Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #16
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post

You can definitely move your deposit. Reports vary over whether the OBC stays and appears to be luck of the draw based on who answers the phone at DCL. You will never get to keep the 10% discount, as you are already getting the Kids Sail Free fare reduction.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks! I forgot about the 10% since I've never done an obb. Makes sense that would be lost with ksf.
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #17
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
You can definitely move your deposit. Reports vary over whether the OBC stays and appears to be luck of the draw based on who answers the phone at DCL. You will never get to keep the 10% discount, as you are already getting the Kids Sail Free fare reduction.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
No. No DCL OBC is preserved as KSF requires a complete new booking. The OBC is tied to the reservation number and when you book KSF, a new one is issued.

Basically, you cannot combine offers that include a booking code. OBB does in fact use a booking code. Similarly, KSF, MIL, Disney Visa Rewards, all use a booking code.

The only offers that can be combined are *GT rates with Disney Visa Rewards OBC. The *GT rates do not require a booking code and hence one (such as the visa one) can be applied, but DCL needs to do it. (it worked for me last August). Or the infrequent 'online booking OBC'. That one can be combined with the Disney Visa OBC.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #18
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
No. No DCL OBC is preserved as KSF requires a complete new booking. The OBC is tied to the reservation number and when you book KSF, a new one is issued.

Basically, you cannot combine offers that include a booking code. OBB does in fact use a booking code. Similarly, KSF, MIL, Disney Visa Rewards, all use a booking code.

The only offers that can be combined are *GT rates with Disney Visa Rewards OBC. The *GT rates do not require a booking code and hence one (such as the visa one) can be applied, but DCL needs to do it. (it worked for me last August). Or the infrequent 'online booking OBC'. That one can be combined with the Disney Visa OBC.
This is why I said there's no way to know for sure, because yes, that's the rule, but as with all things DCL, there are numerous reports of CMs making exceptions and allowing OBC to follow an OBB that gets turned into a KSF. I don't agree with them doing it, but it's not up to me. Since I don't work for them I don't know how they make it work in the system, but clearly it can be done.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #19
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

So the way to get the best rate from. dummy cruise is to rebook the desired cruise/date the day it comes out?
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #20
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

my DH and I just cruised the Fantasy and did a dummy booking, it is completely normal. Ours is for Dec 3, 2014 Magic 10A. For 2 adults and one child age 14 is 1324.80 and so 10% down was only $133. We just said we don't know when we want to go and this is what they gave us, the furthest out booking you could get then.

My question is: could we have booked 2 separate reservations, or is it only two cabins on the same sailing?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #21
runwad
Can someone tell me how to play SPUD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbon6 View Post
Ok here is my question on the issue...if I book a dummy 3 day cruise for two adults and 1 kid ....I will book it and only pay a 10% deposit and get a small on board credit. If I later decide that I want to go on a 7 day cruise I will obviously have to pay an additional down payment. Will the down payment be 10%? Will I get the greater on board credit? Will I still get the 10% off on the 7 day cruise? Leaving in in 10 days!!!!!!
This made me think of something. Maybe I should book a dummy 7 day cruise just so I'm locked in on that greater OBC. That way if they ever change it and make it lower or even change the requirements for an OBC maybe I'd already be grandfathered in???

Seems like I remember someone being mad at something they lost when rules were changed and they weren't informed or grandfathered in. I'll have to think about that and crunch some numbers.
runwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you put one adult in each room, the cost is the same as if you put two adults in each room as you are paying the 100% single supplement. If you are trying to cut down the amount of the deposit, this would be counterproductive. Not to mention that if the price goes up before the time you add the kids, you'll be paying the higher price to add the kids.

Quote:
My question is: could we have booked 2 separate reservations, or is it only two cabins on the same sailing?
You may book up to two staterooms on one future cruise, per household, and get onboard booking benefits. You can't book two separate future cruises while on your next cruise and get benefits on both.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: