Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #16
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
If I remember correctly, the lounge is off the lobby on the inn side. It is really elegant and relaxing. Allearsnet has some great video of it.
Thanks. I will take a look.
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #17
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Thanks everyone. The lounge sounds good. Can you access it and the deck before the bar opens?
Yes, you can enter the lounge area at any time. DD18 and I enjoyed playing checkers there for an afternoon break.

As for getting to the BWI quiet pool, go to the elevator bank for the Inn side. Then either keep walking and exit through the glass doors and walk down the stairs OR you can take the elevator down to the ground level and exit there. You won't see the pool when you exit, but walk through the garden and around another building and it will be there. It's very nice and quiet there.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #18
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
DH and I are checking into BWV for 5 days this weekend. We have 2 resort days planned. We have stayed here before but am looking for others little spots they like to hang out, both at the resort and the boardwalk area.TIA
Muscles and Bustles is a decent fitness facility if you want to get a little work out in. Also, you can schedule massages which are always a treat.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Yes, you can enter the lounge area at any time. DD18 and I enjoyed playing checkers there for an afternoon break.

As for getting to the BWI quiet pool, go to the elevator bank for the Inn side. Then either keep walking and exit through the glass doors and walk down the stairs OR you can take the elevator down to the ground level and exit there. You won't see the pool when you exit, but walk through the garden and around another building and it will be there. It's very nice and quiet there.
Thank you. Just the kind of detailed info I like. I hate walking around a hotel in pool attire, even with a decent cover up on, so I'd much rather know exactly where I am going.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

- sitiing on the wicker chairs on the back balcony
- reading in the nook UNDER the back balcony
- belle vue lounge
- walk to fantasia gardens mini-golf
- eat outside BRG, people watch & drink a beer flight
- have an ice cream (from sweet shoppe) as you watch the nighttime performers, cheer on those playing games
- relax at the prettiest (IMHO) pool on property at the BWI side
- watch a movie by luna park
- rent a bike at community hall, or and/or rackets to play tennis
- jellyrolls
- ESPN
- get a resort fact sheet at the front desk, and check out each one. enjoy the gorgeous lobby
- watch illuminations on the bridge to EPCOT
- walk to DHS, just because you can
- there are lots of photo ops at the BW, so spend time taking pix
- looking out over the crescent lake from sea breeze point
- ping-pong at community hall

Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Have been here for 4 days now and thank you guys for all your help! I am enjoying glass of wine on the back balcony right now,even though my room ( with a huge balcony) is just feet away! Love, love the quiet pool on the inn side, we've been there every afternoon. DH and I spent two hours yesterday morning drinking our coffee on the beach We are early risers so have literally had the whole resort area to ourselves every morning. There's been a few hiccups ( bus transportation has been terrible and once again we never received our room ready text), but overall it has been fabulous. Again, thanks for the input.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
TIMLEO007
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Big River Grille for lunch, cheese dip.....yummy......enjoying the pools during the day when they arent crazy with crowds. Take a tour of the nearby resorts if you havent either, they all have a lot to see and are beautiful.

Trips:

Countless times as a kid growing up in FL
Recent trips as a parent:
5/2002 Hilton Downtown Disney
5/2003 Dolphin concierge
11/2005 Villas at the Wilderness Lodge studio
4/2013 Boardwalk Villas studio

1/2014 Beach Club Villas 2bdrm dedicated
4/2014 Hilton Head Island 2bdrm

TIMLEO007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Have been here for 4 days now and thank you guys for all your help! I am enjoying glass of wine on the back balcony right now,even though my room ( with a huge balcony) is just feet away! Love, love the quiet pool on the inn side, we've been there every afternoon. DH and I spent two hours yesterday morning drinking our coffee on the beach We are early risers so have literally had the whole resort area to ourselves every morning. There's been a few hiccups ( bus transportation has been terrible and once again we never received our room ready text), but overall it has been fabulous. Again, thanks for the input.
I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself and that you found the Inn side quiet pool! I provided the very detailed directions because when we were there last month, a woman was wandering around the gardens on the Inn side trying to reach someone on her cell phone. She looked lost. I smiled at her and then she asked if I could help her get out of the gardens. Once we got into the Inn and the elevator bank, she looked so relieved. "Oh, now I know where I am."

With regard to the busses, the worst IMHO is to and from DTD. We just opted for cabs. We did take the bus to MK, but returned by monorail to Epcot and then walked. DH was much happier with that. We also bussed to AK, but returned via the Epcot bus. Walking through Epcot was never a problem because we always stopped for some food at the WS.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #24
Jonell
DIS Veteran

Don't forget to check out the Wyland Gallery. Its my favorite place on the Boardwalk to shop
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #25
brertoad
DIS Veteran

We love the Belle Vue lounge, you can also grab a pizza from the pizza take-out window and go up to the Belle Vue to eat, as a PP mentioned, you can play board games, there is a balcony with tables where you can enjoy a cocktail or beer.

Also, if you are spending time on the Boardwalk just chilling at the resort, take a walk around the whole lake, you can check out the lounges and restaurants at the other hotels. Kimono's sushi bar has karaoke.

Community Hall has activities, and movie rentals.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: