Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

Last Sept DH and I went on a couples trip to WDW. I read all the negative reviews on Tony's and decided to book it anyways. I went with an open mind about it and we were both pleasantly suprised. We thought it was a pretty good meal. Was it the greatest italian meal ever? No, but it was a good meal and we would definitely dine there again.

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #32
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

We liked Tony's; especially lunch. They have really good paninis and flatbreads. I think the atmosphere is charming and I've never had bad service there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #33
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

We've only ever gotten the spaghetti & meatballs and thought it was great (gone 3x over the years). It's just spaghetti & meatballs for sure but what would you expect? I hate chef boyardee and generally don't like all food in a can/out of a box including soups so I have really never understood that comparison. At home we make our own marinara with tons of chunks so I'm not even a Prego or Ragu girl either. To each their own!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #34
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
We've only ever gotten the spaghetti & meatballs and thought it was great (gone 3x over the years). It's just spaghetti & meatballs for sure but what would you expect? I hate chef boyardee and generally don't like all food in a can/out of a box including soups so I have really never understood that comparison. At home we make our own marinara with tons of chunks so I'm not even a Prego or Ragu girl either. To each their own!
I expected a sauce that didn't taste like pure tomato paste and pasta that wasn't rock hard. And I guess meatballs and chicken parm that tasted good lol. Just not worth it for us, too many places we do like!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I agree food at Tomys is very bland.. Ate lunch and dinner & lunch was better.. Panini guess you can't mess that up!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #36
skeletor40
Don't you know? Cartoon villains walk this world!

First, I want to thank everybody for posting their Tony experiences. I've gone back and forth on whether to cancel my reservation. I'm keeping it because I want to try Tony's once and I've eaten at Colonial Harbor House and Cosmic Ray's too many times. I'm going to be a brave soul and order the spaghetti.
skeletor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #37
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletor40
First, I want to thank everybody for posting their Tony experiences. I've gone back and forth on whether to cancel my reservation. I'm keeping it because I want to try Tony's once and I've eaten at Colonial Harbor House and Cosmic Ray's too many times. I'm going to be a brave soul and order the spaghetti.
Thumbsup
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #38
kashzan
Earning My Ears

Tried Tony's a few times, and definately not a fan.
kashzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #39
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Ate at Tony;s when we were there mid March. MK was slammed that day. We were "winging it" and paying OOP. (usually we do DDP). Anyway, we decided to eat in the park and not to take the time to go to Contemporary or something because we had Space FPs coming due. (BTW - FP enforcement really interfered with attempts to wing it).

We decided we really wanted Table Service so we went to Tony's as the most likely place to get a seat. (I'd been trying to make a ressie earlier in the day using the Disney app and wifi refused to work)

They told us a 1-1.5 hr wait. DH really wanted a TS meal so we sat and waited. I asked about coming back in a half hr but the waitress said we might get called sooner and not to leave. So we sat. It was OK - they had Lady and the Tramp playing as well a guy showing the kids how to toss a pizza.

We eventually made it in. The kids re-created the sphagetti scene (from a distance) and then made DH and I do the real thing. So we got some fun pics. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Can't remember what we ate though. I know my son had sphagetti. It wasn't amazing - but solidly good and we were happy we made the effort to eat there. It hit the spot for us.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #40
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletor40 View Post
Good choice!
BTW, I'm a Savannah girl originally!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: