:
CBR Feb/Mar 2013
rmsdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #96
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

Yes, I looked for six as well. Four was it. I just had to go with what was available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Always round up instead of down. You will not be charged the no-show fee unless the entire party doesn't show up.
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #97
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

I was fortunate to snag BoG and LeCellier for my October trip!! Shocking right? I should go and buy a lotto ticket this week...lol. That by phone. But other times I've tried late at nite..like after midnight. Maybe that's when they update the resides. Keep trying
Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #98
Disneyliscious
DIS Veteran

Was online (via the old website) yesterday to book for Oct. 7th, party of 4. Nothing at all available. Checked for party sizes of 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Today was rinse and repeat for October 8th. This wasn't my ideal day because I didnt want to do BOG on a MNSSHP night because I didnt want to risk missing the parade/fireworks.

Checked for party of 4 and nothing available again (we have 3 in our party). Checked for 3 - nothing. Checked for 2 and there was a 4:30pm and an 8:40pm. I snagged the 4:30pm (our 3rd person is tentative anyway at this point). Checked again and there was a 4:10pm and 8:40 pm for party of 2. I kept the 4:30 reservation because we cant enter the park till 4pm and that gives us time to walk to the restaurant.

Decided to check the day before for the heck of it, which was the original day I wanted and much to my disbelief there was a 4:15 for a party of 4 so I grabbed it! Someone must have just cancelled it or something because I checked several times yesterday and there was nothing for Oct 7th.

FWIW, there is still an 8:40pm for a party of 2 avail for Oct 8th right now!
Disneyliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #99
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyliscious View Post
Was online (via the old website) yesterday to book for Oct. 7th, party of 4. Nothing at all available. Checked for party sizes of 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Today was rinse and repeat for October 8th. This wasn't my ideal day because I didnt want to do BOG on a MNSSHP night because I didnt want to risk missing the parade/fireworks.

Checked for party of 4 and nothing available again (we have 3 in our party). Checked for 3 - nothing. Checked for 2 and there was a 4:30pm and an 8:40pm. I snagged the 4:30pm (our 3rd person is tentative anyway at this point). Checked again and there was a 4:10pm and 8:40 pm for party of 2. I kept the 4:30 reservation because we cant enter the park till 4pm and that gives us time to walk to the restaurant.

Decided to check the day before for the heck of it, which was the original day I wanted and much to my disbelief there was a 4:15 for a party of 4 so I grabbed it! Someone must have just cancelled it or something because I checked several times yesterday and there was nothing for Oct 7th.

FWIW, there is still an 8:40pm for a party of 2 avail for Oct 8th right now!
I was able to get a 4:30 on our mnsshp night which will work out perfect. Did you try early?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #100
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

I just got an ADR for BOG, 9/16 at 8:05. Used the "old" site, was a bit slow, but no problem. When I try to go through MDE app, no matter what restaurant I'm looking at, it tells me I have to call for a reservation. So, I have been sticking with the old site
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR Hoping! CSR Oct 2014 June 2015 CSR

butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #101
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

I tried for every day of my Oct. trip and was shut down every day.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #102
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

I was not able to get through on the phone line for our March trip. If this happens to you and you are a DVC member, call member services when they open. I was able to get my reservations that way. Good luck.

By the way, when we went to BOG in December we really enjoyed our meal. For March, not so much.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #103
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

I booked as soon as the window opened up and had no problem getting a 415 on Sept. 29th for 8 of us. Although wasnt really sure I wanted this reservation as I havent read alot of positve reviews on the dinner meal, but since it is somewhere we have not tried before I opted to keep the reservation and hope we like it. Any thoughts on the food anyone who has been?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #104
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

got one at 4:50 on Oct 17th our last night! perfect for a party night too! I had 2 windows searching at exactly 5 am my time yea now back to rest until it is time to get DD#1 up!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #105
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

OP here. I've tried every day (online only) for a hypothetical 180 day ADR and there's been nothing. We'll be a group of only 2 but I tried for up to 4 and still nothing. Tried the old website and the new one.

I'll get on the phone and do it when I need to for real. It seems that people are having better luck.

We're doing a "ninja" trip for Wine and Dine weekend and I have a very small window that I can book. I was hoping for something for Friday, Nov 8 in the hope that it's also the first MVMCP but would take Sunday the 10th as well.

We will also be kidless so standing in line a bit for a possible lunch seating is an option as well.

I've got a few weeks to go. I'm still hoping for the best!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: