Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #1696
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
It took DCL long enough but we're finally gonna get to Venice by going back to the Med this summer. I was scrolling back through this thread and thinking of how much we've learned about traveling since we originally went 6 years ago. Anyone else out there still? Anyone else sailing the Med this summer?
We still continue thecruise with DCL after this cruise Med Cruise.... Panama Canal, Dover to Barcelona, then Freedom of the Seas at Eastern Caribbean..

Afraid so that we are sailing from Venice, Greek, Turkey this July but not with DCL But we booked 14 days cruise from Barcelona to San Juan next year

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #1697
Crissup
Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first
Haunted by Tag Fairy droppings

Quote:

It took DCL long enough but we're finally gonna get to Venice by going back to the Med this summer. I was scrolling back through this thread and thinking of how much we've learned about traveling since we originally went 6 years ago. Anyone else out there still? Anyone else sailing the Med this summer?
Wishing you were on our panama cruise next month. We had a lot of fun.

Sent via my iThingy
Crissup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #1698
DLRPfan.be
Mouseketeer

Quote:
In september we do the Alaskan one, and also considering seriously the transatlantic from Barcelona in 2014. And last week, we visited Venice for 3 days with some friends...

Disneyland Resort Paris: we lost the count...
WDW Florida: 1 x in 1993, 1 x in 2003, 1 x in 2009...
Disneyland California: 1 x in 2005

1st. Mediterranean Cruise with the "Disney Magic": 18-28 July 2007.

Western Caribbean Cruise: 25 july - 1 august 2009.
8 night Repositioning Cruise Dover to Barcelona: 30 July 2010.
2nd. Mediterranean Cruise 20 - 30 july with the "Disney Magic" 2011.
Alaska Cruise 2 - 9 sept. with Disney Wonder 2013.
Vancouver to Los Angeles repocruise with Disney Wonder 2013.

WBTA 2014, 6 - 20 sept. with Disney Magic.
DLRPfan.be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #1699
Judah722
'Remember who you are!' Indiana - USA

Quote:
We have great memories of that trip! Celebrated our 25th
This year we are returning - and we are doing the Venice thing as well but we are going in Oct on Celebrity ( I almost feel like a trader But the timing and price point was not working for us.

We did take the Magic last year ( their first 4 night in like 10 years ) with extended family - and as it turned out our first return to the magic since the med but what made it so very special this time was that my wife had just returned from nicaragua with our 2 newest girls 4 and 8. That was a pretty special trip as well!
Blessings you all

Wonder - 4 night - Sept 7 -08
Magic - 10 night Med - (25th Anniversary) July 07
Wonder - 4 night - Sept 07
DW and DD - Wonder - 4 night - 05
Judah722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #1700
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
We still continue thecruise with DCL after this cruise Med Cruise.... Panama Canal, Dover to Barcelona, then Freedom of the Seas at Eastern Caribbean..

Afraid so that we are sailing from Venice, Greek, Turkey this July but not with DCL But we booked 14 days cruise from Barcelona to San Juan next year

Scottishwee35
How wonderful that you have some amazing itineraries ahead. We did the Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean in 2009 - it's a beautiful ship and a fun itinerary. If DCL hadn't set an itinerary for Venice, we would have been sailing on another cruiseline but probably not until next summer. We opted for this summer just in case they didn't go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissup View Post

Sent via my iThingy
Ah, I would love to do the Panama Canal - on my "bucket list" - I need to plan a trip through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRPfan.be View Post
In september we do the Alaskan one, and also considering seriously the transatlantic from Barcelona in 2014. And last week, we visited Venice for 3 days with some friends...
We are so excited about Venice. We're doing a DCL excursion to Murano and Burano, and then we're doing a Secret Itinerary tour of Doge's Palace - then just wandering around to see what we can see. It's an overnight stop which I'm seriously stoked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah722 View Post
We have great memories of that trip! Celebrated our 25th
This year we are returning - and we are doing the Venice thing as well but we are going in Oct on Celebrity ( I almost feel like a trader But the timing and price point was not working for us.

We did take the Magic last year ( their first 4 night in like 10 years ) with extended family - and as it turned out our first return to the magic since the med but what made it so very special this time was that my wife had just returned from nicaragua with our 2 newest girls 4 and 8. That was a pretty special trip as well!
Blessings you all
Congratulations on the expansion of your family - what a wonderful way to celebrate!

We aren't exclusive to DCL and as the boys are getting older (this will be Nathan's last year to participate in the youth activities), that opens up more opportunities for us. We sailed on the Carnival Dream for Christmas 2011 and loved it so much that we're doing it again this Christmas - same itinerary, same cabin - it goes to Belize, Honduras, Cozumel and Costa Maya.

DH and I are thinking about adding River cruises to our wish list for when the boys are out of the house and we don't feel obligated to take them on vacation with us (LOL).

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #1701
Judah722
'Remember who you are!' Indiana - USA

Ok if knew how to use this board better I would send you a private message. However - your comment about the Carnival Dream piques my curiousity. I sailed the Jewel of Seas last fall with my brother - loved the trip New England. But felt the dining experience felt like a huge ship compared to Disney. DW and I have done sailed the NCL Star and found it really disappointing. I found the Jewel to lack an edge stacked against Disney on several points. Hence we choose Celebrity - reveiws seem to put it a level up from RCCL.

With all the bad stuff that has occured on Carnival and the general 'party' reputation we have steared clear of Carnival. So if you need to private message me its fine. But i am really curious as they are much more affordable.

thanks
Ben

We are so excited about Venice. We're doing a DCL excursion to Murano and Burano, and then we're doing a Secret Itinerary tour of Doge's Palace - then just wandering around to see what we can see. It's an overnight stop which I'm seriously stoked about.

Congratulations on the expansion of your family - what a wonderful way to celebrate!

We aren't exclusive to DCL and as the boys are getting older (this will be Nathan's last year to participate in the youth activities), that opens up more opportunities for us. We sailed on the Carnival Dream for Christmas 2011 and loved it so much that we're doing it again this Christmas - same itinerary, same cabin - it goes to Belize, Honduras, Cozumel and Costa Maya.

DH and I are thinking about adding River cruises to our wish list for when the boys are out of the house and we don't feel obligated to take them on vacation with us (LOL).[/QUOTE]

Wonder - 4 night - Sept 7 -08
Magic - 10 night Med - (25th Anniversary) July 07
Wonder - 4 night - Sept 07
DW and DD - Wonder - 4 night - 05
Judah722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #1702
Crissup
Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first
Haunted by Tag Fairy droppings

Quote:
I would love to do the Panama Canal - on my "bucket list" - I need to plan a trip through.
Yes, the Canal was always something that interested me far more than Europe. Carol wanted to do the Med again, and I told here "how many people do you know that have sailed the entire canal from one ocean to another".

Quote:
We sailed ... Carnival ... we're doing it again
Better bring extra portapotties, just in case. ;-)

Quote:
DH and I are thinking about adding River cruises to our wish list for when the boys are out of the house and we don't feel obligated to take them on vacation with us (LOL).
Simon & Cleo just did one on the Mississippi. I think you can find a link to their blog over on their Veness Travel Media site.

I used to be a boater and I loved river boating, going from one river town to the next. Nothing more relaxing to me.

Sent via my iThingy
Crissup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #1703
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sent via my iThingy
hi it is a great experience about Panama Cruise as I would love to do it again but Ian is not keen about it ...

Also we love to go to Alaska, just two of us, when kids get older

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #1704
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah722 View Post
Ok if knew how to use this board better I would send you a private message. However - your comment about the Carnival Dream piques my curiousity. I sailed the Jewel of Seas last fall with my brother - loved the trip New England. But felt the dining experience felt like a huge ship compared to Disney. DW and I have done sailed the NCL Star and found it really disappointing. I found the Jewel to lack an edge stacked against Disney on several points. Hence we choose Celebrity - reveiws seem to put it a level up from RCCL.

With all the bad stuff that has occured on Carnival and the general 'party' reputation we have steared clear of Carnival. So if you need to private message me its fine. But i am really curious as they are much more affordable.
I sailed on an older Carnival ship back in 2006 and said I would NEVER take my family on an older Carnival ship. Lucky for us, the Carnival Dream is a newer ship (LOL). It's laid out better and seemed to be much more family-oriented (although not exclusively). You know how DCL is mostly family-oriented yet they have a pretty good amount of adult-focused stuff? Carnival is the opposite - they have enough family stuff to keep families entertained and engaged and enjoy the cruise, but there is a lot for adults only. We especially enjoyed the comedy club they have and they do family shows which we went to and adult shows which DH and I went to.

I say that to say that if Carnival has an itinerary that appeals to you and a price that is affordable and the ship is one of their newer ships, then I'd consider it. We had such a good experience that we booked again for Christmas this year - and it's about 1/2 the price of a DCL cruise that same week. We do want to experience the Disney Fantasy but until we can go at an off-peak week or until they hit an itinerary that is a "must do" for us, we'll have to wait. We did a lot of reading on Cruise Critic just after booking and still within our cancellation window and found enough balanced reviews to feel comfortable about going the first time - and were happy with it. We like a lot of things that Carnival offers that Disney doesn't - like the My Time Dining and we found the food to be better plus more dining options for dinner and lunch. But the kids still say Disney wins the Youth Programs hands down - so as long as they can participate, that's a major factor for us. They hated the Royal Caribbean one when they were 12 and 13 but were ok with the Carnival one at 13 and 14. This summer they are 17 and nearly 16 so it will likely be their last trip through DCL's Youth Programs.

Quote:
Yes, the Canal was always something that interested me far more than Europe. Carol wanted to do the Med again, and I told here "how many people do you know that have sailed the entire canal from one ocean to another".

Simon & Cleo just did one on the Mississippi. I think you can find a link to their blog over on their Veness Travel Media site.
We saw some River Cruise boats in St. Petersburg - did you notice them?
And I was thinking if we did the Panama Canal going from East to West, we would have to spend some extra days in California - or maybe fly to Hawaii to go to Aulani - hhhmmmmm.... I need to get our TA on it Thanks for the info about Simon and Cleo - I'll take a look.

We are blogging our Med cruises this summer - link in my sig line (or here - medcruise2013.blogspot.com). I know it's early

Old 04-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #1705
ButterbearUK
Mouseketeer

Venice

Hi Cindy, and everyone else!

We are planning to go to the Greek Islands on the Magic in 2014 - booked on opening day...

Let us know how the Venice sailings are this year!
WDW Offsite Aug 1990 ~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Opening Week April 1992 ~ WDW Contemporary Aug 1994 ~ DL Offsite Aug 1995 ~ WDW Dixie Landings Aug 1998 ~ WDW Offsite Aug 2001 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside Jan 2005 ~ WDW Pop Century Dec 2005 ~ DCL July 2007 10 day Med Cruise ~ WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge Sept 2009 ~ WDW AKL September 2011
Disney Magic 9 night Med Cruise June 2014- Can't Wait!!!!!!
ButterbearUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #1706
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterbearUK View Post
Hi Cindy, and everyone else!

We are planning to go to the Greek Islands on the Magic in 2014 - booked on opening day...

Let us know how the Venice sailings are this year!
Hi Butterbear

We are sailing out of Venice this July and our friend told us that it is so beautiful and amazing

We are looking forward to ...

Scottishwee35

Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #1707
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Can't believe it has been that many years since we took our first cruise we still talk about it. We are going back this summer doing one of the Venice cruises can't wait and then next year we are planning on doing the transatlantic from Barcelona to San Juan.
Melissa
tinkerbell_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #1708
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_29 View Post
Hi everyone! Can't believe it has been that many years since we took our first cruise we still talk about it. We are going back this summer doing one of the Venice cruises can't wait and then next year we are planning on doing the transatlantic from Barcelona to San Juan.
Melissa
Melissa

We are going to transatlantic too

Scottishwee35

Old 04-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #1709
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_29 View Post
Melissa

Melissa - how fun - we were wondering if you all would be cruising this summer but as you aren't on the Meet thread for June 27th that goes to Venice, and you're transatlanticing from BCN to San Juan, I'm assuming you're on the other Venice itinerary - lucky goose. Tell your mom and brother hey from us.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #1710
DLRPfan.be
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Melissa

We are going to transatlantic too

Scottishwee35
Hé, hé, looks like there will be a small reunion onboard in 2014 !

Disneyland Resort Paris: we lost the count...
WDW Florida: 1 x in 1993, 1 x in 2003, 1 x in 2009...
Disneyland California: 1 x in 2005

1st. Mediterranean Cruise with the "Disney Magic": 18-28 July 2007.

Western Caribbean Cruise: 25 july - 1 august 2009.
8 night Repositioning Cruise Dover to Barcelona: 30 July 2010.
2nd. Mediterranean Cruise 20 - 30 july with the "Disney Magic" 2011.
Alaska Cruise 2 - 9 sept. with Disney Wonder 2013.
Vancouver to Los Angeles repocruise with Disney Wonder 2013.

WBTA 2014, 6 - 20 sept. with Disney Magic.
DLRPfan.be is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: