Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #61
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
I'm staying at CR in August, I already received the discount for the room thought the promotion. Would I receive a bigger discount paying with my Disney Visa or is it the same discount as the currant promo?
It is the same now. It was really only the Disney promo for a few days. We get a jump on most offers a few days prior to the general public release. You would earn rewards by paying with your Disney Visa, though.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #62
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
I'm staying at CR in August, I already received the discount for the room thought the promotion. Would I receive a bigger discount paying with my Disney Visa or is it the same discount as the currant promo?
Current
267 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #63
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You only pay a fee if you get the Premier Visa. The regular Visa has no fee. There is also a regular debit card that offers the same perks, but it does not earn any reward dollars. I have the premier and the debit, so we can actually get two photos per day at EPCOT since we have two different accounts. Last year we did a family shot and a kids only shot, and we did them both two days in a row.
We have the Premier Visa also -additional points already will cover annual fee, but that photo opportunity really sounds like a nice bonus. Brilliant idea to do the kid/family photos with two accounts -I hadn't considered the debit card's value for a second photo!

One more question... in your experience, do they allow personal cameras during the meet and greet, similar to other non-VISA sponsored character greetings?
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #64
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
We have the Premier Visa also -additional points already will cover annual fee, but that photo opportunity really sounds like a nice bonus. Brilliant idea to do the kid/family photos with two accounts -I hadn't considered the debit card's value for a second photo!

One more question... in your experience, do they allow personal cameras during the meet and greet, similar to other non-VISA sponsored character greetings?
Yep! You can take pics or let the photographer take them with your camera. We have never felt rushed and we have been doing it every year for the last 6 years.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #65
momofkids
Mouseketeer

I already have a Chase Visa card that earns 1% on everything and 5% on certain purchases. We have been debating whether or not we should get the Disney Visa. I called Chase about it, and the customer service rep told me the card I had was better (I guess that is a matter of opinion with the perks). She actually told me that I would have to give up my current card in order to get the Disney card. I spoke to someone at the Disney CC customer service number, and they said this wasn't true. I was just wondering if anyone has an answer or holds the Disney card and another Chase Visa. I could probably get around this by having my DH sign up, but the whole thing is just bugging me for some reason.

My second question is how often do they offer the $200 back? Every time I check it is down to the $100 on the premier and $50 on the other Disney Visa.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #66
cindym
Mouseketeer

I have the same chase card that you have. I also have the Disney Chase card. I just got the Disney card a few months ago. I received an offer for a $200 gift card. You can have both cards, the Chase rep was wrong!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #67
momofkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
I have the same chase card that you have. I also have the Disney Chase card. I just got the Disney card a few months ago. I received an offer for a $200 gift card. You can have both cards, the Chase rep was wrong!
Thank you. I am going to watch for the $200 card offer. I figured this wasn't right.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #68
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofkids View Post

Thank you. I am going to watch for the $200 card offer. I figured this wasn't right.
Just call and tell them you had a $200 offer a while ago and you want to sign up now. Good chance they will give it to you. My husbands offer for $200 was over 90 days "expired" but he asked for it an got it.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #69
HD1
Earning My Ears

We like the deals so we carry..er um..or at least have a Chase Marriott card (that at one time gave us a free night just for signing up) and now have the Chase Disney card that gave us $200.00 Disney Gift card for spending 500.00 within 3 months. I had to get some body work done on the car, so we put the insurance check in the checking account and used the card to pay for the body work....then paid off the card.....viola 200.00 gift card came in the mail today, Mickey face and all! We will use it for our Vacation this summer!

Good Luck! Hope this helps!
HD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #70
lhk617
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofkids View Post
I already have a Chase Visa card that earns 1% on everything and 5% on certain purchases. We have been debating whether or not we should get the Disney Visa. I called Chase about it, and the customer service rep told me the card I had was better (I guess that is a matter of opinion with the perks). She actually told me that I would have to give up my current card in order to get the Disney card. I spoke to someone at the Disney CC customer service number, and they said this wasn't true. I was just wondering if anyone has an answer or holds the Disney card and another Chase Visa. I could probably get around this by having my DH sign up, but the whole thing is just bugging me for some reason.

My second question is how often do they offer the $200 back? Every time I check it is down to the $100 on the premier and $50 on the other Disney Visa.
I have two chase visa cards one being the disney visa
Old 04-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #71
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhk617 View Post
I have two chase visa cards one being the disney visa
I have 3: Freedom, Disney, Amazon. Had no issues with getting the 2nd and 3rd cards.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #72
Allaboutamouse
Earning My Ears

I ordered the DV this weekend for an upcoming fall trip. Its arriving in 7-10 days. My plan was to pay the $200 deposit on our debit and then use the DV for the remaining balance at the 45 days. Now I'm wondering, in order to get the 6 month financing does the whole balance need to be on the DV? I'm contacting travel agent today with debit card number for the deposit. Should I just wait another week to get the DV in the mail? I don't want to mess up the 6 month financing over a $200 deposit. It's currently a non-discounted rate if that matters.
Allaboutamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #73
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I would contact your TA then Chase directly to ask. Does your card get processed by the travel Agency (would your statement show $200 to Magic Travel Agency or Walt Disney)? I think a) who takes payment (TA or Disney) matters and b) I am not sure if you have to pay directly to Disney yourself for the interest free offer. you may be fine with the TA but I personally would call both directly to confirm.
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #74
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutamouse View Post
I ordered the DV this weekend for an upcoming fall trip. Its arriving in 7-10 days. My plan was to pay the $200 deposit on our debit and then use the DV for the remaining balance at the 45 days. Now I'm wondering, in order to get the 6 month financing does the whole balance need to be on the DV? I'm contacting travel agent today with debit card number for the deposit. Should I just wait another week to get the DV in the mail? I don't want to mess up the 6 month financing over a $200 deposit. It's currently a non-discounted rate if that matters.
We did not use a TA but did but half the trip on the DV card to start, paid that off before 45 days interest free for 6 months. We then used the DV to pay off the rest of the trip at before 45 days giving us another 6months interest free.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #75
Allaboutamouse
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!!
Allaboutamouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: