DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #1756
Micah008
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
Our very first contract submitted to ROFR today. (2 full weeks after initial offer was sent)


Micah008 --- 50 points AKV (Jun), $72, 50 banked '12 pts, all '13 pts & '14 pts, buyer pays closing & mf (sub 3/15, passed 4/9)
Passed!! Just heard back from Fidelity in the last 10 minutes.
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #1757
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
Passed!! Just heard back from Fidelity in the last 10 minutes.
Congratulations!
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #1758
nd43
Disney Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 182

BLT Contract Accepted

Hi Everyone,

To be upfront, I never really participate in board discussions. As you can see, I am long winded. So no big loss for most!

However, this board has been so helpful I felt obligated to provide what little data I have on any of these subjects as a "pay it forward" for all the great data others have provided here!

We are new to DVC. We have an accepted agreement for an existing contract at BLT:

- BLT 300 PTs Feb UY (308 pts current, 300 more coming in 2/2014)
- We offered $90 - we pay closing - we are also paying current 2013 dues

It is being submitted to Disney this week for ROFR.

After some reflection, we decided not to be too aggressive with our offer (at least I hope the seller & Disney feel that way!). I just wanted to get this done and lock in our first batch of points. I was not trying to get the deal of the century! In my life, I never bought at the bottom - just not that resourceful! (however, I am pretty sure I sold at the bottom - or perhaps created the bottom - several times ). I have no idea what a banana has to do with that statement... but I just liked it. Again, not a regular post guy.

It was interesting to read / see how in 2011 the points for BLT dropped all the way to $60. It then bounced around $60 - $70. It appears to have climbed back to $85 - $100 on the resale market depending on various factors right now.

As a potential future owner, frankly, I would be happy to think a timeshare would "bottom out" at around $60 per point. I think that is still crazy good for a bottom during a very tough economic time for a timeshare. I know it must hurt if you never saw it coming, but honestly, for us, it made it easier to offer $90. You feel like "ok, you see what it is like when it gets bad and that is not that bad for a timeshare. In fact, it is *very* good compared to almost anything else.".

I hope all the current owners feel ok with their purchase. It looks like some of the early deals had some people buying direct in the low 90's to the low 100's after various discounts. I would jump at that now to buy direct (direct would be my natural way of doing it!). However, at $150 - $165, resale at $90 was just too tempting.

Frankly, if you purchased at $130 - $160... in a few years not even you will care. This is about just having great vacations. Getting a "great deal", IMO, is very short lived when it comes to lasting happiness. However, memories from your vacations will last a lifetime so I would personally stay focused on that. I know our prior 7 visits to the parks is what I remember most. I have no idea what we paid anymore! At the time, I am sure it was more then we could afford Again, with the banana, I just love it.

In the end, we are excited! We can't wait to plan our trips.

Sorry for my long post. Again, that is probably another reason why I should not post on boards! (just in case you did not catch the first banana or two...)
nd43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #1759
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd43 View Post
Hi Everyone,

To be upfront, I never really participate in board discussions. As you can see, I am long winded. So no big loss for most!

However, this board has been so helpful I felt obligated to provide what little data I have on any of these subjects as a "pay it forward" for all the great data others have provided here!

We are new to DVC. We have an accepted agreement for an existing contract at BLT:

- BLT 300 PTs Feb UY (308 pts current, 300 more coming in 2/2014)
- We offered $90 - we pay closing - we are also paying current 2013 dues

It is being submitted to Disney this week for ROFR.

After some reflection, we decided not to be too aggressive with our offer (at least I hope the seller & Disney feel that way!). I just wanted to get this done and lock in our first batch of points. I was not trying to get the deal of the century! In my life, I never bought at the bottom - just not that resourceful! (however, I am pretty sure I sold at the bottom - or perhaps created the bottom - several times ). I have no idea what a banana has to do with that statement... but I just liked it. Again, not a regular post guy.

It was interesting to read / see how in 2011 the points for BLT dropped all the way to $60. It then bounced around $60 - $70. It appears to have climbed back to $85 - $100 on the resale market depending on various factors right now.

As a potential future owner, frankly, I would be happy to think a timeshare would "bottom out" at around $60 per point. I think that is still crazy good for a bottom during a very tough economic time for a timeshare. I know it must hurt if you never saw it coming, but honestly, for us, it made it easier to offer $90. You feel like "ok, you see what it is like when it gets bad and that is not that bad for a timeshare. In fact, it is *very* good compared to almost anything else.".

I hope all the current owners feel ok with their purchase. It looks like some of the early deals had some people buying direct in the low 90's to the low 100's after various discounts. I would jump at that now to buy direct (direct would be my natural way of doing it!). However, at $150 - $165, resale at $90 was just too tempting.

Frankly, if you purchased at $130 - $160... in a few years not even you will care. This is about just having great vacations. Getting a "great deal", IMO, is very short lived when it comes to lasting happiness. However, memories from your vacations will last a lifetime so I would personally stay focused on that. I know our prior 7 visits to the parks is what I remember most. I have no idea what we paid anymore! At the time, I am sure it was more then we could afford Again, with the banana, I just love it.

In the end, we are excited! We can't wait to plan our trips.

Sorry for my long post. Again, that is probably another reason why I should not post on boards! (just in case you did not catch the first banana or two...)
I think you have a great attitude and congratulate you on your purchase. I am sure that you will enjoy many years of vacations with your new purchase!
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #1760
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
Waived through!!

BWV, $69, 100 points, April. 26 banked 2012 points and all forward.

[edit] Day 26. Stick a fork in the BWV bad news run.
Great news to you all who passed! Now if I could only get my contract to sign for our BWV so it can actually be sent to Disney!
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #1761
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!
 
DisneyAndRedSox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey Girl trapped in Massachusetts
Posts: 2,379

More good news today, we passed ROFR!!

Animal Kingdom Villas; June UY; 106 points coming on 6/1/13 and 150 points coming on 6/1/14. Priced at $65 per point.

Offer on 3/12
Sent to Disney for ROFR on 3/13
Passed ROFR 4/9
__________________


DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #1762
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran
 
Hunclemarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,019

Congratulations everyone! Glad to hear some good news

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________



January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #1763
elcid3
Earning My Ears
 
elcid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 47

Submitted to DVC on 4/4/13...


VB August UY. 240 points. 2012 - 240 points (banked). 2013 - 240 points. $34 per point. buyer pays closing/Fidelity admin fee. seller pays maintenance.


my guess is the mouse will ROFR this one but we'll see...
elcid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #1764
thptrek
DIS Veteran
 
thptrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,312

I had a BLT contract just recently passed at $89 but then in February I was rofr'd at $95. Very similar contracts too
__________________
Extreme Commando WPASADI veteran - 2006/07

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #1765
kenly777
Mouseketeer
 
kenly777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Hurley, NY
Posts: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post

Once, on a HHI contract, my contract showed up in DVCmember the day I closed and the points were in place the next day.
Wow! Now that's some pixie dust! So wonderful to hear when someone has a great experience.
__________________
me DH DS DS DS

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #1766
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 516

Congratulations everyone! This is so much more fun than the last few miserable weeks hearing all the bad news. Hopefully, the "Disney Ides of March" are over.
__________________
DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #1767
kenly777
Mouseketeer
 
kenly777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Hurley, NY
Posts: 322

Congrats to everyone! Love good news
__________________
me DH DS DS DS

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #1768
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best
 
zeferjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd43 View Post
Hi Everyone,

To be upfront, I never really participate in board discussions. As you can see, I am long winded. So no big loss for most!

However, this board has been so helpful I felt obligated to provide what little data I have on any of these subjects as a "pay it forward" for all the great data others have provided here!

Good luck on your offer and to the DIS!
__________________




Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #1769
chitwnnole
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 56

We submitted for ROFR around the 21st of March. We are only starting out with 25 points and paid dearly for it. SSR at $81 a point. I had been burned on offering lower on a coup,e of OKW contracts and wanted to get started one way or another. I know we paid much more but are happy and feel it should pass ROFR I will update when we hear
chitwnnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #1770
automaticsoap
Mouseketeer
 
automaticsoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitwnnole View Post
We submitted for ROFR around the 21st of March. We are only starting out with 25 points and paid dearly for it. SSR at $81 a point. I had been burned on offering lower on a coup,e of OKW contracts and wanted to get started one way or another. I know we paid much more but are happy and feel it should pass ROFR I will update when we hear
Good luck with ROFR! You're still paying a lot less than buying direct -- all that matters is that you are happy with your purchase!
__________________


automaticsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: