Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #2326
CalicoSky
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiereeve View Post
OK POR experts...what's your fave meal at Boatwright's...or do you just prefer the food court? Thanks!
I really enjoyed the jambalaya with a pecan pie chaser! I want my fairy godmother to take me there for some right now.

*looks around* Well, darn. Still in the cold and rainy Midwest.

The food court's great too, though...favorite thing there by far is the create-your-own-pasta bar, but have also had selections from the carving station which was a nice and tasty comfort-food sort of dinner.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #2327
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoSky View Post
I really enjoyed the jambalaya with a pecan pie chaser! I want my fairy godmother to take me there for some right now.

The food court's great too, though...favorite thing there by far is the create-your-own-pasta bar, but have also had selections from the carving station which was a nice and tasty comfort-food sort of dinner.
Now having an even harder time waiting !!! Pecan Pie every night for 2 weeks ?

going to require a lot of running ...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #2328
zabache
DIS Veteran

I've never been but I already have ADR for Boatwright's and would love your feedback once you get back. Someone mentioned the beet and goat cheese salad was good, unless it's at another restaurant.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 18-23, 2014 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #2329
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

No-Parks Trip?

Our kids are grown-up, sort-of. So we are considering a no-kids visit to POR this fall for a week sometime in Aug/Sept/Oct. We have been to DW many times. We are thinking about a no-parks trip. Just hang out at POR, swim, boat ride to DTD, peek at some of the fancy resorts, eat, etc. My wife loves to just lay around and get sun burned, however I get bored quickly. Has anyone done this? How did it go?
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #2330
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Don't think we will be doing it this trip my younger DD is the one who really wanted to do it but unfortunately she won't turn 4 until 4 or 5 days after we are at HS.
And you plan to tell them that??? They won't check her birth certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
So do you know which wal mart would be closest if we go from DTD?
From Downtown Disney, definitely the one on SR535. Just drive down Hotel Plaza Boulevard, and at the Crossroads traffic lights junction at the end turn right and drive for 3 miles to WalMart.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 04-10-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #2331
lhk617
Earning My Ears

Just changed from AoA to POR July 12-19 can't wait first time taking my dd3 1/2 and dd 15 months!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #2332
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhk617 View Post
Just changed from AoA to POR July 12-19 can't wait first time taking my dd3 1/2 and dd 15 months!!!
So exciting. My baby is 19 months but during our trip he will be 23 months. What made you change from AoA? I looked at possibly staying there but they didn't have a sale on their mermaid rooms, they only had the suites which were more expensive than staying at POR. I'm glad I picked POR. I think it will be a calmer, quieter place.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 18-23, 2014 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #2333
chptrk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiereeve View Post
OK POR experts...what's your fave meal at Boatwright's...or do you just prefer the food court? Thanks!
Breakfast! When they used to serve it. I don't understand why they don't have breakfast there anymore. It made a great alternative to the food court and I'm typically more inclined to eat breakfast at the resort than any other meal.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #2334
cburek
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips on faxing POR a few days prior to arrival. I went and checked in at 730a and even though the room was not ready they were able to accomodate us is the same room for all nights. I had booked 1 night in a riverview room and 2 nights in a preferred room. It was the only way would could get in for all 3 nights. I really lucked out. The location was perfect. AB corner room with a riverview in building 18. I had requested 14 or 27 but this was actually better.POR is great. Never felt too crowded. Food Court I think is the best on property. Room was exceptionally clean. Never made it to the main pool area since the smaller quieter pools were so relaxing we ended up hanging there. Kids really enjoyed themselves. I like this property as much as Wilderness Lodge maybe even a little better. Dont let my husband know I said that though
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #2335
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburek View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for the tips on faxing POR a few days prior to arrival. I went and checked in at 730a and even though the room was not ready they were able to accomodate us is the same room for all nights. I had booked 1 night in a riverview room and 2 nights in a preferred room. It was the only way would could get in for all 3 nights. I really lucked out. The location was perfect. AB corner room with a riverview in building 18. I had requested 14 or 27 but this was actually better.POR is great. Never felt too crowded. Food Court I think is the best on property. Room was exceptionally clean. Never made it to the main pool area since the smaller quieter pools were so relaxing we ended up hanging there. Kids really enjoyed themselves. I like this property as much as Wilderness Lodge maybe even a little better. Dont let my husband know I said that though
Oh this is great!!! We stayed WL last year for our first trip and loved it (but not the price) and we are arriving at POR in a few weeks. I hope we love it too!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #2336
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by chptrk View Post
Breakfast! When they used to serve it. I don't understand why they don't have breakfast there anymore. It made a great alternative to the food court and I'm typically more inclined to eat breakfast at the resort than any other meal.
I agree! It was right up there with Kona Cafe IMHO.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #2337
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoSky View Post

PECAN PIE!!! I'm in trouble!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #2338
cburek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Oh this is great!!! We stayed WL last year for our first trip and loved it (but not the price) and we are arriving at POR in a few weeks. I hope we love it too!!!
We had visited all the moderates in the past and never really thought much about them. We had ALWAYS stayed/preferred the Wilderness Lodge until last year. Dont get me wrong I love love love the WL but something about POR just has me hooked. Could be the pricing? Maybe but the overall size of the rooms, food court,pools and arcade for my boys are certainly all a + for us.Have a great time
Old 04-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #2339
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Silly question, and has probably been asked in this thread but I can't find it haha - how long does it take to get to each park from POR? This is our first time staying and we were planning on getting there for rope drop most days... hopefully haha. Just need to plan what time to leave the hotel each morning!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #2340
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
Silly question, and has probably been asked in this thread but I can't find it haha - how long does it take to get to each park from POR? This is our first time staying and we were planning on getting there for rope drop most days... hopefully haha. Just need to plan what time to leave the hotel each morning!
Oh Andre posted the time estimates a while back ... hrm ...

You should be at the Magic Kingdom within about 15-20 minutes, Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios will take about 10-15 minutes, while Animal Kingdom is the furthest away at about 20 minutes.

For everything Bus and Port Orleans related, check this site:
http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: