Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #76
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm sort of talking to myself right now...... It might be time for a daily countdown.

285 days!!!
Yay for you!

One day at a time.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #77
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

I'm glad someone understands me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

And every day, one day closer!

That's what I'm thinking. My cruise to-do list is a mile long. Glad I get to rebook on board for Gabby's graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yay for you!

One day at a time.
Exactly! How's the packing coming?

I'm finally working on the last half of my birthday at Disneyland.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #78
rentayenta

284 days!!!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #79
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
284 days!!!

Whoo hooo!

Jill in CO
Old 04-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #80
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
I'm sort of talking to myself right now...... It might be time for a daily countdown.

285 days!!!
I love a countdown!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #81
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I love a countdown!

Me too. We've got a countdown for days left of school which is 43. We've got a countdown to the girls seeing One Direction this summer which is 106. I'm hoping to add a *Disneyland for the holidays* countdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Whoo hooo!

Jill in CO

Its silly but it passes the time. We once did a 400 day Mickey head countdown to WDW. We used the entire basement wall.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #82
jedijill

Quote:
Me too. We've got a countdown for days left of school which is 43. We've got a countdown to the girls seeing One Direction this summer which is 106. I'm hoping to add a *Disneyland for the holidays* countdown.

Its silly but it passes the time. We once did a 400 day Mickey head countdown to WDW. We used the entire basement wall.
Not silly at all...I rarely plan trips that far in advance but I do have my countdown clock going right now on my work PC to count down for my May trip.

Jill in CO
Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #83
rentayenta

Quote:
Not silly at all...I rarely plan trips that far in advance but I do have my countdown clock going right now on my work PC to count down for my May trip.

Jill in CO

Your F&G trip is almost just 3 weeks away! And I see your cruising for your 40th? What a wonderful way to celebrate.

Where are you staying during F&G?

Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #84
jedijill

Quote:
Your F&G trip is almost just 3 weeks away! And I see your cruising for your 40th? What a wonderful way to celebrate.

Where are you staying during F&G?
I'm so excited! I need a vacation! I'm staying at OKW in May.

I decided I wanted to eat at Remy for my 40th (somehow those hot French waiters make aging easier!) so I booked a 4 night in October and I'm filling out the week at AKV for F&W (waitlisted at BLT).

Jill in CO
Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #85
Pinkocto

Quote:

I agree, not silly at all. I have countdowns for all my vacations that are currently booked, one is 514 days away. I just like seeing them all I hope you get that DL ticker!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 04-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #86
rentayenta

Quote:
I'm so excited! I need a vacation! I'm staying at OKW in May.

I decided I wanted to eat at Remy for my 40th (somehow those hot French waiters make aging easier!) so I booked a 4 night in October and I'm filling out the week at AKV for F&W (waitlisted at BLT).

Jill in CO
I love OKW! It's so peaceful and I love the pastel colors and theme. It's a great resort.

Hot French waiters? I need to eat there too! That's going to be a blast! Where do you cruise out of and where are your ports? Will the cruise be before or after WDW in October?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I agree, not silly at all. I have countdowns for all my vacations that are currently booked, one is 514 days away. I just like seeing them all I hope you get that DL ticker!

I hope I get that ticker too. DH and I are discussing it. I can try for the GCV in May. I really need to add on there. In retrospect we should have bought there initially.

Where are you going in 514 days? I love seeing tickers too. I think I started one of my WDW trip reports at we'll over 500 days away. I guess it ended up to be more of a blog than pre-trip report.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #87
jedijill

Quote:
I love OKW! It's so peaceful and I love the pastel colors and theme. It's a great resort.

Hot French waiters? I need to eat there too! That's going to be a blast! Where do you cruise out of and where are your ports? Will the cruise be before or after WDW in October?

Oh yeah, I love me some Remy now. I'm going to try to do both dinner and brunch. Dinner is the equivilant to V&A with both a French and American menu. The waiters are mostly French...I love the accent! I'm doing the 4 night on the Dream out of Port Canaveral with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. I am flying down on Saturday and the cruise leaves on Sunday. Since October in the Rockies is unpredictable and the time change, I always fly in the day before. I get off the cruise on Thursday and will be in WDW until I fly home on Sunday.

Jill in CO
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #88
rentayenta

Quote:
Oh yeah, I love me some Remy now. I'm going to try to do both dinner and brunch. Dinner is the equivilant to V&A with both a French and American menu. The waiters are mostly French...I love the accent! I'm doing the 4 night on the Dream out of Port Canaveral with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. I am flying down on Saturday and the cruise leaves on Sunday. Since October in the Rockies is unpredictable and the time change, I always fly in the day before. I get off the cruise on Thursday and will be in WDW until I fly home on Sunday.

Jill in CO

I'm so envious (in a good way), that sounds fantastic! Is Remy like Palo? It sounds even nicer. I haven't been to V&A but that also looks wonderful. Might have to try it on our next trip for just DH and myself.

Sounds like a great trip. It's smart to fly in the day before. That's what I'm planning to do when we cruise and fly into Miami a day early.

I just heard from a friend and she's headed to cruise to Mexico today on Carnival and forget her passport and birth certificate. I don't think they're going to allow her on. I'm getting DS a passport before the cruise. All the kids a getting them but he's the only who needs it as of now.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #89
Pinkocto

Oh no about your friend! No, I don't think they'll let her go. I hope I'm wrong and they figure it out.

My 514 countdown is for my transatlantic cruise next September.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #90
jedijill

Quote:
I'm so envious (in a good way), that sounds fantastic! Is Remy like Palo? It sounds even nicer. I haven't been to V&A but that also looks wonderful. Might have to try it on our next trip for just DH and myself.

Sounds like a great trip. It's smart to fly in the day before. That's what I'm planning to do when we cruise and fly into Miami a day early.

I just heard from a friend and she's headed to cruise to Mexico today on Carnival and forget her passport and birth certificate. I don't think they're going to allow her on. I'm getting DS a passport before the cruise. All the kids a getting them but he's the only who needs it as of now.
Remy is "fancier" and more of an experience than Palo (I love them both!). I think Remy was 7-8 courses and about 3 hours. Definitely a good thing for a romantic couples trip.

Your friend is in trouble. I wonder if someone can express her documents to her or was she supposed to board today?

I think you are smart to get the passport. Too many things can happen...plus its good to have it as identification. My wallet was stolen last fall and my passport was critical to getting my driver's license replaced quickly.

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: