Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
tj2002
Earning My Ears

2 TS in one day at Epcot during flower & garden festival?

Thinking about my upcoming ADRs for my trip in May. Currently, on an Epcot day I have 2 TS meals scheduled. Should I reconsider this plan, since we might want to do a lot of snacking with the flower & garden festival booths?

tj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you are going to spend time snacking you may not want two full restaurant meals on the same day.

There are fewer booths than Food & Wine and fewer choices at each one, but the portions appear to me to be larger.
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Not hearing the best reviews of the food booths. What are your two ADRS? Buffets or somewhere like Ohanas then yes, I would change one to another day.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Last trip, we did Le Cellier and Coral Reef for lunch and dinner and we wouldn't do it again. We had Le Cellier for dinner and we were too full from Coral Reef to really enjoy our meal. I wouldn't consider doing 2 table service AND Festival snacks.

I wouldn't have a lunch planned and maybe have a reservation for dinner. This way if you're still hungry, you can order a big meal. If you're not hungry, you can order something lighter.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 04-10-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

If your first table service is at 11:30 and your second one is late, like 7:00 or later, you might be hungry enough? All the walking could work up your appetite. But also, if it's real hot out, you might not be hungry, especially for a heavy meal, which is what usually happens to me and DH.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
DisFam11
Mouseketeer

We usually do 2 TS everyday when we are there. Usually breakfast and dinner, but we have done an early lunch and late dinner. I think if they are spaced out you will be fine. But my husband and son eat a lot
DisFam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
tj2002
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys. I didn't even think about how the hot weather might also affect how hungry we are. Now which one to cancel? I had coral reef for lunch and garden grill for dinner.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2002 View Post
Thanks guys. I didn't even think about how the hot weather might also affect how hungry we are. Now which one to cancel? I had coral reef for lunch and garden grill for dinner.
My family has on occasion have done two TS meals in one day, but when we do that, we try for an 11:30 am lunch and an 8:00 pm dinner. There is usually enough time for a small snack in the middle of the day. Still, if you want to try most of the items at the F&G festival, I would forgo one of the TS meals.

Personally, I think I would pick F&G for lunch and then a TS dinner. F&G lunch means a lot of walking because the booths are pretty spread out and there aren't a lot of places to sit and eat. My family will often "stage" somewhere (e.g., Liberty Inn) and then get the samples from the booths nearby. This way we at least have somewhere to sit down while we eat (I don't like standing up and trying to cut things). Then by dinner time (especially if it's hot and/or humid), I'm ready to sit down and relax somewhere air conditioned.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

We haven't experienced the F&G booths, but we had a similar experience at F&W. We're not fans of CS, so we always eat 2 TS meals a day. It's usually breakfast or the earliest lunch & dinner. We did the same thing the last time we went during the F&W festival, & regretted it. Two days were spent in Epcot, but we were too full to try anything from the booths. We won't make that mistake again.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcghee2024 View Post
Not hearing the best reviews of the food booths. What are your two ADRS? Buffets or somewhere like Ohanas then yes, I would change one to another day.
Not sure what your source is, but I have been very impressed with the food booths
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

If you want to do snacking I would definitely get rid of one TS. I would probably get rid of the GG for dinner and keep the CR at lunch. Then you can just head to WS and plan on spending the afternoon/evening.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #12
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcghee2024
Not hearing the best reviews of the food booths.
I've been reading good reviews of the F&G food booths. And, I enjoyed them myself last month.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 04-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcghee2024 View Post
Not hearing the best reviews of the food booths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Not sure what your source is, but I have been very impressed with the food booths
Add us to the list of those 'not' impressed with the F&G food kiosks. Here now, and haven't really felt that our choices were worth the effort or $$'s.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
tj2002
Earning My Ears

I am sure we'll end up trying a few things at the kiosks...I think I may go back to 2 adrs. I am thinking maybe coral reef light lunch ie fish and teppan edo...where we would probably order scallops. If we are eating lighter we can fit in the goodies from the festival.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #15
pixie08
DIS Veteran

For us it is a lot especially with other WS cs places if you want to try things like in norway or France. We did 2 adr's once when there were no events and with snacks we felt sick. If you are intent on trying 2, then maybe split an app and an entree or something very light at lunch.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: